It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Fad for the Media: Advocating Truth and Fact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I will make this short.

Has the media always been so... outspoken versus bias and trivialities? Ok let me explain a little deeper... I have been actively watching the news now for about probably 8 months (at least 7.9 months ago I began hating the media). I continue watching today for two real reasons, know your enemy and see if Ron Paul actually gets air time... Basically I flip between CNN and FOX and just watch until I get sick, then go to the other one. Each channel stays on no longer than 5 minutes, then I puke, hit something, and turn off the tv.

ANYWAYS, lately I have noticed something very strange that I have never seen in the news. Honestly at first I was hopeful, but here we are probably two weeks later and I am just more depressed. The news has been mentioning that the media is so unfair and that media should not be biased and that agendas in media ruin information (yeah I know, weird ESPECIALLY coming from FOX and CNN-- Yet BOTH actively have been bringing this up). Then, to top it all off I also see this vocal activism in politics with these nonsensical shows talk about how no one ever brings up the issues and mud-slinging ruins voter perception... all this stuff that honestly frustrates me more and more every time I see it because these newscasts say that and then immediately follow by mudslinging and talking about more social issue crap...

Well I am just confused... I thought the media just always pretended to talk about important stuff (and then most obviously did not of course). Now I see all these avocations against the things we all hate with MSM and it bruises my imagination. Yet of course, like I said, the MSM is being hypocritical because they say one thing and then immediately follow suit towards what we all know them to be but... well anyway... am I the only one to notice this? Has the news been doing this since the beginning of time and I missed it? If they are just now starting this hypocrisy, what are the ulterior motives?
edit on 24-5-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

They are not being critical od MSM as a whole. They are being critical of each other to create talking points. Hannity has the jerk on from the Media Research Centre and they go on and on about MSNBC and liberal media bias. Then you get liberals like Jon Stewart going on about how Fox has conservative media bias. Its all bs. They are all liars and actors distracting us.

MSM is comedy. Only it isnt funny at all. Its in very poor taste.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You are supposed to be confused. That is the intention.

It is very much like the TV preacher that gets caught with a hooker. He does his rant about how sorry he is and promises with God's help never to do it again.

This gets replayed time and time again. They still exist.

The media have very good psyops people, all highly qualified. Their job if to fix perceptions. The number of people watching these shows continues to diminish. What you are seeing is damage control!

P

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Yeah but also, both the daily show and CNNs Erin Burnett have brought on authors from books to talk about media bias, not directing it at anyone at the time... Can't remember who it was for John Stewart, but it was Dan Rathers for CNN. It is just odd, the timing of it all is so... well it seems planned and I want to know why, why now?

But yeah, Hannity is the worst, always giving tears when the left targets the right and blah blah blah. He blames it on bias then comes back with the same crap I know...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Seems about right, since the new NDAA has this in it.

Be prepared to puke till you have nothing left inside you...and take out more insurance on your crap- you'll be hitting it even more often!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Still though, I almost wonder as if they know that people see through their dumb pretended-news act and if they are trying not for damage control per se but instead for some type of empty attempt at reparation? I do not know... I never take them seriously, but like I said in a previous post, the timing of it from multiple networks seems impeccable.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Yeah but also, both the daily show and CNNs Erin Burnett have brought on authors from books to talk about media bias, not directing it at anyone at the time... Can't remember who it was for John Stewart, but it was Dan Rathers for CNN. It is just odd, the timing of it all is so... well it seems planned and I want to know why, why now?

But yeah, Hannity is the worst, always giving tears when the left targets the right and blah blah blah. He blames it on bias then comes back with the same crap I know...

I guess its just them throwing a bone to make themselves look less guilty. Im surprised most of them are able to keep a straight face with some of the crap they spit out. I think they know that the public are onto them as well.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Wow. Before is was just accepted, but now it seems to be even promoted. Who would have guessed that free speech would have turned into this? The framers would be so proud...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yeah I thought of that too, it just being a ratings thing. CNN's ratings went down for every show last month, to a low they have never seen. Yeah it is great though, they literally went from saying "the news should be here to report the issues" and then talked about some drunk guy who had a zebra and parrot in his car or whatever, I mean

top topics

join