It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Tips

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Personally I prefer to lay down for meditation in a straight line so the energies can move from top to bottom. Before I try to calm my mind of any racing thoughts or feelings, I envision that my body sprouts roots. These roots penetrate down through the mattress, the floor of the house and then into the soil beneath to anchor me. Then I proceed to clear my mind. For some reason it helps me to ground.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by EncompassAll
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Your breathing is done automaticaly from your brain. Your brain recieves your conciousness. While you are in a state of deep meditation you are your conciousness not your senses. Your body continues to function yet you are no longer there. There are monks who,s body has died while meditating because they are so far out within their conciousness that never return.

The point im trying to make is, if you are your conciousness can still exist independant of your body and senses. Then what does that say about reality. It is what your conciousness allows it to be. Not what your body or senses defines it as. So reality is nothing more than a dream within your conciousness. Created by the divine conciousness for want of a better description, but using the very same conciousness that your using to experience it. So without conciousness there is no reality. Yet conciousness can still exist independant of any sense defined reality. So without consciousness there is no reality.

Well, this where we disagree. I don't believe the consciousness can exist separate from the body. I also don't believe in one consciousness to rule them all, but many beings with many different consciousness.

When you are in a deep state of meditation, you are still your body, because consciousness is still a product of the body. So, believing that meditation takes your conscious somewhere, when it is still where it always was, is called dreaming or imagination or whatever you want to call it.

Yeah, ive spoke to a lot of people that say the same but it does,nt make sense. Even Science is discovering that there is a "Cosmic Conciousness".

Heres a vid for you to watch about conciousness that may give you a fresh perspective.

Youtube Video

I think Science is on the right path they just need to look at things a little differently. Thats why i believe that what i, and many others believe is true. Were so tantilisingly close to proving it.

edit on 8-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hate to break ranks but....

to start out with, find out what works for you. You don't want to be too comfortable or too uncomfortable.
My practice starting by first ignoring all the how-tos. The only one I really listened to was the Dalai Lama - he said, " sit up as straight as you can."

Then, personally, I just started counting breaths. 1, 2, 3, 4 start all over 1 2, 3 4 Lose track, back to 1.

The other thing came naturally - don't move my dark eyes. Eyes still as can be. Don't let my eyes move. don't let my mind move 1, 2, 3,4.

Then, I began to 'see things' and I had some experiences that were well, things that amazed me. I fixated on that for a few months until I figured out that was distracting me.

Then, I started feeling like I should be in different positions. I'd hold my hands this way or that, it would be a bit uncomforable but a bit uncomfortable is good. It keeps you from drifting off, because concentrating is what you're doing..concentrating on nothing. lol It's weird, but the sweet spot is right in there between total concentration and total nothing.

Well, anyway, then I noticed one day that the positions I was in, resembled some positions I'd seen in statues. I started looking up mudras and such, and realized that I was doing them 'automatically'...I quit studying them. No need. If I need them, I will figure it out without thinking about it too much.

Lastly, i came to the realization that I need to limit my time. I could meditate for hours if left to my rathers but I have clothes to wash and a garden to tend. Take the meditative state into your work.

Truth is, I stay pretty high. 100% drug free. After a particularly deep mediation session, I am, admittedly, high as a kite. Good high tho. Real good.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I did exactly the same basicaly. I lie down which is comfortable but without a pillow which adds a bit of discomfort and i know im reaching a nice state when i lose this sensation of uncomfortable.

Did you not notice that after a while it gets easier and easier to focus?

I can now do a form of meditation when ever or where ever and i even often find myself drifting when i walk alone with no one distracting me. Before i know it im where i want to be with little notice paid to the journey itself.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EncompassAll
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Your breathing is done automaticaly from your brain. Your brain recieves your conciousness. While you are in a state of deep meditation you are your conciousness not your senses. Your body continues to function yet you are no longer there. There are monks who,s body has died while meditating because they are so far out within their conciousness that never return.

The point im trying to make is, if you are your conciousness can still exist independant of your body and senses. Then what does that say about reality. It is what your conciousness allows it to be. Not what your body or senses defines it as. So reality is nothing more than a dream within your conciousness. Created by the divine conciousness for want of a better description, but using the very same conciousness that your using to experience it. So without conciousness there is no reality. Yet conciousness can still exist independant of any sense defined reality. So without conciousness there is no reality.

If I focus on my breathing or do breathing excercises it greatly interferes with meditation. I usually begin with prayer, to Family, and asking Higher Self about an intention, setting intentions, goals. Then strive to be, or zenmind.

Someone posted something that I found very helpful, because I was in an altered state of expansion, high frequency quickly from doing this, even after an interruption in the meditation and got back to it, as I do like around 2 hours if possible. That was after putting a blind on over my eyes, picturing being in a small room with a window that has a blind on it. Now my intent was to open my third eye and stream photons in, and awaken fully to serve Love and Goodness. So I pictured this green puffy blind on the window blocking it and then threw it up, and this brilliant light just fills the room and me, while picturing an eye opening.

Its quite a powerful image.

In any case, in deeper meditation, and I believe its when a person is hitting a range lower than theta, into delta for me, because it happens in deep meditation for me sometimes, and when using delta, and used to cause panic, now I just face that and relax, is to feel like you quit breathing. I think the body slows down in supsended animation at a certain point and that is when your spirit leaves your body each night, to learn more, seek direction, etc. But we're kept from knowing or seeing behind that veil, though we may be given glimpses.

Even when people consciously astrally project, I think many are just exploring, but they're still not remembering their meetings with their councils/family/guides/higher self and purpose, this is often still veiled for them.

The one time this happened, I almost flew out in a flash, there was a really loud ringing in my ears, and I ended up half out of my body, almost laying/layered on top, with two distinct forms, so I was being given a hint from my Soul, ie. the thought came that when we are in this state, its uncomfortable (I guess it would be very boring) to stay in the body, so we leave.

So the breathing, it natually slows down, and if you reach deep states, its often something you would need to overcome fear of, just accepting, this is natural.

So the body/brain is doing the right thing and regulating things as needed.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

excellent my friend. excellent. indeed it is preceded by a ringing that grows louder until u fully disconnect. it is the sound of your frequency. your spiritual frequency as in the moments leading up to the dislocation of spirit from mind the mind transmits in both directions. allowing the brain to hear and even see a bit of the spiritual energy and its vision until full dilocation occurs where you will see primarily with your spiritual eyes. it's a shift from physical brain eyes to spiritual eyes.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I can see with my spiritual eyes and my insight, and as an experiencer the contact I've had, for there different kinds from classica abdutions to daytime message of meetings that would take place at night or prior to the abduction, and when that occurs it is like a 3d movie playing, extremely clear communication with visuals. In one of the meetings, I was told I would have, after having an experience that was akin to being pulled, except that I don't think it was a real oobe. I think its similar to an oobe, but more akin to remote veiwing and yet, very real. Anyway so I was pulled to a craft and shown a station viewing the sun, then, woke from this, shrugged it off, went downstairs, made coffee and went out under the stars. Felt restless, a little upset by what I was shown, it was a little too much of a paradigm shift, and was going in when a greeting sounded out and a red lit craft appeared, that my son jumped out for as well to witness. Then that night, I gather it was the meeting I was to attend, though I cannot remember that, but very subtle hands, placed a device just in front of my ears, the slight buldge there, which I call toggle spots, and they vibrated very fast, and it was lights out.

So I have a sensitivity to whatever multidimensional communcation is going on, and also Higher Self contact, and family.

But its as if, there is a veil, separating me from me. I kind of call that the lower frequency conscious part of us, that forgets who we are but is only a layer of self or our Soul, knows so much more, yet we are only allowed what we are allowed. At least though I set the intention to experience a conscious oobe, and my goal with this is to head straight up the layers as far as I can to meet with Higher Self consciously, there is nothing I can imagine more important than really getting on task and doing the work we came to do, seeking guidance from ourselves.
But I feel guilty about it as if, maybe we're only allowed so much, what do we do to pass further into these levels of activation? I only want whatever my family wants for me, my HS wants for me but at the same time this is still my strong goal, and I still persist.

When I was half out of my body, it was all at once, the breathing halted, but no time for fear, for this intense ringing occurred and simultaneously I was leaping out only to halt, and I was aware of more of myself there, and my Soul, was saying no, you're conscious, but normally in this state, we don't stay in our body, it feels too unnatural. That was like having the veil lifted and a peak under it, but still being told, not yet.

So what needs to be done in my own enviroment, life, to change this, this is my search.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by 0mage

I can see with my spiritual eyes and my insight, and as an experiencer the contact I've had, for there different kinds from classica abdutions to daytime message of meetings that would take place at night or prior to the abduction, and when that occurs it is like a 3d movie playing, extremely clear communication with visuals. In one of the meetings, I was told I would have, after having an experience that was akin to being pulled, except that I don't think it was a real oobe. I think its similar to an oobe, but more akin to remote veiwing and yet, very real. Anyway so I was pulled to a craft and shown a station viewing the sun, then, woke from this, shrugged it off, went downstairs, made coffee and went out under the stars. Felt restless, a little upset by what I was shown, it was a little too much of a paradigm shift, and was going in when a greeting sounded out and a red lit craft appeared, that my son jumped out for as well to witness. Then that night, I gather it was the meeting I was to attend, though I cannot remember that, but very subtle hands, placed a device just in front of my ears, the slight buldge there, which I call toggle spots, and they vibrated very fast, and it was lights out.

So I have a sensitivity to whatever multidimensional communcation is going on, and also Higher Self contact, and family.

But its as if, there is a veil, separating me from me. I kind of call that the lower frequency conscious part of us, that forgets who we are but is only a layer of self or our Soul, knows so much more, yet we are only allowed what we are allowed. At least though I set the intention to experience a conscious oobe, and my goal with this is to head straight up the layers as far as I can to meet with Higher Self consciously, there is nothing I can imagine more important than really getting on task and doing the work we came to do, seeking guidance from ourselves.
But I feel guilty about it as if, maybe we're only allowed so much, what do we do to pass further into these levels of activation? I only want whatever my family wants for me, my HS wants for me but at the same time this is still my strong goal, and I still persist.

When I was half out of my body, it was all at once, the breathing halted, but no time for fear, for this intense ringing occurred and simultaneously I was leaping out only to halt, and I was aware of more of myself there, and my Soul, was saying no, you're conscious, but normally in this state, we don't stay in our body, it feels too unnatural. That was like having the veil lifted and a peak under it, but still being told, not yet.

So what needs to be done in my own enviroment, life, to change this, this is my search.

Practice your meditation.
learn stillness and detect the subtle wave that flows within when you achieve stillness.
study the chakra system teachings so you understand what is going on in the metaphysical realms when you perform the physical process of meditating.
studying the chakra system will lead you to all the answers for your questions. You may well be able to connect with your spiritual self and allow it to be your guide in identifying truth.

I also recommend you practice 3rd person visualisation techniques when meditating. like imagining you are looking down on yourself while meditating and viewing the room or where ever you are from a higher persepctive. seeing your whole body and the room around you even though your eyes are closed. This will be your imagination's job as it serves you from memory of your surroundings.

start to remember that you are the spirit. the body is a vessel. the body has a brain that thinks. but all it really does is process the information channelled to it from the spirit through the mind apparatus. The mind is the translator so to speak. By God's design. the spiritual consciousness connects to the mind link and the mind link then in turn creates a seperate virtual consciousness for the body as it translates and performs the actions of the spirit. However, the body has some automated features as a robot does. it has the ability to control the bandwidth so to speak of the mind link and how much spiritual energy is filled into it. fear is the restrictor! It acts as a defense to help prevent us crashing our logic system.

basically the average person is thinking primarily in this "virtual consciousness" created by the mind link. we must reverse that way of thinking to find truth.
edit on 8-6-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

meditation is a step by step process by which you will learn to loosen the grip the body/brain has on perception by learning to relax thought and just 'be' while remaining conscious. relaxing every muscle in the body and head. relaxing everything. I have made many posts on the topic within the forum. please feel free to look through them in my profile

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I found interesting books on meditation in indikat.hubpages.com... for those who are interested in the subject.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join