It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Rich List. How rich are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Quite an interesting site to see how rich you are compared with the rest of the world. www.globalrichlist.com...

just enter your annual income and see where you are compared to your fellow humans. .
edit on 6-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Woohoo, I'm in the top 600 million! Suck it, you poor scum! Top 10% of humanity, yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh...

I'm gonna stop by the ATM tonight and then go home and swim around in an inflatable pool filled with $1 bills, Scrooge McDuck style!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In the top fifty million...I can,t believe there are only fifty million people in the world with a larger income than me, I see myself as quite poor, compared with most of my well off, snobby neighbours, who like to flaunt their wealth...

Someone said: " There are lies, damned lies and statistics " Hmmm... Good post nonetheless !

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If im in the top 3% something is terribly wrong with this planet.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Top 3.2%... bull!

Only a 10 or so thousand from being a 1%'er lol, I better watch out before I get targeted by OWS!

Wow, I just found out I was in the top 10% when I was 18, somethings not right here. I thought I was broke back then lol.

edit on 6-6-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

You probably were - for where you live and the lifestyle associated with that, anyway.

Kind of puts in perspective how well-off we really are here, and how we can easily seem so spoiled to the rest of the world, eh? It was on a 'funny' .gif I saw so I don't know if it's at all based on fact, but the claim was made that the average american eats 400 times as much food as the average african...

Suddenly my life doesn't seem so bad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Top 0.66% or 39,615,049...

Boy doesn't seem like it, guess it all comes down to where you live, in SO Ca, that doesn't stretch as far as it would seem.

Which is why I am moving the hell out of CA, my income in another state would improve the quality of life significantly.
edit on 6-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mine. I don't feel rich.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The thing is your comparing your wage with the millions around the world who get less than a dollar a day.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How are they calculating this?

68,695,653 You are the 68,695,653 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 1.14% richest people in the world!

I swear I'm not rich. At least compared to the typical American definition of rich.

I am also a believer in that rich is more to do with amounts of debt you have versus assets, than what your annual income is.

A person spending 100k a year but making 90k might make more money than me, but is poorer.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The thing is your comparing your wage with the millions around the world who get less than a dollar a day.

...which is something the Occupy clowns should think about. They may think they have it bad, but they have it pretty darn good.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good point, woodwardjnr, " Lies, damned lies and statistics " ( ? )

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Weird

8,382,352 or 0.13%, that's a shock.

I don't know if I feel happier or embarrassed.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Thankful?

Just imagine making $365 dollars a year and still being richer than millions.

I guess it's all relative at the end of the day, but shows how lucky we are in the west despite all the problems we perceive we have.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Top 0.72% globally. I am not in the least affected, let alone surprised. Such wealth comes with great responsibility (and great taxation).

According to this website the global top 1% make about 47500 USD or more. (For those who are curious, the JavaScript code which performs the calculation can be found here.)

According to a different website the median household income in the US is greater than 47500 USD, the point where the globally richest 1% begins. Food for thought, perhaps.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Tadeusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
lol

You're in the TOP 0.14%
richest people in the world!

~tenth

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lol im a 1%er what the hell.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You are the 233,913,044 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 3.89%
richest people in the world!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The global average income in US dollars is about $850 a year.

Roughly the price of a mediocre new computer, if you buy it from a retail store chain.
edit on 6-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Most of us here in America have no comprehension how rich we are compared to the rest of the world. I am poor, but not compared to so many others. Good reminder OP, we in the West need to count our blessings.

new topics

top topics

join