It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headlines about militants killed in strikes are false.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And here is why.

“Militants”: media propaganda

To avoid counting civilian deaths, Obama re-defined "militant" to mean "all military-age males in a strike zone"

Virtually every time the U.S. fires a missile from a drone and ends the lives of Muslims, American media outlets dutifully trumpet in

headlines that the dead were ”militants” – even though those media outlets literally do not have the slightest idea of who was actually killed. They simply cite always-unnamed “officials” claiming that the dead were “militants.” It’s the most obvious and inexcusable form of rank propaganda: media outlets continuously propagating a vital claim without having the slightest idea if it’s true.

“Militants”: media propaganda

Basically, if you're in the area and you're a male of military age, you are a terrorist, and if you are killed, then you are a dead terrorist. They are guilt by association, because they happen to live in the vicinity.

Now extend that logic to you're life. What types of people live near you? What does that make you?

I remember hearing Obama saying that civilian deaths are either low or very minimal when asked about the accuracy of drone strikes on "suspected terrorist hideouts", and now we can get a glimpse into why that is.

THEY ALL ARE TERRORISTS! Not only are the strikes highly accurate, but the judgement of our administration is top notch.

Now think about drones flying over the US. Do you feel safe minding your own business? Does it feel a little tyrannical to you? It should.

edit on 29-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
SO much false intel... They have to use translators, even if it's 100% accurate translation you cannot tell if they are lying or not because of the language barrier.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As we have all been saying for a while now, it's only ok to kill innocent women, and children if NATO, or there falsified rebel armys do it.

NATO doesn't like competition!!!!

But redefining what a militant is well that just right messed up another slap on the back for good ol bumma changing the rules as seen fit, to forward his dictatorship over the world.

GO U.S.A, GO NATO!!!!!!

Bloody pathetic how our leaders work.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hear echoes of William Westmoreland here with his Vietnam body counts....
Not unexpected, I'm sure anyone old enough to lift an AK47 is a "militant" in their book.
I fail to understand how Pakistan tolerates this continuing abuse of their people and airspace.
But then again maybe that's part of their plan too.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'll write this down soon,,, I need to get my note book and pencil,,feel free to check out my jellow banna pudding recipie also...
Probly time we tripple our efforts and focus harder on these abusers of women there????

Wish we had drones for the sick abusers of women there???

They love thier women,,,,especially young....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
SO much false intel... They have to use translators, even if it's 100% accurate translation you cannot tell if they are lying or not because of the language barrier.

Easiest thing to do is blow them up indescriminately. They probably even think of them as less than human, so they can sleep peacefully at night.

Or worse, maybe they just think of them as humans and sleep peacefully anyway.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree with you on the issue in Pakistan.

How the US are getting away with flying drones into another countries airspace and killing civilians is beyond me.
After what happened in Iraq, people around the world should be protesting the continuation of the invasion of countries.
How many innocent people are going to die in this search for al Qaeda ?

Pakistan, to me don't seem to be trying hard enough to put a stop to this.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Basically, if you're in the area and you're a male of military age, you are a terrorist, and if you are killed, then you are a dead terrorist.

Really, that’s why we have report after report every week about civilians being killed in drone strikes. If this really was the case then why am I reading so much just now in the press about civilian collateral damage as a result of drone attacks.

Last time I checked there have been a little over 2200 civilian deaths in Pakistan as a result of drone strikes, actual if you look at the statistics more civilians are killed than terrorists.

So OP, you are flat out wrong to claim to that if you’re a male of military age and killed by a drone you are a terrorist.

Some critical thinking is in need hear.

top topics

join