It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies? Strange happenings in Florida and Georgia [TIME LINE]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There has never been any plant food or bath salts used to make Mcat/ mephedrone/ Bath Salts etc.

It was merely a way for the makers to get around the law and sell this stuff over the internet and in head shops. People were able to sell it in packets labelled as plant food or bath salts with a 'not for human consumption' warning. Of course the people that were seeking it out knew it wasn't plant food or bath salts too. At least now in the UK it has been made illegal.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tobree

I don't see how any single one of these could be even remotely related to zombies. When I heard about the man eating a guys face it made me think of zombies, but then I read he was on '___'.
edit on 29-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
that face eater story really got me spooked. Im watching out for other freaky things to happen.. If they do... well..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Reminds me of Hannibal Lector giving that guy drugs and convincing him to feed his face to his dogs......

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
reply to post by reficul

No it wasn't directed at you. It's just a situation that I'm familiar with. When I first heard the story it was the first thing I thought of. It fits so perfectly. Everything about it screamed bath salts. I've seen how people act on the substance. EDIT:

An emergency room doctor at Jackson Memorial Hospital said Eugene’s attack could have been induced by bath salts, a drug nicknamed after the bathroom product it resembles. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
MIAMI HERALD

edit on 29-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

Looks like you are on to something. Kudos.

It also looks like the MSM has been reading ATS
. CNN has put up an article about it:

Reports: Miami 'zombie' attacker may have been using 'bath salts'

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
reply to post by Tobree

I don't see how any single one of these could be even remotely related to zombies. When I heard about the man eating a guys face it made me think of zombies, but then I read he was on '___'.
edit on 29-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Even it it was in jest, I'm fairly certain that somewhere in your head you can draw a comparison between a walking corpse that growls like an animal and eats human flesh while appearing to have super strength and surviving a few gunshots that is called a zombie and a man who growls like an animal while eating human flesh and appears to have super strength and survives a few gunshots while high on some new drug... I mean who couldn't draw a comparison between those two. They are like identical descriptions of symptoms but with a different cause.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Well I found this video of someone who is apparently in the back seat of a cop car, and he is acting pretty freaky... ***just a heads up, the volume gets pretty loud, and as to T&C this video will help show the bad side of these so called bath salts... Scary stuff I'd say!!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I see a lot of people talking about zombies here and there is definitely a legitimate comparison to be drawn here. I mean the symptoms are the same, while the cause is different. It's definitely interesting stuff and I will keep my eyes open for more headlines like this in other parts of the country.

However, this day in age it would not be difficult to contain a virus that is passed only through bodily fluids, depending on the incubation period.

I think a quarantine and immediate grounding of all air traffic would happen as soon as a problem was identified. They were able to ground all air traffic after 9/11 in an hour.

We may experience a "zombie-like" outbreak but it may just end up like the Black Plague--lots of people die but certainly not everyone. Plus eventually the human body develops immunity and that immunity can be used to create vaccines. The CDC is pretty good at what they do now. That's why we're not all dying of smallpox and polio.

The idea of a "zombie-like" outbreak of a viral nature is such a very real possibility that even the CDC and Homeland security take it seriously. It doesn't necessarily mean that the corpses of the dead will rise and consume the living (that story is more of a religious nature). I'm talking more about the pattern of infection and rapid spread of a disease which would result in a breakdown of social struture and general anarchy when I say "zombie-like". There is a lot of potential violence there because freedom of mobility would be restricted, people would be fighting for treatment, emergency services would be unavailable, hospitals would be full, etc., etc., etc.

So don't just immediately go, "Pfft, zombies? That's stupid, they're fake."

Just posted that in another thread.

It's interesting looking at all the related articles OP posted. I mean I had no idea all that was going on and thank you for that. I didn't even consider that the three people with that MRSA flesh eating bacteria are all in GA.

It will also be interesting to see if we hear from the victim of this latest occurence of face-eating. I would like to hear what he has to say about what happened to him.
edit on 5/29/2012 by dbloch7986 because: Insert link to other post

edit on 5/29/2012 by dbloch7986 because: Typos

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What's with you guys and the Zombie subject? I mean movies are one thing and the reality another (needless to say). I don't really understand all this craze about zombies, zombie like diseases or zombie apocalypse. Especially the desire of some in here for this scenario to turn true one day. And why so many threads about zombies recently? Who's trying to promote what in here?
edit on 29-5-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IanPaul
reply to post by GD21D

Well I found this video of someone who is apparently in the back seat of a cop car, and he is acting pretty freaky... ***just a heads up, the volume gets pretty loud, and as to T&C this video will help show the bad side of these so called bath salts... Scary stuff I'd say!!

was this your video?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What´s on wikipedia about the "bath salt" - theory:

Other effects that users in internet forums have noted include changes in body temperature, increased heart rate, breathing difficulties, loss of appetite, increased sweating, discolouration of extremeties, anxiety, paranoia and depression.

Disclaimer: I do not recommend the use of "bath salts" in anyway, nor do I recommend to use any other drug (that includes alcohol and nicotin, too).

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
What's with you guys and the Zombie subject? I mean movies are one thing and the reality another (needless to say). I don't really understand all this craze about zombies, zombie like diseases or zombie apocalypse. Especially the desire of some in here for this scenario to turn true one day. And why so many threads about zombies recently? Who's trying to promote what in here?
edit on 29-5-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

Yes, especially considering the entire scene was blocked by concrete, no visual proof of a face eaten and only one witness who was far away saying what he saw. Even if this guy was a drugged up psycho, saying it is the start of a zombie invasion is too extreme to believe.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
my type of real zombie outbrake would be the one like " 28days later" where everyone goes crazy because of a mutated rabies vires. This reminds me of that. what if this dude, being on the streets, got bit by a dog and went nuts!

or its bath salts. But i like the rabies vires explanation better

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of police, who has been in contact with the officer who killed Eugene, says.......By the time police approach them they are a walking dead person.

So they are saying bath salts, but earlier it was a new experimental lsd... I think they should just wait for toxicology reports.

But the guy saying they are a "walking dead person" totally equates to zombie in my head. Although I would think if that was the case, we would have heard of more reports by now from the hospital where the victim is located. Probably is just bath salts. Ugh why would anyone be so desperate for a high to do those?

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I love your avatar toolstar.

Anyways, the bath salts confirmation comes as no surprise to me. I've been advocating that the guy was way to high on something scary.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Dudes, I saw, here in goos old S of A, a big pick-up truck, with an even bigger front bull bar, wrapped in matt black vynil, huge spot lights and, get this, 'Zombie Apocolypse Responce Unit' on the back.

Pictures included.

Think it was my second to last thread. Pretty big following...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Dudes, I saw, here in goos old S of A, a big pick-up truck, with an even bigger front bull bar, wrapped in matt black vynil, huge spot lights and, get this, 'Zombie Apocolypse Responce Unit' on the back.

Freaked the sh!ft out of me!

Pictures included.

Think it was my second to last thread. Pretty big following...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What's with the silly zombie theories? They detract from the seriousness of the subject.

I'm convinced that bath salts seem to be causing some of these incidents. That guy in the car video didn't really scare me. He just looked REALLY out of it.

Bad though. I sense Schedule 1 is coming soon for these substances.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
What's with the silly zombie theories? They detract from the seriousness of the subject..

who among us doesn't think that zombies are far more interesting than drug crazed killers? nobody is trying to detract from the seriousness of the situation. a little lightheartedness is not a crime

the ''bath salts'' or mephadrone/meowmeow did the rounds here a couple of years ago with no incidents like this..deaths yes cannibalism no, even though it is now illegal here i would imagine it is still readily available still no crazy cannibals eating people...i do not condone drugs but i very much doubt that man was using the same drug that was named ''plant food'' here in the uk
edit on 29-5-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And the hits keep coming.

Man-bit-lips-off-kitten
www.clickorlando.com...

man_stabs_self_throws_intestines_at_police
www.northjersey.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join