It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9th of Av is 911

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by crosspoint
Whose head are you trying to toy with here? Just go to a converter table: ( Jewish-civil) and type in 9/11/2001
September 11th was not the 9th of Av at all. Here's the copy/paste & link:

"You have selected:
Tuesday, September 11, 2001
The corresponding Jewish date is:
Elul 23, 5761*

www.chabad.org... /GO%C2%A0%C2%BB
"

The oP was not saying that is it was Sept. 11 he stated it was there 911 because they do the day month year when writing a date so it would be 911 without a year. So many people read things without interpretation of the subject .

Ops statement below

TextI wish to focus upon the 9th of Av. To the Jews the 9th of Av is 911; the 9th day of the 11th month. This is a striking coincidence(?) that I know you have not often if ever heard in the media or anywhere else. Some of the events that have taken place on the 9th of Av:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by fiftyfifty

You felt some need to bring your lack of knowledge to the thread to begin with so why stop now? Good luck with living in the UK. You deserve it.

And what you bring is knowledge is it? Why stop now you ask? Because this isn't worth my time. You clearly don't live in and probably have never visited the UK so I would reserve judgement until you have educated yourself. Wherever you are from cannot be a great place if it breeds idiots such as yourself.

Get off of your pedestal, open your eyes and stop being a prize jerk. You will find that your perspective of the world might change. You have just destroyed your own thread by the way - good work

Half and half you are the one that started with the negativity and just because OP stands up for himself you try to put the negative interactions on him .

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's a bit hard to explain, even to Jews, but, technically, Av is not the eleventh month; it is the fifth month. Although Rosh Hashona (1st of Tishri) is regarded as the "New Year" and years change their numbers then, Nissan - the month in which Passover occurs - is regarded as the first month (Exodus 12:2 & 18; Numbers 9:1 & 28:16, etc.) -- the preceding month, Adar, is doubled every three or four years to bring the lunar calendar in line with the solar calendar -- so that Av is the fifth month, Tishri, the month of Rosh Hashona, is the seventh month (Leviticus 16:29 & 23:27, Numbers 29:1 & 12, etc.).

This may seem odd, but well into the 18th century, English-speaking countries did not change the year number until March 25th.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by fiftyfifty

You felt some need to bring your lack of knowledge to the thread to begin with so why stop now? Good luck with living in the UK. You deserve it.

And what you bring is knowledge is it? Why stop now you ask? Because this isn't worth my time. You clearly don't live in and probably have never visited the UK so I would reserve judgement until you have educated yourself. Wherever you are from cannot be a great place if it breeds idiots such as yourself.

Get off of your pedestal, open your eyes and stop being a prize jerk. You will find that your perspective of the world might change. You have just destroyed your own thread by the way - good work

Half and half you are the one that started with the negativity and just because OP stands up for himself you try to put the negative interactions on him .

fiftyfifty did not start the negativity. He asked a couple honest questions whether he knows of the subject or not. Did you even read the op's first relpy to him?

Did you read the op's second reply to him?

C'mon, fiftyfifty replied the exact same way I would of.

To the OP, thank you for the information. This is a very interesting subject and i'll continue to follow it as long as it lasts. Hopefully, more people will contribute to it with more info. on it. I wasn't aware of this. Thank you.

edit on 14-6-2012 by will615 because: spelling correction

edit on 14-6-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I was listening to some lectures and the guy said Av 9 is July 28th, and the Jews fear AV 9. It's a cursed date for them.

I wonder what will happen July 28, 2012?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It is very common to relate dreadful events with the Ninth of Av -- a fairly long list by now but sometimes requiring elevating a relatively small event with a larger disaster that occurred on another day.

However there is also Talmudic lore that the Messiah is or will be born on Tisha B'Av. I know of one Hasidic rabbi, in Springfield, Massachusetts, who was born on Tisha B'Av. At the very least it means that he will NEVER be able to blow out the candles on a birthday cake on his (Hebrew calendar) birthday.

Although Tisha B'Av is a very solemn and, among Orthodox, devoutly observed fast, in 2000, during the Presidential campaign the Dem VP candidate, Joe Lieberman, violated it by attending a campaign fundraiser and eating and drinking. I never heard of him making any public statement about that or fasting on another day.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

Thank you for the info.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Interesting post. I agree though that something negative/tragic happening at London 2012 would be a low probability. The security would be obscene.

11 months before sept 11 I visited heathrow airport for the first time and was amazed the uk police standing around with big shiny scary guns. We asked why this was so to one policeman and he said it was because a plane from Israel and another plane from a middle eastern country had landed around the same time and they weren't taking any chances.

After Munich, Atlanta, 7/7. 9/11 and other disastrous times in recent history, London will be as secure as the proverbial....

All eyes on London....... And a black flag raised elsewhere.

As Monty Python says, Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Yeah, because Av9 is July 28th... which is only the day after the Olympics.

*edit* OK, actually looking around at other sites they're saying it's July 27th?

so when is Tish B'Av this year? 27th or 28th??

edit on 11-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join