It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mister Rogers remixed - The Garden of Your Mind (You want to check this out, ATS!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I had half a mind to post this in the metaphysical section!
This is a great mix done by John Boswell of Symphony of Science. If you haven't heard of SoS you should really give them a listen, they have some fantastic work featuring Carl Sagan and many there scientists/philosophers/etc..
Anyway, just wanted to post something positive. Mr. Rogers knows what's up.

We are multidimensional beings simultaneously co-creating reality by the very thoughts we grow in our mind! (I realize that sounds 'out there,' but it really is the conclusion I've come to on my personal path. It all starts in our mind and in our heart. Everything else just bubbles out from there. Enjoy!)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

That is a lot cooler than I honestly feel it should have been. Just... Awesome.
edit on 8-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
wow. blast from the past here. i used to watch Mr. Rogers daily. quite the trippy program with lots of good messages. was there any truth to the rumor that he was an Army Ranger sniper or whatever? S+F

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
wow. blast from the past here. i used to watch Mr. Rogers daily. quite the trippy program with lots of good messages. was there any truth to the rumor that he was an Army Ranger sniper or whatever? S+F

I never heard that rumor...

When I was 3-4 it was my FAVORITE show ever. Watched it every day. Even watched it when that creepy puppet wit the red cheeks and the strange voice was on haha. Trolley was the best.

I'm about to listen again.

I already heard the Carl Sagan one. It's soo good.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
For me, the interest in Mr Rogers was over and done when Pee Wee's Playhouse premiered. Both definitely taught me great things though. Most that life is only as serious as you take it, and only as beautiful as you see it.

Kids need more of these types of influences these days. I owe a lot of my silliness and good moods to them, and my ability to entertain kids on their own level.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow watching this I could feel it...I just smiled through the whole video this is truly beautiful

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Am I the only one who found Mr Rogers creepy ?

Would get the oddest creepiest feeling watching that show .

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

I think the creepiness comes from him being real. He engaged you through the TV.

TV is supposed to be fake land. And here is this guy talking directly to YOU, and not in a dumb way like blues clues or dora the explorer.

The show reminds me of something I can't talk about.

what do you think?

I wish I could go back in time 22 years, and not be stressed out trying to find work.

edit on 6/8/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I think the creepiness comes from him being real. He engaged you through the TV.

TV is supposed to be fake land. And here is this guy talking directly to YOU, and not in a dumb way like blues clues or dora the explorer.

what do you think?

I wish I could go back in time 22 years, and not be stressed out trying to find work.

Nope, it was the voice, and his way of talking. Something about it gave me the creeps

But I'm happy there others who enjoyed him.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

what do you think?

Nope, it was the voice, and his way of talking. Something about it gave me the creeps

But I'm happy there others who enjoyed him.

I find him very soothing. Like a father or grandfather, I imagine.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clever.
His show was directed at an age group younger than myself at the time. But I was fully aware of his show.
I really like the phrases they chose to put this clip together. Very thought provoking, literally.
Imagine that, a show that encouraged thinking for yourself, that celebrated our differences, rather than exploiting them.
Something tells me they could make hundreds of remixes just from the themes of his various shows.

It also makes me miss all those worlds you could create in your own head, as a child. A few plastic dinosaurs, and a pile of dirt. You could really create your own Jurassic Park.....In the garden of your mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Dude! (or dudette)

What the Heck have you done to me!?

I can't stop. It's like... well... something I can't mention.

oh I'm drowning in awesomeness, nostalgia, and an out of control garden.. "In my Mind"

I miss the show. I learned so much. I grew up and thought everyone was cool. We were all different. It wasn't for awhile till I met racism and hatred.

I look at my little brothers cartoons (he's waay younger) and I see mentions of the New World Order in the newer ninja turtles. I see Monopoly games that use credit cards and calculators... I bet all the stuff I liked would be considered "gay" by today's standards.

What ever happened to Conan the Barbarian fighting off the Evil Lizard King?
Or Optimus Prime dropping some knowledge?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I used to watch this too. Kinda took me back in time, put a smile on my face.. ahh... memory lane.

Great video, I really liked this.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

mr rogers is a good man. imo

OP;
song took a min to grow on me,wasent so sure at first ,but ......I like.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Awesome!
This and "bed intruder" are my favorite auto-tuned songs... LOL

Fred Rogers: O.G. (Original Gardener!)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

We are multidimensional beings simultaneously co-creating reality by the very thoughts we grow in our mind!

Very true...
And I think it's ironic (but no wonder) that when Rogers died in Feb 2003, all hell broke loose when the Iraq invasion began the following month. The shepherd of innocence known as Mister Rogers - who did all he could do for us - had to leave the flock to its own fate.

He tried to teach us (as all Bodhisattvas do) that survival doesn't have to be grim. Yet, mankind still chooses to focus more on our differences than our similarities.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Well said

top topics

join