It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap Labor or Disposable Slaves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.winknews.com... /Lawsuit-alleges-toxic-exposure-at-prison-in-Fla

Story about guards and workers suing prison system, how about the inmates doing the work?

The Federal Bureau of Prisons in 1994 began using low-paid inmate labor to recycle computers and other electronic gear to extract gold and other valuable materials at Marianna, about 60 miles west of Tallahassee. Three years later, the bureau began expanding the program to other facilities in New Jersey, Kansas, California, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Texas and Ohio.

"We absolutely know that they knew they were poisoning these people," she said. That includes current and former inmates. They aren't included in the lawsuits because federal law imposes stricter legal requirements on prisoners, the lawyers say. They first must go through a multistep grievance process and the law limits lawyer fees and awards.

edit on 23-5-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

I remember the outrage in a documentary of how bad it was in China at places like this, I just don't understand I guess !

I posted this first in off topic forum and no one read it, I am re-posting in hopes that it wasn't because no one cares.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Its interesting that the Prison system almost gets no PLAY on ATS but this post is on point.

How many Billions are put into this system, not counting the Cheap Labor/Disposable Slaves that now extract Gold?? I remember when Prisoners making License Plates was the big problem.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

fixed link

Yeah its pretty bad, the inmates are used as a labour force working for nothing. It's even worse when they do that and then poison them too.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Slavery has been the backbone of our economy for sometime.

top topics

join