It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense Lucid Dream Hints at Simulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I had an intense dream like night. Sleeping, but I felt "in between" awake and sleeping, as I have before a few times. I'd open my eyes, see "reality" in front of my eyes, in my room, then close them and instantly be back in the dream, like I hadn't left. (Maybe I hadn't?) This kept happening over and over! At times, I felt the dream blending in with reality, hearing people from the dream in my room, and I felt I might never be able to close my eyes without entering the dream state again. I figured I was dying or something, but it was cool at times, because I was able to control aspects of the dream, such as picking up a cat with my thumb and index finger and moving it. I've had lucid dreams before, but this was more intense than that. Just wild.

This experience makes me wonder about the "simulation" theory. That "reality" is just a perception. Maybe we don't move when we think we do; we just think we do. There is evidence to suggest this is very possible because the brain cannot distinguish between something you vividly imagine, and something you actually experience. This is how you can engage in a movie, and not be bored the entire time because "it's just a movie." You really perceive it as real (although a bit "flatter"). The same is true with dreams. We react to them as though they are real, and then have to try to convince ourselves "it was just a dream" if it's a nightmare, or "wow, that was amazing" if it wasn't. In other words, there's a fine link between reality and things we only perceive, so maybe reality is just a complex perception that is engineered?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have had this so many times, just before i start to go to sleep i can see crisp and very clear images whizzing around just like a dream, but im very well aware im awake still and can almost control what is going on, they are mostly images of what i did that day or things on my mind, it very strange but fun at the same time, i also get that 'falling' feeling at this point and at times it feels like my whole bed it shaking!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
lucid dreaming is the simulation.. and you are doing well to play with yourself and master these abilities in the training hall so to speak. when you gain enlightenment and your mind is awoken with a flood of white light.. you will then be able to do the real thing. this is your purpose... this is your goal. to gain enlightenment! in this state the spirit can disconnect and stand entirely seperate of the body allowing you to visit higher dimensions. but the fact that you can lucid dream at all so well suggests that your mind is quite strong.

I would say you are doing great but have further to travel. seek enlightenment. the chakra system, the path to enlightenment, the way of life, contacting your spirit guide/imaginary friend/higher self. study, practice and i believe you will be fine. you do believe in the existence of the spirit/soul right?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Bath Salts,wernt part of this "dream"right??

I kid.......

I love dreams, like the one you had. I found if you can get your breathing to almost a standstill,you can attain these kind of dreams,more frequently.

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
lucid dreaming is the simulation.. and you are doing well to play with yourself

Anyone else see the innuendo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reality could very well be a lucid dream, My meditation states have got to the point when i cant differentiate between dreaming and awake, but i know the lucid dreaming part is more fun

edit on 9/6/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
as so many aptly put it. it is all about sex. on every level lol

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, I hope this fits in, for me it does.
Like I mentoined in other threads before, part of my daily work is to program machines.
I had a dream this week that was totally strange. The last days, my day shifted more and more into the night, going to sleep at 7am, which gave me wild lucid dreams I was able to remember. My wife is able, as she says to build up a story before going to sleep and then dream that in a lucid way. That´s not true for me.

It started like a normal dream, except that at some point I got aware of the fact that I´m dreaming. I never had lucid dreams too often. I don´t remember much of that dream anymore, but some things I do.

For example, I was somehow able to halt the dream. Not like hitting a pause button or so, but more like debugging a program (it´s like pausing somehow). I did not do this on will, rather on reflex. When this happened, my vision turned white and I saw written code, much similar in shape to modern object based languages.

I wasn´t able to identify and read the code, like "oh there are some declarations" "here, the object x is spawned" but I was able to change it and somehow I knew what I was doing. I understood somehow. I did this the whole dream on, debugging the dream through code changes, switching between run and debugging fixing all sorts of things that were not pleasant for me and my friend, who was with me in my dream. Certain things were untouchable for me, like they were override protected, such as the sky I was trying to change to "vanilla" or that I wanted that waterfall to stream the other way.

Then, shortly before I woke up, we met a white "figure" in my dream that REALLY scared the crap out of me. Actually it was just a bright white vertical line that resembled the statue of a human but was way to tall and thin.
We were walking through a labyrinth (that was part of what I constantly changed to just walk into open space instead of green walls) and we came to, a point where that white line was "standing". It was standing in the middle of a circle, where ways were leading away. If you would look at it from top it would resemble a star.

So we walked towards it, and I just hopped into the code and tried to alter our "position", which were a set of 9 variables. I wanted to set our position in a way that we were the same distance to the white line but BEHIND it.
Well, I wasn´t able to and that´s when the white line started to "talk to me".

It wasn´t talk like voice transmission, more like adding a library (not the books, the code). This is what scared me so much because I had that buzzing sound in my head when "it" did that, just like I had some months ago at rare moments before going to sleep. It was a feeling like getting shocked by 230V alternating current with a real loud buzzing sound. I felt like something was "downloading" to me everytime the buzz was fading.
Like that: "BBBuuuuuZZZ" while the beginning and ending felt like a completed package.

That´s when I woke up with blurry vision a headache and the fear that my waterbed might leaked because I sweated like 2 liters or so. I don´t know what to think of that dream and what happened that during that dream, because my wife was not at home, she worked that day (I was sleeping in the day)

edit on 9-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I've had that falling of my bed shaking, but I only felt it on the parts of my bed that my body was touching. It was not my entire bed. This was around the same time I was hearing "the hum." (Another topic altogether. I cannot get into that.)

Something is going on energy-wise when these things are happening, it seems. These are the most paranormal things, essentially, that I've experienced and cannot explain. Some people see ghosts. I have felt my bed surface vibrating under me. Always, the hum is heard at the same time, and my dreams are altered, and I have difficulty sleeping. I try to dismiss it, because I just can't figure it out, and nobody else who has studied the hum has either.

Thank goodness this doesn't happen often, and I know what causes it for me, and it is avoidable -- increased physical stress and lack of quality sleep. Seems to just make my "circuits" go haywire.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

As far as the soul, I am not sure. I have some reason to believe in it, but I have other reason to doubt it. I haven't been able to reconcile it.

I would do well to follow your advice and work with my chakras. I have started with the heart, as per advice from a book. I also have done posture work to align myself to really feel the "energy flow" right around the top of my forehead. It's a positive feeling and raises my confidence. So, I am starting to get into it, but I am taking it slowly.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I have had very frightening experience in trying to limit breathing. It is possible to go into a state of septic shock when doing that. That also results in hallucinations for me. I would never try to duplicate that experience. I would recommend caution with it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

That was interesting. Thanks.

I have wondered if the purpose of dreaming is to somehow overlay a distraction on our mental field of vision while data from our "reality" is transmitted someplace else. In other words, maybe we are biological sensors whose purpose it is to react with the world and transmit the data to another distant place. Our brains use up a tremendous amount of energy. If it my personal guess right now, that we certainly do communicate wirelessly with some other being or "thing" or place somewhere distant. It's not something I firmly believe, just more a guess based off of what I've experienced or read.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a kid, did you ever thought about rooms that are not there if you can not see into it? I also thought about cameras in that room but then it came to me, when nobody ever looks on the picture (digital was not aviable in 1970) then it might be possible. I read that kind of statement here a couple of times and I thought maybe I ask you if you ever had that thought.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I love dreams, like the one you had. I found if you can get your breathing to almost a standstill,you can attain these kind of dreams,more frequently.

I know what you mean. Your breath gets lighter, you barely can hear it and then you begin to fall behind. I never managed to keep falling, instead I get more awake when I try but fail because I think to much. This is also the point where the buzz occurs at very rare moments. Normally, I have a very strange dream then, which I also can remember somehow good, but not vivid or controlling the dream.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
As a kid, did you ever thought about rooms that are not there if you can not see into it? I also thought about cameras in that room but then it came to me, when nobody ever looks on the picture (digital was not aviable in 1970) then it might be possible. I read that kind of statement here a couple of times and I thought maybe I ask you if you ever had that thought.

Maybe not rooms specifically, but perhaps being connected to another 'realm' and seeing things that may be "real" somewhere else. I mean, if not peeking into another space, then what is it? Didn't it have to come from somewhere? If it's random, why isn't it completely random? (Sometimes it can be I suppose.) But, the things we see in dreams usually have some resemblance to life, but it is changed somewhat. So, maybe it's like that...just altered a bit somehow.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by sonnny1

I have had very frightening experience in trying to limit breathing. It is possible to go into a state of septic shock when doing that. That also results in hallucinations for me. I would never try to duplicate that experience. I would recommend caution with it.

I also.

You have to really concentrate,and know your limits.Like any meditation.......

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

For me, it happened in response to a severe nervous breakdown. So, I was unable to leave the environment I was in, and I continued on and on for hours like this (at least 5 or 6). Eventually, my outer body became very cold, "like ice" according to someone else. I had symptoms of shock, I realized at last, but I don't want to describe all of them.

If you're ever under extreme stress, don't do what I did and try not to breathe as much, for whatever reason you feel there may be "something in the air." That could lead to exactly what you figure breathing this "toxic air" would.

new topics

top topics

join