It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea about offtopic posts, extreme TC violation etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
If someone comes across an old thread, they can get all the real meat, with none of the graphical filler. Might help free up some valuable server space too.

I remember back from October 2008 (not a fight a WAR) between the Galactic Federation of Light believers and, well, others. It was basically that the Mothership was supposed to land for (fill in the blank) hours and take only the GFL believers aboard, starting with (I can remember her name) Goodgoo Moonchick or something, anyway, its about 320 pages long but I think that qualifies as 90% off-topic lol

Found here

I think years later it was still getting comments

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I agree. I've seen this feature on another site but instead of stars, it's either a thumbs up or down depending on your view of the comment. And too many thumbs down, the reply gets "retracted' but if you care to read it, you click onto it and it pops open for you. Other than that, it would remain closed (retracted). Of course, there are no T&C to have to follow but usually the posters themselves are pretty much civil, depending on the topic, of course.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It would make sense to remove the entire post as it is just taking up space I guess. But also with that it sort of sets an example at the same time... I don't know what would work better.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I hardly ever visit this board anymore, because the PC police here make it so boring - I just had a post removed because I said 'Chinks' for Christs sake!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
When something is removed, you recieve a U2U about it, I don't see what the issue would be with removing it completely and sending the U2U so it doesn't clutter up the board..... I've had several because I don't always control my comments, but I'm getting better at it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join