It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details on US Internment Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Posted at Lew Rockwell's blog, this is apparently the US military's entire plan for internment camps.

lewrockwell.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks to be an interesting read. I wish there was a short version though. 300+ pages...someone needs to make a highlights video. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
These endorsements by: Andrew Napolitano in his book Lies the Government Told You has described LewRockwell.com as "the best monitor of government excess in America today, and Congressman Ron Paul has written that he "especially value[s]" the site.

Hoping for the best but planning for the worst...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

there is - right there @ the start of the manual - an overview :

A brief description of each chapter and appendix follows:

•Chapter 1 defines the objectives and principles of I/R operations and describes U.S. policies on the protection and care of all detainees, U.S. military prisoners, and DCs. It also emphasizes thefundamental requirement for the humane treatment of all persons captured, held, assisted, or otherwiseunder the control of DOD personnel, regardless of their individual status.

•Chapter 2 provides a description of I/R in support of operations across the spectrum of conflict. Itexamines the OE and the significant importance of I/R to tactical, operational, and strategic operations.Additionally, it discusses the importance of integrating detainee operations within the overarchingefforts in major engagements.

•Chapter 3 discusses command and staff roles and their respective responsibilities in resourcing andsynchronizing the efforts of multidisciplined functions and personnel. Clear command and control (C2)is essential for seamless operations to ensure that the principles of I/R operations are realized.

•Chapter 4 focuses on detainee operations planning and considerations. It includes a discussion onintegrating intelligence and interrogation operations. Emphasis is placed on the treatment and protection of detainees, use of force, and training for detainee operations.

•Chapter 5 provides information on the capture and initial detention and screening of detainees.

•Chapter 6 discusses facility infrastructure considerations at all levels. Successful operations include theeffective incorporation of sustainment support. This chapter describes the integrated sustainment effortrequired to support I/R operations.

•Chapter 7 discusses the confinement of U.S. military prisoners, to include battlefield and nonbattlefieldconfinement.

•Chapter 8 provides a discussion of the rehabilitative processes for confined U.S. military prisoners anddetainees, to include effective measures that ensure a successful return to society.

•Chapter 9 addresses the processes of paroling, transferring, or releasing U.S. military prisoners anddetainees.

•Chapter 10 provides an overview of resettlement operations for DCs. It describes the objectives and principles, supporting organizations, and military police support of resettlement operations.

•Appendix A is a metric conversion chart that is included according to Army Regulation (AR) 25-30.

•Appendix B identifies military police units with I/R capabilities that may be assigned to the theater of operations.

•Appendix C describes requirements and activities associated with the employment of contractorsduring support to detainee operations.

•Appendix D describes the intent of the protections given by each of the four Geneva Conventions, thedifferent categories of individuals under these treaties as required by international humanitarian law,and the requirement to establish a tribunal to determine the status of an individual in question.

•Appendix E provides background information and considerations for operating with the variousagencies typically concerned with I/R operations.

•Appendix F provides a sample facility checklist for planning considerations when conducting detaineeoperations at the TIF or SIF.

•Appendix G consists of forms used when processing and maintaining I/R populations.

•Appendix H provides guidance for applying the rules for use of force (RUF) and implementingnonlethal weapons (NLWs) and riot control measures.

•Appendix I outlines health support to be provided during I/R operations.

•Appendix J provides guidance for the design and construction of I/R facilities and the associatedsustainment requirements for establishing I/R facilities.

•Appendix K describes the psychological operations (PSYOP), practices, and procedures to support I/R operations.

•Appendix L provides general guidelines for the handling of captured material and documents thatcould be used as evidence in legal proceedings against captured persons suspected of crimes againsthumanity, terrorism, war crimes, and other crimes.

•Appendix M addresses biometrics and military police considerations for their use in I/R operations andfacility management.

•Appendix N provides tactics, techniques, and procedures for establishing and maintaining a foreignconfinement officer training program.Definitions for which FM 3-39.40 is the proponent publication (the authority) are in boldfaced text and have anasterisk in the glossary.

further - if people actually read it - it contains zero reference to operations withing the CONUS

its a fairly standard manual - that contains nothing that does not apply to operations overseas involing foreign combattants , POWs and civillians

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

lastly - claiming that this is a manual for US internment camps is idiocy on a par with claiming that FM 3-09 -12 is a manual for using artillery on US cities

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
IDENTIFICATION
7-16. Individual identification photographs are taken of all prisoners. The prisoner’s last name, first name,
and middle initial are placed on the first line of a name board, and the prisoner’s social security number is
placed on the second line. A prisoner registration number may be added on the third line. Two front and
two profile pictures are taken of the prisoner. Fingerprints are obtained according to AR 190-47.

new topics

top topics

join