It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING ILLUSION!!! Is this how celebrities REALLY look???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

Originally posted by Nightchild
Wouldn't be the least surprised if someone will use this as "proof" for Reptilians.
Clearly disguised Repilians can be identified by observing them only from the corners of the eye where the frequencey of their hologramdevices do not reach. Or something.
sad but indeed true.

Aha but that is a fallacious proposition, although I do realize it was made sarcastically in jest.

How could such frequency angle issues have any effect on a 2 dimensional photograph? Doesn't seem possible unless somehow all photographs have hologram devices implanted within them, which they obviously don't.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
it received 2nd place in the best illusions of the year in 2012,.... mbthompson.com...

Like many interesting scientific discoveries, this one was an accident. Sean Murphy, an undergraduate student, was working alone in the lab on a set of faces for one of his experiments. He aligned a set of faces at the eyes and started to skim through them. After a few seconds, he noticed that some of the faces began to appear highly deformed and grotesque. He looked at the especially ugly faces individually, but each of them appeared normal or even attractive. We called it the “Flashed Face Distortion Effect” and wanted to share it with the world, so we put it on YouTube.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Interesting video, some of them did look really odd I don't know what looking at the ross had to do with except to maybe distract you from looking directly at the pictures. But you're right was fun and different video, thanks for sharing it with us.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Everyone should know that this works for ANY human faces.

I've seen it done only with female models and the same thing happens, it's not photoshop trickery or that these people have had plastic surgery (although I'm sure a lot have)

It's just an optical illusion like any other.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
S&F
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing, I'll be sharing it as well

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well, another bug in brain code discovered. God is working on a patch.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
you dummy, this works with anybody...google it son!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

I watched it once and I can see what is happening, but I can't understand why it is..

My brain was putting all the features of both faces on top of each other, and then blending. The white guy didn't turn black in that one comparison, but he got the cheeks and chin of the black guy, and the black guy got the other's nose. Basically both images look almost the same...

I wonder why my brain does that, it was weird, if you look away from the cross at the right moment you can hold the altered image for about a second. Do that and you will notice what I have. Their face will melt back, but just before that happens you will see the opposite image's features on there.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
haha funny. I found it hard to not look at the faces so I had to start again a couple of times

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join