It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Tell Me That This Is Normal For Yellowstone (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Yes.....I suppose if we like it....why not!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Everything is alright. Everything is normal. Look into my eyes and repeat after me. Yellowstone is beautiful and Yellowstone is safe.

Nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hello

Like in several "famous" videos from live cam at Mt Sakurajima where a lot of these "white dots" are flying above and around the volcano , I think these are "surveillance" droids controlled by scientists in order to check the activity and taking measures in total security for human beings...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I could be wrong,Kat,but maybe someone took a hike up into those hills and made a little campfire till the rangers saw it?
I have also been to Yellowstone as a kid,twice,and from what I can remember(some 30 + years ago) they had the steaming lakes and geysers and boiling springs.
It is an awesome place.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have visited Yellowstone. It's an amazing place and believe it or not the geysers are least impressive part of the park. I was kind of disappointed after seeing old faithful in person. But it was still a good experience.

The videos look normal to me. There are thousands of geysers throughout the park, some are dormant and some take a long time in between eruptions.

en.wikipedia.org...

The number of thermal features in Yellowstone is estimated at 10,000[1] and 200 to 250 geysers erupt in Yellowstone each year, making it the place with the highest concentration of active geysers in the world,[2] thanks to its location in an ancient active caldera. Many of these features build up sinter, geyserite, or travertine deposits around and within them.

These geysers are mostly steam and are not like a water spout. The steam builds up high pressures and so it is normal that the steam gets ejected at high velocity.

When properly confined and close to the surface it can periodically release some of the built-up pressure in eruptions of hot water and steam that can reach up to 390 feet (120 m) into the air (see Steamboat Geyser, the world’s tallest geyser).[3] Water erupting from Yellowstone's geysers is superheated above that boiling point to an average of 204 °F (95.5 °C) as it leaves the vent. The water cools significantly while airborne and is no longer scalding hot by the time it strikes the ground, nearby boardwalks, or even spectators.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Everything is safe....everything is alright
I believe you.
I just thought that you my dear PM, would enjoy that....since you are one of our top earthquake/volcano lovers. It really is beautiful! Since I first found the live cam, I can't stay away. I HAVE to go there someday. I'm going to try to post a video each day here, just so people can see and appreciate this beautiful place!

edit on 5/29/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I think these are "surveillance" droids controlled by scientists in order to check the activity and taking measures in total security for human beings...
reply to post by Bennogob

I never thought of that. It really would be a good way to study it!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Another good idea. See, I knew people would have ideas as to what it was! Thanks Kdog!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Interesting! I think I gave the wrong impression in my OP. It's not really that I thought anything was wrong. I was just struck by the scene. It looked so eerie and beautiful at the same time. Looking at it made me think about the awesome power lurking just below that serene surface.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yes, it really is a beautiful place. The best place in my opinion is the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. The color on the sides of the canyon are so bright and vivid oranges and reds. The waterfall is huge and you can walk a staircase to below the falls. There is an vista point on the top of the falls as well.

The second best feature in my opinion is this giant blue pool. You can see the boardwalk to gauge the size. Really amazing in person. None of the photos do it justice. The park is very big.

The third best feature in my opinion is the Mammoth hot springs with all the mineral deposits from the hot spring water falls. Again the colors are much more vivid in person.

Besides all the wild animals roaming throughout the park. The next best feature is all the other waterfalls in the park. Tower falls was really beautiful one.

Last one of major interest for me was the bubbling mud pits. The whole area stinks like rotten eggs from the sulfur being released by the bubbles.

The geysers are neat but once you've seen one.. you've kinda seen them all. The area surrounding the geysers is pretty barren and kinda ugly compared to the rest of the park.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Wow! Isn't it amazing how the most beautiful places spring from the most dangerous? Without the volcano, we wouldn't have this beautiful thing to see.....yet, in one moment, could take us all out
Thank you for the info and photos.....amazing!! Being from Louisiana, which is mostly flatlands, rivers etc.....I can't even imagine this. There is much beauty in nature here, but TOTALLY different......the only time I have seen a mountain was in Arkansas.....and I guess those are small ones. Never seen a canyon or waterfall like that. *Puts on list of things to see before I die*
edit on 5/29/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yes it really is quite an amazing place. The absolute highlight of my cross country trip of the US. If/when you go you really must schedule an extra day to go check out the Grand Tetons. They are the surrounding mountains to Yellowstone. They are actually South of the park and add the beauty of the area.

You can see them from inside the park but they are not actually part of Yellowstone.

When I was in Yellowstone I only spent 2 days there. It was enough time to actually see everything but I would have loved to have spent more time there. One of the best places to really connect with nature and appreciate the natural beauty of the land.

I was on a 7 day road trip from New York to California. I was on a very tight budget too. I really want to go back to Yellowstone someday and spend at least a week there. The Grand Tetons are a must see too.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I see it still looks the same.
Those were wonderful camping trips I took as a kid out there.
We also went through the badlands and Devils tower.

I had a similar road trip to the Grand Canyon a few years back.
Low budget,nothing but a tent and sleeping bag.
It was awesome!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Amazing photos!!! Such great quality and detail - it brings back wonderful memories. Thank you for posting these!!! Are they yours or from the web? The Big Blue Pool is really incredible. And the smell of the mud-pots - oh yeah - you just don't forget that... :-)

And to StealthyKat for starting this thread:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

TY, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. I did take many photos when I was there.

But the photos I posted here were from the Google image search.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join