It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I get a text from FEMA today...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Yes, every week. as a 1st FEMA Responder.

Its called "DISASTER PREPARDNESS" A good thing.

And you signed UP for it!!

If THAT one scared you...wait till you get the ones on Chemical and Biological Preps. It is what its suppoesed to be. Information on preparing.

The question is, why did EyesWideShut get the text and others did not? Why now? I don't pretend to understand their system and frankly, because it's the government, I don't give them much credit for being consistent.

ESV

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Nope, I didn't receive any FEMA messages.

yuh, plus I have 0 rations. They're on there own.

That is funny.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You do know that FEMA (etc) will take all of your stuff if the crap were to hit the fan...right? You can't let any one know what you've saved. I know I won't.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Well it sounds like they warned the right guy. Lucky for your neighbors that they have you around.

coughBlock Captaincough.

One tip though, when counseling neighbors to stock up, you may want to play it off like you think it's a good idea, but, you haven't gotten around to it yet. I've got my whole, disheveled hungry look down pat now. I don't want folks looking at me and thinking; "Hey, how come he looks so full and clean while we're barely surviving? Let's go get his stuff!!"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about this.

I am not signed up with any such thing.

But, I do get stuff from FEMA through the plain old US Mail all the time. I know why too ~

Because I live in a flood plain and am close to a large body of water. That often floods.

FEMA mails me stuff all the time. Makes sense to me (due to location) and doesn't scare me at all. It's always flood related stuff.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I think sometimes, can you really trust your own neighbour without them trying to rob you for your water and ramen?

You should be able to trust a true nieghbor, not the "guy next store" or "down the block" or "that dude that just moved into the Smith house" and be smart enough and well aquaintented enough with both to know the difference

Let me say, everyone on my block knows me well. What they think of me, I'm sure, varies from person to person from "the best guy around who will never hesitate to help you however he can" to "that nut with all the guns, old truck and yard full of wildflowers"
And based on that I know who I can trust

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Maybe FEMA wanted to send it out to everyone that signed up but is having issues. As I recall we were supposed to have a nationwide Emergency Broadcast last year and that failed miserably.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is strange and ironic.

One arm of government suggests being prepared for a disaster....food, blankets, water, generators

And another arm of government warns police to keep a wary eye on citizens who have
prepared for disaster....as they might be domestic terrorists....

Like that scene in the movie where Jack Palance...tells the guy to pick up the gun....so he can shoot him

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Self reliance is the only way to go. I won't ever go to a FEMA camp.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The FEMA madness propagated by people like that phony Alex Jones will be interesting to watch. First people scream when FEMA was not ready for Katrina; then when they do something about it they are accused of anything a paranoid delusional can dream up.

They are very popular here where we average five declared emergencies per year. All they do is help people in times of need. Rational people approve of that and are thankful for it.

The fictional facility to detain citizens when they round us all up and kill us of course does not exist. The location they claim is visible from the air and from a train. There is only one set of tracks going that way and nothing along it is hidden and the airspace is open. Tens of thousands of tourists fly over it each season on sightseeing flights. You bring that up and they invent one somewhere else to lie about. Amazing.

You forgot to mention the red and blue dots on our mailboxes that signifies who will live and who will get shot in the head.....and the Wal-Marts that are ready to be converted into concentration camps at the drop of a hat with watchtowers in their parking lots where snipers are gonna pick us off if we try to escape.

So I guess we should expect to see these threads weekly on ATS from those who sign up for these FEMA emails?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I hardly ever post in this forum, but you've authored a great thread in my opinion.
Helping out your community

You're the man!
If there was one of you in every street, we've got more than a chance of riding the hell storm, if it comes.
Great stuff mate. You should be proud of yourself.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

And another arm of government warns police to keep a wary eye on citizens who have

Is that an opinion, or do you have a source to cause you to believe that? (Don't blast me, I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely trying to learn here!)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think it's no big deal that you got it and others didn't. I do think it is a good idea in theory, I wish I knew my neighbors a little better, but we all just keep to ourselves. I think I am okay with that, too. It seems that disasters always bring people together anyway, so there'll be plenty of time for coordinating when/if an emergency occurs. During the last big hurricane, it was kind of neat to see the whole neighborhood outside working together to clear away debris, helping one another.

PS. Sorry for two posts one after another, It didn't occur to be to make it just one, since I was addressing two different topics.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MojaveBurning

Originally posted by rival

Is that an opinion, or do you have a source to cause you to believe that? (Don't blast me, I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely trying to learn here!)

That's not an opinion.

It is part of what was sent out to local/state law enforcement by feds. I saved it somewhere but other indicators (according to feds) of being a domestic terrorist are anti-abortion or pro-Ron Paul bumper stickers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join