It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Atlantis: thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So what do you SG fans think of Atlantis? It might grow on me but I feel it'll just rehash SG1 stories but with the wrath are the baddies.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I watched it up until the city came up out of the sea. They really made a big production over that scene. It didn't hold my interest very well.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I missed itbut I watched a re-run. looks great but I think regular SG-1 is still better. theres a new series of that right?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I prefer the original series, "Stargate SG1", but I'm wtahcing both series now!
Nothing wrong with Atlantis really, and they're not intereffering the stories because they're in different galaxies!!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I like SG atlantis. Its a great show. The only thing that confuses me is that since they havent established a wormhole between Earth and Atlantis then how are they going to get more Ammo? I mean shouldnt they be runnning low by now? They should have brought some zats or that new blue energy thing they invented.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Its all right.

Not brillilant.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey, it's jsut starting. I'm willing to give it a chance, just based on the concept that it might be a character study. I mean, yeah, it's first season, and they got mad kinks to work out...but McKay amuses me.

DE

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
but McKay amuses me.

DE

same here

Give it time the charcters need to develop more.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Seemed to me that after watching 3 episodes, there were to many repeats. I just got sick of waiting to watch it and then it's a repeat!

SG-1 seemed a heck of alot better.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm a bit sick of the humanoid primitives that could be lifted right out of Earth's past at various levels of development.

That story plays in SG1 with OUR galaxy and the seeding by the G'ould...but hello? No G'ould stole egyptians and seeded the other galaxy.

So IMO Atlantis has ruined pretty much a big chunk of the SG1 mythos that humanoid life all came from Earth.

Bah. Stupid other galaxy. Screw them. Who cares?

Okay, wait. Unless all the other galaxy people are descendants of the Ancients (from Atlantis). Meaning, they came from Earth too.

Nah. Earth no more populated the universe in the last few thousand years than God did. :shk:

Basically, Atlantis needs to get with the mythos building. SG1 went to extremes to do the Thor, Ra, etc. thing up and explain everything in nice tidy package. Waiting...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

So IMO Atlantis has ruined pretty much a big chunk of the SG1 mythos that humanoid life all came from Earth.

In the story line I believe the Ancients originally came from Earth(allthough it was up in the air somewhat they never spelt it out completely as little is known which is why they are in Atlantis in the first place) then some Plaque happened so Atlantis took off from earth(yeah I felt like O'Neal when I hear that heh like "yeah right") and travelled many many lightyears to another galaxie.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me but I don't like Stargate Atlantis near as much as the original...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
SG-1 Is definately better than Atlantis. But SG-1 lately is more character based than plot based.
Also the Atlantis mythology is a little shaky. They dont explain much do they? The wraith look like confused ancestors of maryln manson. SG-1 does a good job of mixing real mythologies and conspiracy theories about thor the grey and all that stuff!

new topics

top topics

join