It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequently Asked Questions..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Im still unable to get in the chat room. Will I ever be able to get in there again? Has it become a non issue? I believe the "!" at the end of my name is the problem but thats all ive been told. I was wondering if anyone is looking into it further?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hello RisingAgainst!!

Thanks for making this post. Even though I have been around for a few years, this thread helps me a lot.

My skill level, navigating AboveTopSecret and the many features / functions, remains pretty low. Having all the website features accessible in one location works wonders for me.

I'm sure others will get a ton of skill from this thread and it's contents, making members much better at operating their account and the posts they make.

If used properly, this could easily catapult the quality and skill of the general AboveTopSecret membership beyond any other membership belonging to rival websites operating in the same genre. Great to realize that and be a part of it's evolution from the past and refinement as ATS continues moving forward.

I do have one question I would like to ask you, or anyone who may have the answers:

is there a way to view specific responses from members to a specific member post?

If I make a post, then afterwards there are 150 more comments before I can rejoin the discussion, is there a way to see only the replies from ATS members responding to me in particular, hiding all other replies except those who replied to my posts in the thread?

Or... is there a way to see all replies by different members to a specific member's post

example: you make a post that interests me and I want to see what other ATS members had to say about your post. Can I see all replies to you post only?

Sorry for the redundancy, I felt I was having trouble articulating my question accurately

Thanks in advance for any answers

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit on 31-5-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I believe it was said that people could U2U Djarums (check spelling!) with IRC problems and they would be resolved. The illegal character in your username (as far as IRC is concerned) needs manual intervention on the part of an admin before it will work.

edit on 31/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I believe the "!" at the end of my name is the problem but thats all ive been told.

Yes, our current chat client can't handle special characters. Send me a PM and we'll set up a work around for you.

Also, to RA... excellent job on this thread. This is a phenomenal resource that all members, new and old, should take advantage of. Well done!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I expected nothing less from you RA

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm glad your back and working hard x x x

There is one thing id like to see that we don't have and that's another option on the drop down member menu that says show all reply's to this post.

I think that would be handy, especially if someone has added a picture in their post, I'd like to see what other posters have said about it. sometimes you have to go through pages and pages and you could easily miss some.

i loved this thread so much I've added it to sig, its going to be very handy for everyone.

Love and harmony
Whateva

and to add
reply to post by esteay812

ooh i just asked the same question
i'm glad to see it is needed and not just me

edit on 31/5/12 by Whateva69 because: added more

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very nice RA, this is with out a doubt a very useful guide for all to use. This site is rather large and there is so much to learn and figure out. I only wish this thread existed when I first started out!

Wonderful work as always. Thanks buddy

It's about time we see another quality thread from you!
edit on 31-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I will go over this again and again.

Im a slow learner so thats why.

Im a bad speller and sloppy to,,made my first UFO thread post and people were upset with me.
So gonna go slow and spell better on replies,as for debate and another thread= NO WAY
If I do make a post I dont want to debate them.

I know people here like points,stars,flags.

I also think best to stay out of the political area and mid east stuff to.
To much to far left or right and its not a win game.
Just insults for not agreeing or taking sides.
Im here to make a smile and enjoy.

As of now I stick to ufo,ghost,mystery threads.
I made my last post in the 4yr old kid sings anti gay song at a church.
Some articles tend to snag me so sorry.

Its best to have a smile and be happy,,,so gonna be a UFO_Molly from now on...

I'll read this post a few times.

M

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've embedded video from YouTube and Google Video many times but what about uploading video to include in a thread, as one can do with images? Is that possible?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
EXcellent compilation RA! I surely do wish this thread had been available when I first registered; might've save my old keyboard and my forehead

Good stuff

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Brilliant stuph!

I learned some things from these posts.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I do have one question I would like to ask you, or anyone who may have the answers: is there a way to view specific responses from members to a specific member post? If I make a post, then afterwards there are 150 more comments before I can rejoin the discussion, is there a way to see only the replies from ATS members responding to me in particular, hiding all other replies except those who replied to my posts in the thread?

Me Too, same question...if fact my MAIN question about ATS. Big time saver....sometimes I don't
have any extra time to FIND the replies I need to respond too...some threads get BIG really quickly
and by the time you get home from work or wake up after posting there simply isn't time enough to
check every page and respond....
edit on 31-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

If I may presume to reply. Go to the Ribbon at the bottom of your screen. Click it so that it shows, go to messages in the pretty purple, any pm's you have been sent will be on the left, at the top of that box, there is 'Inbox, Replies, Outbox, Saved', click on Replies. Viola, every reply to anything you posted will be there. I hope this helps

edit on 31-5-2012 by Iamschist because: Love the green, it matches my eyes

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I don't think he means U2Us. He's talking about thread posts.

To the OP:

At one time, it was possible to upload video. It seems that one can't do that now. Is there any plan to make that possible in the future? Video mash-ups are all over the place. I thought it might be fun to put one together.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
maaan! wow, you need a girlffriend, siriuos
!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
RA...you have personally stopped at least 50 grey hairs from sprouting on my widdle head. This info you have compiled and posted, makes sense to me.

That's saying a lot.....

Des

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Yes, I know, so am I
. Replies refers to thread posts, not pm's. pm's are in the inbox. I am guessing you have not checked it out.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
awesome thread Rising, you have outdone yourself this time. love your work especially your JFK threads

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by rival

If I may presume to reply. Go to the Ribbon at the bottom of your screen. Click it so that it shows, go to messages in the pretty purple, any pm's you have been sent will be on the left, at the top of that box, there is 'Inbox, Replies, Outbox, Saved', click on Replies. Viola, every reply to anything you posted will be there. I hope this helps

edit on 31-5-2012 by Iamschist because: Love the green, it matches my eyes

Thank you VERY MUCH ...
danke
gratzi
merci
arigato
muhalo

and " Tanks Mate...that was a bit o' awright!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join