It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know What's Your Daemon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I dunno if some of you folks have read the Golden Compass's trilogy, but anyway, Phillip Pullman added a good deal of quantum theories and multiverses concepts in it. Some details, though, are a bit more imaginative, and he invented the concepts of ''daemons'', which are a bit like someone's subconscious or darker half. In the book, the daemons are actually physical entities which usually looks like animals. Maybe Phillip was inspired by the native american's concept of totems...

Anyway, as me and my sister are Golden Compass fans, we found a site which actually lets you find out what would be your daemon! And to my surprise, the test is VERY accurate.

Just click on the link and have fun! For now I won't say what's mine...

www.helloquizzy.com...

What's your feedback after taking the test?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Siberian Tiger....seems a good fit.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wow, congrats! What's the difference with normal tigers??

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I think Siberian Tigers are bigger? Gotta go google...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've thought about what my animal form/connection would be for a few years now... it's taken me down a very interesting path, and I've looked at just about every type of animal/insect out there and learned a ton about them, and myself. Before I took this quiz, I felt pretty comfortable narrowing it down to some sort of ungulate; maybe more specifically a guanaco. This test was pretty consistent with that; suggesting a white tailed deer. (or rat) The category it gave me was 'shy friendly soul', very accurate. I liked this test a lot more than others like this, due to the high number of questions. Thanks OP!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by irontoad30

Ah, my sister would deserve the credit better than me, for she's the one to find the test.

I also did the same thing, narrowing it to some bird, only to find out that the test's result was almost exactly the bird I was thinking of! At first I tought, ah, the test will only give a cat or a weasel, but after I saw the result I was really surprised.

edit on 18-5-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Was your animal a swan then, or something similar?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The results are pretty accurate. Its "Quiet Loner Soul" and suggested form is Lizard. Came up with a nice lizard pic.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I agree. These results are pretty accurate. I was given the choice to choose between a Cheetah, a Wolf, or a Raven. All three animals I identify with. "Calm and Thoughtful Soul."

edit on 18-5-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
open solitary soul

You are a caring and introverted personality. You need a lot of personal space, and you find dealing with strange people and new situations to be stressful and tiring. You need to relax with time to yourself in order to recharge after a highly social day. Despite your dislike of loud noises and big crowds, however, you are not shy. You have a good sense of your own self worth, and you are not afraid to be yourself.

You tend to wear your heart on your sleeve, and you are open and honest. Deception does not come easily to you. You have nothing to hide, and you are not afraid to tell people your opinions or express your feelings. This does not mean, however, that you tend to fly off the handle. Your own belief in yourself helps numb some of the wounds that are inflicted by cruel or thoughtless people. When they do hurt you, though, you can't help but show it.

Your daemon's form would represent your introverted nature, your expressiveness, and your strong sense of self. He or she would probably take an active interest in the world around you, and would have a lot to say.

Suggested forms: Panda, Arctic Fox, Domestic Cat, Wood Thrush, Spitz dog

Source

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

That was one of the most interesting quizzes I took online. But I don't think it chose the right animal for me, I do not feel like a badger, jackal or a black bear.

This is what I got.

Curmudgeonly Soul: Which I suppose kind of fits in some ways but not at all in other ways.

You are an independent, confident person. You march to the beat of your own drum, and if other people don't like it, they can go f*** themselves. You don't really care what they think, or at least you THINK that you don't care. You believe that people should live and let live.

You are an introverted soul, disliking the crowds of morons and idiots that you find at big parties or clubs. You prefer to be on your own, or with a couple close friends. When you are forced to be social, you get tired quickly. You need to curl up with a good book or spend a night on the computer to recharge.

You have a strong sense of self, and it doesn't bother you much when people criticize you, especially strangers. You care more about what your family thinks, but probably not enough to change yourself for them. In any case, your loved ones know that under that gruff, aggressive exterior there is a caring friend. Your daemon's form would represent your confident, occasionally aggressive and solitary nature, but might betray your softer underbelly. He or she would probably help you make fun of the idiots around you, but would also provide the comfort and affection that you sometimes deny yourself in everyday life.

Form suggestions: Badger, Jackal, Black Bear.

That site is actually pretty cool its got a whole bunch of other quizzes/tests, I will probably be checking those out some other time. Its going in the bookmarks.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

No, my name is John Swan. That's why there is a swan in my avatar.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

The lizard is cool. They support intense weather, but they are (usually) very peaceful.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Toughfull soul is something not alot have. Congrats!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Reading the text I though it would be a lone wolf, but then at the end I saw that it was a panda.

Congrats.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Hm, interresting.

I heard the badger is a pretty strong animal, able to survive anything. As a matter of fact, the Wolverine is a sort of canadian badger.

As it says in Golden Compass, the daemon's form could sometimes be very surprising...

Luckily, I feel mine fits perfectly.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontoad30
reply to post by swan001

Was your animal a swan then, or something similar?

No, Swan is my name. John Swan.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Hm, interresting.

I heard the badger is a pretty strong animal, able to survive anything. As a matter of fact, the Wolverine is a sort of canadian badger.

When you put it that way, it does sound much cooler. Always wanted to be a wolverine, there just so freaking cool, plus one of my favorite super heroes is Wolverine.

Hey if you could have Wolverines powers but you can only chose one, the claws or the healing abilities. What would you choose?

After watching this vid, I am going for the healing factor.

I don't know about swans though, other then being white, long necked, all swany and swanky like. I don't think they got any cool super hero swan powers, unless its the power to make girls swoon, or so I heard somewhere so don't quote me on that.

So whats you animal Daemon bro Is it a crow or a nightingale or a heron or something?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I occasionally run an HTTP daemon and a MySQL daemon... no?

Distant Loner Soul

A confident and independent person, you are logical and probably very intelligent. Some people think you are a little cool and unemotional, just because you don't prattle on about your feelings all the time like some people do. Outbursts of either anger or joy are both rare for you: You try to keep yourself under control at all times. You tend to deflect any really personal questions with a joke, an overly-literal reply, or even an out-and-out lie. Your few friends and your family probably wish that they knew you better. You probably wish they would just leave you alone.

The thoughts and opinions of other people don't hold much sway over you. You don't spend time agonizing over other people's feelings, and you don't much care what people think about you. Sometimes your insensitivity can hurt people's feelings, but that's their problem. If someone didn't like you, you wouldn't lose much sleep over it. You march to the beat of your own drum, and if your friends and family think you can be a little odd... well, that's their issue.

You are an introverted person, disliking crowds and strangers. Some people might think that you are shy, but really, you simply find parties and crowds to be unpleasant and tiresome. You get exhausted quickly when you are forced into social situations, and you need some time to yourself to recharge afterwards. You don't like noise and chaos. You like to keep things calm and logical.

Your daemon would represent your cool, unruffled, solitary nature and would probably spend a lot of time comparing you favorably to the people around you, or helping you work out logically complex problems.

Suggested forms: Octopus, Manta Ray, Shark, Boa Constrictor, Komodo Dragon.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I would personally chose healing. I don't really care about adamantium claws, I wouldn't know what to do with them. Scratch my nose? Open tuna cans?

Well, my daemon is not a swan. You'll laugh. I think it fits me a lot, but you all will laugh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join