It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House dismantled to free '700-pound' teenager

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Not always true. I can eat as much as I want of anything and my weight doesnt change. I've been 11 stone since I was a teenager, I'm now just clocking past 50.

To burn off the calories through exercise is not as easy as it sounds, and if a person is eating food that does not provide the signals that tell them when to quit its almost impossible.

Look around at all the obese people, are we really saying that all of them are too stupid to control their diet/exercise ?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

if it were my child I would only keep healthy food in the house. She was kinda too big to leave so... I would also make the fridge unlock with a treadmill that had to be walked on for 30 minutes to pop the lock open with an automatic door closer and alarm system that monitored quantity of food removed from fridge every time it was opened lol

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

Thank you for your open and tactful response. I understand your viewpoint and yes it is difficult for Children to get any chance of a decent life when parents - mean well but are not equipped emotionally or intellectually to deal with problems out of their range of knowledge.

The Teenager is no doubt in need of some experienced medical professionals who can help the entire family without placing blame on any one member. We all learn difficult lessons in life and I am sure the parents care and just need sympathetic Teachers to guide them.

There could be simple solutions - I have read articles by experienced medical professionals that treat addictions with massive doses of Vitamin B3. I've tried it recently and my addiction to chocolate/sugar has definitely been curbed - I do not agonise about walking past the chocolate at the supermarket now - I don't even want chocolate. It is a shame that the food industry and the medical industry are not better acquainted with one another on a healthier level. The articles I learned from were based on treating alcohol addiction with Vitamin B3.

Much Peace ...to all obese people and their families - it cannot be easy to become well - much strength to you and yours...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

There is also cases of the parents fattening up their children especially lone parents not wanting the child to flow the nest fact..

.Any case i would not allow my child to get to that stage, and is the responsibility of us all not to let that happen.
My child could kick and scream all it wants . If we loved our children we would never let that happen, wether it was a medical issue or not over 700hundred pounds says it all that the mother is to blame .

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I do not understand why people hate on exercise so much.

Why would people not want to exercise? It is incredibly healthy for you, and even if you have physical issues, there are many other ways to get exercise with low impact on the body.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

If it is not a medical issue then there is no excuse, like drinking smocking drugging gambling etc it all requires will power. I was 19stone got on the weights turnt it to muscle now i am 15 stone solid muscle , took some will power where i lived there was no shops for miles, no one at the time to wipe my own backside in life, and plenty of depression . One day i had enough and started to watch what i ate ,and when i ate, I also exercised slowly then more and more.. i would walk to the supermarket and back , got all the right food that itself was a good cardiovascular workout, and the motivation went from then on.the key was i let myself get into that state but got out of it and anyone can do the same.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by g146541

if it were my child I would only keep healthy food in the house. She was kinda too big to leave so... I would also make the fridge unlock with a treadmill that had to be walked on for 30 minutes to pop the lock open with an automatic door closer and alarm system that monitored quantity of food removed from fridge every time it was opened lol

Great ideas however, it seems this thing could not get to the fridge to open it.

Fatty, fatty 2x4 comes to mind.
It would have never gotten this bad if the enabler just said no.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

I completely agree its all about getting out there and doing it. A child is going to make bad decisions and its up to a parent to help them along. Now an adult needs to make the decision to do it and shed the weight and that takes will power and the less you do the harder it gets. I was walking seven miles a day for a long time and in great shape. I stopped for a while and have gained some weight but have started the walking up again and every day it gets easier to do.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I could not agree more. Walking is a good exercise to start with.
Another thing to help the mind is getting yourself a hobby , it would help release the boredom too .
The parents have a lot to answer for as i take my son to football fishing karate whatever he likes i encourage him now he is motivated in doing things.

Places like mcdonalds burger king should be blown to kingdom come and also it does not help with alot of parents glued to social networking sites and take advantage of mcdonalds because they cannot be bothered to cook a decent meal as it takes up valuable chatting BS time to someone.
People are becoming lazy with their children and giving into them.. mum i want mcdonalds mum!!, ok son whatever you want son.. , just let me finish typing BS because i want to hear the latest gossip on my social networking site..lol.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by denver22

I completely agree its all about getting out there and doing it. A child is going to make bad decisions and its up to a parent to help them along. Now an adult needs to make the decision to do it and shed the weight and that takes will power and the less you do the harder it gets. I was walking seven miles a day for a long time and in great shape. I stopped for a while and have gained some weight but have started the walking up again and every day it gets easier to do.
Also the adult should lead by example and show the child some Authority , not chuck mcdonalds and call out pizzas in their direction. Give them healthy food from a young age find something healthy out there that he or she does like, and if they demand burger king mcdonalds or pizzas and they kick up a fuss then tough sh*t , us as parents should stay strong as you are not hurting them but protecting them in the long term future they will have..

As my mum or dad would say if you do not eat your dinner you will not get your pudding..
Another one was, if you cannot eat your dinner then you cannot be hungry for your pudding.
which installed a bit of old fashioned grit our way when we were kids.
Now parents just feed them whatever they can be bothered to while little mary anne gets bigger than a double decker bus, and little jimmy gets so big that he cannot see his ****. My two pounds worth lol..

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There is an interesting documentary on HBO currently called Weight Of The Nation. The weight problems the USA has, has many peices to it, from the make up of our bodies to the commodities market which controls what we buy at the grocery store. I do not know the deails of this poor teenager but it is wrong to say quit eating so much.....when the foods that are advertised to her are full of fat calories. We do need to take responsibility for ourselves, but dont blame a child.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
The only reason people get fat is because they eat low quality, processed foods.

Fix the food industry, solve fattening americans. You can't blame people for their ignorance when the true cause of their sickness comes not only from their poor choice of food, but the diminishing quality of food available as well.

That's nice, did you bother reading to see this was not in america, but Britain. Thanks for playing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Look around at all the obese people, are we really saying that all of them are too stupid to control their diet/exercise ?

Unless there's a physiological disorder where exceptions can be made, then yes. If there isn't, then the problem is psychological, which requires no medicalization. Everyone operates on the same laws of physics.

Frankly, I don't even have a problem with someone weighing 700 pounds-- stupid? It's not smart. Unhealthy? It's not healthy. My business? No.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's all about calories not the kind of calories. Too much fat or too many carbs, it doesn't matter.

I got sick and went over 260+ pounds and went back down to 150 in a year. It was all about the amount of food I ate, not which kind of food I ate... well that and excercise.

If all you eat is a big mac a day you won't gain weight. If you eat a big mac, super size fries and cola twice a day then you're asking for trouble.

Exercise also promotes muscle gain and muscles = more calories burned. When people complain that they have their "slow metabolism" is to blame for their weight gain I always tell them to tone up. The more muscles you have the more calories you'll burn doing absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the house

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've switched to a primal lifestyle and have been maintaining it for almost 37 days. I've lost 12 lbs after hitting a plateu in February. I haven't been this weight since my sophomore year of high school. It is the type of foods that we are putting into our bodies, not necessarily the quantity (one will be full far before they can eat enough veg and fruit to gain weight). Cut out all refined and processed foods, wheat products, and sodas, and start thinking like our cavemen ancestors. Wheat= fat. Our ancestors didn't eat it until the agricultural revolution, and they stayed slim and trim because they walked everywhere and were doing physical labor all day.

I'm gaining muscle and burning fat by doing 2.5 hours of walking a week. That's really easy if you think about it. I weight lift every 2 days and I feel so much better. Sugar is our enemy. Our bodies were made to consume fat as fuel, as well as plant carbs from fruits and veg. The problem is our addiction to sugar, not fat.

Anyway, this girl has no excuse for getting this heavy. I see stories like this and I'm glad that I haven't reached that point, nor will I ever. 276-224 in a year was a huge jump for me, and I hope to be around 180 with some good lean muscle by the end of the year.

This girl and her family need some serious help, and the food companies need to stop producing crap. Not to mention the "food pyramid" is a joke. But that's another topic for another day.

-TS
edit on 27-5-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join