It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequently Asked Questions..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!! It's been very helpful. Maybe now I can upload a avatar.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
edit on 4-3-2013 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Question??
Is there a trick or something when answering messages or sending messages? When I answer a message and then want to send a new message to someone else I get "U2U flood control" message. I don't think answering messages or sending one or two new messages would be considered flooding. flooding. It drives me crazy, I don't know how popular people on here handle their messages. Please, if there is a trick to this let me know. Thank you!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
my question is not in your list,i want to know where is the message sending tool.there was this tool,but it seems to be deleted.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seekout1212

At the bottom right of your screen you will see a button that says SHOW RIBBON, click that,, you will see a series of buttons in various colors, there is a purple one, looking left, MESSAGES and viola! Click it. You need 20 posts to be able to U2U. Have fun!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kaidec

no trick, we all get to wait

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

it is not at the same positionn Thank you so much.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seekout1212

The ribbon should be at the bottom of your screen. There is also a means of getting to it from the blue taskbar as well.

That being said... the private message system will only receive messages until you have 20 posts.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Got a quick question for you. I've been here about a year, and I noticed my points stopped at 2000 even though my stars keep going up. What does that mean? I'm not obsessive about it but just wondered if there was some rule about points I didn't know... Thanks!

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I'm replying here to myself because the problem seems to have adjusted itself a bit. We'll call the answer "Weird computer stuff."
peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder why the 20 post limit before you can create your own thread. I had to spam unnecessarily to get to the hit-count.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mohan168

So that we can deter spammers from starting a baker's dozen of individual threads selling snake oil.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have a noob question. Do you need a certain amount of posts before you can start your own thread.When I click new thread it takes me to a blank page. I primarily serf this site on my Ipad, so I also tried with my laptop and got the same blank page. The page has the banner and all of the top icons but absolutely nothing under it. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, I tried the FAQs and the search function.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

Read the two posts above yours.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thank you very much. Apparently I'm blind.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

S'okay

I'm blind every morning until after my second cup of coffee.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thank you for putting all of these things in one place. Starting out in this community has been very overwhelming! I was curious about if there was an easy guide to where new threads can be started? I have something I want to post, but I am not exactly sure what 'category' it would fall under.

Further I am not sure what I need to do to get permissions to post new threads on certain forums.

The overwhelming amount of data that I have to shift through as a new-member is very intimidating and I will admit I may have overlooked it in the threads on this forum and others where to post what. I have noticed SOME forums have their own rules and guidelines in them "What to post" and others do not.

Thank you again for compiling all this information to this thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

Hi,

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

I would encourage you to start a thread in our Introductions Forum.

It's a great place to start by letting us know what you're up to and what you're looking for

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for your swift response. I really do appreciate the time you're taking with your new members, as I know repeating the same thing over and over can get tedious. ANYWAY! - These threads will really help me. I will hop onto the introductions forum and post something there as well. I am very excited that there's a community like ATS!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

Glad to hear it

ATS is one of the best communities I've ever come across, which is why I've dedicated so much time here over the years.

I know it can be a bit intimidating because of the size of the place and the content available, but trust me when I say everything will be easy for you in a few days time.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join