It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wh@ is the Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I had to post this, I found it out of boredom and just cannot help but to think there was a time where people did not know what an @ sign was... Thought that the internet worked like a mailbox or something, it just really made my day a good one.

Cheers ATS, take a break from all the arguments, be glad we have such a gathering place on these somewhat capturing world wide webs...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Is the internet a living organism, fueled by individuals working as a collective?

Nice video, though. If the internet was "big" back when they couldn't pronounce web addresses, and when they say things like "what is the internet, anyway?" what is it now?
edit on 25-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Now, it is a mess... It is a galaxy policed by defenders of the anti-freedom.

But it's also an addiction thank goodness

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've seen this video before and it is classic. I can identify with those people because I was around when computers were something only businesses could afford and most people had never even heard of internet..

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

That sounds like what it is going to be in about 10 years or less... oh the good old days of freedom.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

The really interesting part about it all is that the internet was actually invented in the late 60s hahaha

new topics

top topics

join