It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon recruitment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've been on ATS for a few years now and this is my very first thread so bare with me. I live in the SE U.S. and there is a very strong Baptist presense here. I've lived in other parts of the country and met some really nice Mormons living in Denver. For the very first time since I've lived in Alabama, two Mormon sisters can to my door. We talked a good 20 minutes and I told them my views on religion as a control device. I invited them back next week so I can do more research on the Mormon religion. I ,myself, am a Christian but believe there is too much corruption in organized religion. My question to you guys; are you seeing an increase in Mormon missions in your neighborhoods? If so, do you believe that they are using Romney as a recruitment tool?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

No more than usual.
Living in Utah, I had a great relatonship with the LDS members. I'd even join if it weren't for the no booze, no smoking, no gambling, no coffee.

Come to think of it. . . . . . probably why I'm not a Baptist!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Im not sure how much people know about the Mormon religion, but they have some crazy beliefs, like the whole you get to become a God on your own world if your a super good Mormon...

any one else have a problem with a President believing he can be come a God over his own world?

But I guess bush thought god talked to him so what ever.

and as for increased activity I always see white shirted missionaries on bikes around here, so not really and increase.

as for your research any religion that claims the Bible is correct or a holy book, (Mormon, Islam) and claims a new gospel should be questioned with this verse

Galatians 1:8

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

this is something both the Mormons and Islam claim that an Angel came with a new gospel for them.
edit on 2-6-2012 by benrl because: added verse

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've actually seen a decrease in my area. They used to be all over the place here. Now they're laying low.
They won't come to my door anyway though. I'm off limits for some reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Then a few weeks ago, the local news talk station had a couple of Mormon elders on to talk about their beliefs. What I really enjoy though is the closed minded people down here saying that the Mormons are of the devil. That's gonna put them in an awkward position come November now isn't it. I'm thinking the MSM has to do some conditioning to get people to bend on what they believe and they will do what Fox News says is best.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've seen a major decrease actually. I live not too far from a Mormon church, so I used to see them all the time around here, goig from door to door on their bikes. But I have not seen any in quite some time. Not around here, anyway.

So go figure.

Though, I was in a really poor area of Dallas just yesterday. Saw a couple of Mormons out there, riding on their bikes through the ghetto...I actually felt bad for them.

edit on 2-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join