It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul should run as a third party here is why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
give the people another real option when they vote.this is the last time he will run for pres go all the way and see how many votes he would get .give all the people who donated money and there time to his campaign there vote.and don't make them vote and help elect another same as the last guy just different name .even if he looses by alot or if he wins .nobody would look back and say what if.and i beleave if he really wants change he has to do it for all of us who stood behind him all this time do it for us
edit on 9-6-2012 by bad2bone because: miss spelled word

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I agree, he should run third party, especially since his son sold out to Romney. But he won't.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
im starting to think there is some credence to the claim he is just controlled opposition. i mean he has such devoted libertarians that fallow him religiously and seems to get no where
mean while his boy is suporting a candidate that muscled out dear old dad

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I agree, he should run third party, especially since his son sold out to Romney. But he won't.

Rand paul is just trying to show Ron Paul supporters could be beneficial to the republican party.If they continue to sit on the sidelines it makes there whole movement useless and there message dies.Because republicans will see no need to cater to Ron Paul supporters if there is no benefit.Rand Paul knows he can change policy if he can show he has support but all that republicans are thinking right now is his dad attracted alot of right wing nuts.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul and the supporters have a strategy. Just keep watching the GOP. Also, everyone seems to forget Independent voters, which outnumber both combined parties 4 to 1, haven't had a voice at all in the primaries.
edit on 9-6-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Independent voters haven't had a voice?

Maybe review the voting procedures for independents, before making a senseless comment next time?

I think you'll be surprised at how stupid your comment was!!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

whats wrong being like his dad.thats who i would want to be

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Maybe review the voting procedures for independents, before making a senseless comment next time?

Idiots don't have a choice in being idiotic.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Mr. Confusion checking in.

Four to one? That would mean that independents make up 80% of the American voters. I've never seen any statistics like that, could you share your source?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

LOL

The poster obviously hasn't followed US elections.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
www.americanselect.org...

You Ron Paul fans should have been showing support for him at americanselect. I have been trying to send Paul fans there for months. Seems you fantasists had your heart set on the GOP even though it was painfully obvious that Romney was the Republicans choice. If Paul had gotten enough support through americanselect all you Paul fans would still have hope.

Pushing for the GOP nomination was braindead. How obvious does something have to be? Wasted months.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Many swing voters that would consider voting for Paul would not register as Republicans is all he is saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
too late. they'd kill him in attack ads as a flip flopper and the "typical politician pretending to be different"

he's better for the country as an agitator in congress anyway. the potus is an executive, and ron can't even control the fringe kooks in his own campaign, he's a pack member, not a pack leader. he's the Mu male

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
you guys no how ron always said he would keep going on his campain as long as we showed by are donations we wanted him to keep going he would.i feel that all the money and support we gave him .its his turn to do something for us do the third party because we are asking him to

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bad2bone

What happens if Mitt makes Rand VP. Will Ron go up against his son, or was this the plan all along, to feather the nest for Rand and handing Romney the ticket.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ron Paul will not run third party. He has explained his reason before, I will try to find the video, but the long and short of it is that it is a 2 party system. When he tried to run 3rd party early in his career he found himself spending all his money trying to get on ballots and trying to get involved in the debates, then he had no money to actually campaign. So without being in one of the two major parties, you are automatically set up to fail.

new topics

join