It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Tibet?.. Hopefully.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Tibetan's are still facing major oppression under the regime of China. Since 2008 over 30 people have committed suicide in protest by setting themselves alight.

Tibetan people are demonstrating protest in the masses in spite of fear of violent intervention by Chinese paramilitary. The people are rising and rising peacefully despite the past and present crimes against there country and culture.

Any attempt at reaching out to the global community is undermined by the Chinese Government. Internet cafes have been oppressed..

The Tibetan people are thoroughly unhappy under this dictatorship and if 30+ burning Tibetans isn't enough to listen I don't know what is.

The Tibetan uprising is gaining momentum.. and China are trying hard to thwart it through the means of even more oppression.

This truly is a story of our time and we at ATS should pay much closer attention to it.

I fear more bloodshed in Tibet is round the corner. Question is.. will the west put the working class peoples money where its ravenous capitalist mouth is? Or will China give Tibet back to the Tibetans before it comes to that?..

:/

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

It's a very sad situation and similar stories of oppression of other groups in Chine seem to be fairly common. I saw a great documentary about Tibetans who try and escape over the boarder, there was even footage of some of them being shot by boarder patrols some distance away, truly sickening.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I was searching for info...as there have been soo many self immolations this year, they don't give the number I know it is high.
Light and love to the people of Tibet and their preservation of religion & culture.
www.washingtonpost.com... 2/11/07/c8978802-293f-11e2-aaa5-ac786110c486_story.html

new topics

join