It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of the "Star of David" of Judaism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had a revelation about the Star of David. It has nothing to do with David at all. It's a symbol for the pagan gods Sikkuth and Kiyuun which were babylonian and canaanite gods...

Look at this scripture from Amos:

Amos 5: 25-27

25 “Did you offer Me sacrifices and offerings
In the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?
26 You also carried Sikkuth your king
And Chiun, your idols,
The star of your gods
Which you made for yourselves.
27 Therefore I will send you into captivity beyond Damascus,”
Says the Lord, whose name is the God of hosts.

This chapter mentions Judah being punished earlier on...what is the only "star" Judah has ever claimed? The Star of "David"! It's the symbol for Sikkuth and Kyuun.

Roman Catholic Church in Florence with the symbol of Sikkuth and Kiyuun on it.

It is no big secret that King Solomon fell to sorcery and corruption and built pagan shrines to Ba'al and Molech and Isis for his pagan wives for which God punished him by punishing his son and having the kingdom of Israel and Judah split, this was God's mercy on Solomon because of his love for the prophet-king David, for which the lost 10 tribes then stationed their capitol in Samaria before the Assyrian exile.

Here is a representation of one of the altars to Molech Solomon built. The very "seal" on the ring Solomon used to conjure and control demons with, is the "Seal of Solomon" that modern day jews claim is the "Star of David" or "David's Shield" although biblical scholars can tell you that David's shield was never the accursed hexagram.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Very interesting. I remember seeing this video on the subject a few months ago. I am also reminded of the Bohemian Grove and the fact that our Masonic leaders around the world attend this ceremony to honor Moloch. Know the truth and the truth will set you free. Notice that the churches displaying this sign are either Catholic or part of the house of Zion. Zion would represent the "Experts" in the law mentioned by Christ. The Masons are the builders who rejected the chief cornerstone. Zion represents the moneychangers. Together, they are in league with Peter (False Church / Priests).

edit on 17-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Keep in mind that the larger context of Amos 5 is a message to the generation that sees the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord

18 Woe to you who long
for the day of the Lord!
Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
That day will be darkness, not light.
19 It will be as though a man fled from a lion
only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
and rested his hand on the wall
only to have a snake bite him.
20 Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

WE KNOW THAT THE RIGHTEOUS WILL ENTER A SABBATH REST ON THIS DAY. THOSE WHO PLACE THEMSELVES IN CHRIST WILL ENTER THIS REST. CHRIST IS THAT DAY OF REST.

21 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
your assemblies are a stench to me.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!

25 “Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
26 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
the pedestal of your idols,
the star of your god—
which you made for yourselves.
27 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,”
says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Contrary to popular belief (and Hollywood), the "star of David" (also sometimes called "the shield of Solomon") does not go back to Biblical times.

It actually has its start in the middle ages, when Christian and Muslim rulers required Jews to wear a demeaning emblem on their clothing. The emblem differed from place to place; for example, in some it was a sort of bull's eye, in others a circle, etc. The 6-pointed star, evidently picked from an assortment of alchemical or astrological symbols - the more to degrade Judaism by associating it with some sort of sorcery - was in use in (according to some) Prague and Venice in the 15th century, and it appears that Jews simply adopted it as their own emblem, much as the Quakers adopted that name from an unflattering comment of one of their enemies.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm glad to see someone comprehends,just who Peter was and is, in the scheme of things.Not many do.Well done.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

For starters, I fail to see where you have demonstrated that your revelation has anything to do with the "Origins" of the star of David or what it was intended to represent. Sorry to disappoint you, but I really believe that the origins and true meaning of star of David actually has much more significance than it receives in most of the world's known religious texts, and not just for the jewish people but for humanity as a whole.

The star of David is in reality, one of many ancient symbols that has a direct correlation to what many would call "sacred geometry." Understanding this "sacred geometry" plays a very key role in our understanding of creation and universal laws of physics from the quantum level to the most infinite levels of existence.

For example; The star of David may even actually be a geometric representation of the biblical quote of; "your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." When viewed 3 dimensionally, you'll discover, that the star of David is actually two tetrahedrons displayed inside of a sphere. In geometry, the tetrahedron represents the shape which contains the least possible amount of total volume in a geometric figure and the sphere is a representation of the geometric shape which contains the largest possible volume. So, it could be interpreted to mean and/or represent the idea that all things are one in the same, from the smallest to the largest or "on earth as it is in heaven."

It also has a direct correlation to another ancient religious symbol that the Egyptians called the "Flower of Life." This can be seen when the fractal, that is the Star of David, is continued or repeated (which is the nature of fractals) into infinity. It's right there in front of our faces yet we somehow failed to recognize it's true significance throughout history.

There was a time when I'm not sure that I even believed in the existence of sacred geometry but my views were dramatically changed when I began listening to the lectures being given by Nassim Haramein on this very subject. As I listened, a whole new understanding of this phenomena began to emerge.

It was a lecture that Nassim Haramein gave in 2003 at the Rogue Valley Metaphysical Library & Event Center in Ashland, Oregon that first captured my attention and if you're so inclined to view this material, I'm sure it will impact your own interpretation of ancient religious symbols just as it did mine. While I must warn you that the lecture is quite lengthy, It can be viewed here; (I might also add that some basic understanding of the concept of quantum physics will aid you greatly in understanding the information offered in the lecture.)

Enjoy;

edit on 17-5-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here are some other things to consider when contemplating the true meaning of the star of David;

First, I believe that the star of David, (which we are used to viewing as a 2 dimensional image) is in reality, a representation that should actually be viewed as 3 dimensional. This is precisely why the 2 tetrahedrons appear to be interlocked as opposed to overlaid within the "sphere" which itself, is usually viewed as a 2 dimensional circle.

Another curious item that jumps out of this image is the hexagon depicted in the center, or what could be considered the "pole" of the sphere, much like our own north & south poles here on our own planet. You may remember this image of Saturn's north pole. Both Voyager & Cassini captured similar images of this polar hexagon phenomena during their respective fly-bys.

One more item of interest that I believe should be taken into consideration when viewing this image in 3 dimensions is the fact that, when 2 inverted tetrahedrons are placed inside of a sphere, (as depicted by the star of David) their bases will come in contact with the sides of the sphere at approximately 19.5 degrees N. & S. latitude. This is precisely the region where all planets' natural energy releases take place. It's the same region on Jupiter where we observe the big storm, it's the same region of the sun that produces the most intense sunspots and it's the same region here on earth where most hurricanes and/or typhoons originate.

Just seems like a little more than coincidence to me. I really believe that the star of David has much deeper implications, with respect to true the nature of the universe, than most people realize. All I can say is that there is a lot to be seen within this image. By the way, in case you're wondering, I'm not Jewish.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Keep in mind that the larger context of Amos 5 is a message to the generation that sees the Day of the Lord.

Yeah i am aware of that, that part of scripture didn't pass by me unnoticed. It's definately referring to the jews of today. So they've been sporting that damned thing for 3.5k years and the modern jews actually believe it originates with David...

According to some lore That star is actually a "devil's trap" and thought to be the pattern of a particular footprint of a demon called a trud. This ofcourse goes way back to after Solomon was corrupted and fell to sorcery and Babylonian magic.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

after Solomon was corrupted and fell to sorcery and Babylonian magic.

And what did GOD say he would done/done,, for doing such a thing?

Anyone??

P.s
name the women who thought she was able too outsmart GOD.

And what Scenario,,
Soloman the wisest man ever created by GOD,and GOD,Himself,,tag team,,

and take on,,,, ( - ) and ( . )

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Its just a symbol.... which over time came to be representative of Judaism.

Also "the star of David" is in no way unique...
Look up the Hindu Shatkona and the Japanese Kagome crest. These symbols are IDENTICAL to the star of David.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Its just a symbol.... which over time came to be representative of Judaism.

Also "the star of David" is in no way unique...
Look up the Hindu Shatkona and the Japanese Kagome crest. These symbols are IDENTICAL to the star of David.

Anyone who takes the time to watch the Nassim Haramein lecture that I linked in my previous post in this thread, knows that it's really much more than "just a symbol."

On the other hand, I completely agree that it's is no way unique and it's origins are far older than Judaism.

It's not at all unique because of the fact that what it represents is a universal law of nature who's properties can be witnessed all around us in everything we see, from the smallest quantum particles to the largest suns and planets.

If I remember correctly, even old Richard Hoagland spoke of this "universal effect" in spinning orbs, (from atoms to suns and beyond) back when he introduced what he called "hyperdimensional physics" some 20+ yrs. ago in his briefing to NASA on the findings from the early Mars Cydonia photos.

While I am well aware of the numerous Hoagland haters out there who will swear up and down that everything he says is a lie, I not as convinced as they are. I feel the same way when it comes to those who profess that the "Ancient Alien" theories are total garbage. Personally, I think they may just contain a little more truth than some are willing to accept.

Even though the Nassim Haramein lecture I linked is 7 hrs. long, (I watched it in 2 hr. segments) it's well worth viewing. He will explain why I originally stated that the star of David is a representation of "sacred geometry" that I believe was revealed to mankind long before Judaism. Nassim will demonstrate how it represents the beginning of the universal fractal that can be witnessed in every living thing around us, from the human embryo to a head of cauliflower and far beyond. It's implications are far reaching and it's presence is undeniable.

Flatfish

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Saturn has a hexagon pole(s).
Cult of saturnalia (ancient Babylon/modern holy Apostilic See)

The middle of the "star of David" forms a hexagon.

Saturn/"star of David"/Babylon/saturnalia etc...
It all relates.

Great find! Thanks for sharing!

S&F....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
Saturn has a hexagon pole(s).
Cult of saturnalia (ancient Babylon/modern holy Apostilic See)

The middle of the "star of David" forms a hexagon.

Saturn/"star of David"/Babylon/saturnalia etc...
It all relates.

Great find! Thanks for sharing!

S&F....

Yes it does all relate and the points of the hexagram also form a hexagon if you draw a line between each point, so it's a hexagon within a hexagon and can go on infinitely, like peering through the mirror in front of you, to look through the mirror behind you and it will create a corridor that goes on for eternity.
edit on 18-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Saturn is the "ruling" planet. The cult of saturnalia worshiped Saturn greatly because all the obelisks point to Saturn.
Saturn stays locked into position, while everything else in the sky rotates around Saturn.

Saturnalian cult members viewed this as Saturn as the "center of the universe.

Look @ the current popes red saturnalia hat. (the red one with the ringed brim)

The center hexagon/hexagram is infinite. I do believe it is a "portal" so to say.
(atleast in ritual ceremonies)

Same thing with mirrors, entities are claimed to appear at 90 degree angles in mirrors.

Fibanacci sequence is infinite also. Interesting that BOTH saturnalians & Fibonacci hail from the
Holy apostolic See? Just coincidence?....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils

Saturn is the "ruling" planet. The cult of saturnalia worshiped Saturn greatly because all the obelisks point to Saturn.
Saturn stays locked into position, while everything else in the sky rotates around Saturn.

Saturnalian cult members viewed this as Saturn as the "center of the universe.

Look @ the current popes red saturnalia hat. (the red one with the ringed brim)

The center hexagon/hexagram is infinite. I do believe it is a "portal" so to say.
(atleast in ritual ceremonies)

Same thing with mirrors, entities are claimed to appear at 90 degree angles in mirrors.

Fibanacci sequence is infinite also. Interesting that BOTH saturnalians & Fibonacci hail from the
Holy apostolic See? Just coincidence?....

Which church is the holy apostalic church? I hardly doubt it's coincidence. In my faith there's no such thing as coincidence. Whoever...whatever orchestrated all this went to an awful lot of trouble to conceal it from prying eyes. This makes me wonder that if all the pagan obelisks on earth are pointing at Saturn and theres a hexagon/hexagram on Saturn with 666 encoded within...could it be that Saturn is a prison for something unholy that is locked up there? Could Saturn be it's prison? Could this be why the Vatican has observatories locked on Saturn and points in space?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Which church is the holy apostalic church? I hardly doubt it's coincidence. In my faith there's no such thing as coincidence. Whoever...whatever orchestrated all this went to an awful lot of trouble to conceal it from prying eyes. This makes me wonder that if all the pagan obelisks on earth are pointing at Saturn and theres a hexagon/hexagram on Saturn with 666 encoded within...could it be that Saturn is a prison for something unholy that is locked up there? Could Saturn be it's prison? Could this be why the Vatican has observatories locked on Saturn and points in space?

There are other possibilities with regards to Saturn that have nothing to do with so-called pagan beliefs, but that may actually explain some of these "coincidences," (for lack of a better word) in a much more positive light. May I suggest checking out the "Law of One" series, it can be read for free online here;

www.lawofone.info...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Hi again, Flatfish!

Thought you might like how the Star of David and the Om symbol came out in this mandala which I painted:
(The 'frame' is flat, it is painted to look 3 dimentional.)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Based on my own interpretation I would propose an additional meaning; I too believe that the Star of David represents two separate symbols or names. I feel that they are names, or representative of a name, through the use of a symbol because symbols are universal and not restricted to any given language. My interpretation is based upon a paranormal experience I had coupled with a mark upon my own forehead that lasted for two weeks.

It took several months to clearly understand, via outside personal validations and searching, so this is what I feel is the meaning of the Star of David, perhaps someone out there might agree as well.

One symbol is GOD and the other is Christ. The inverted triangle represents GOD and the upright triangle represents the "Son". Combined they represent the name of the city of "New Jerusalem", as well as the "new name" of Christ, which will both come down from the Heavens to earth.

Here are some passages in the Bible to consider when dealing with the name of GOD and the name of Christ:

REV 14:1, "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Si'-on, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand (144,000), having his Father's name written in their foreheads."

REV 22:4, "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in thier foreheads."

We all recognize and are aware that it is known that the AntiChrist will place a mark upon the forehead or the hand, the mark of the Beast, yet it is speculative as to what that mark might be. Of course, here in the physical world it would be easy to surmise that it is similar to the RFID chip or other such thing, perhaps even a vaccination marker or some other feature. It is interesting that both GOD and the Devil/AC will deploy such a process, but unlike the "Mark of the Beast", we are told that GOD's mark is his name.

We know that only the 144,000 or the 12 (out of 13) tribes of the "children of Israel", consisting of 12,000 individuals per unit, will receive this mark upon their foreheads; that is, based on Scripture that we should know this.

The list of names of the house of Jacob are found in Revelation 7:5-8; (listed in order although out of order for birth-placement, and two being from Jacob's son Joseph, taken on as "true" sons by declaration of Jacob himself) Judah, Reuben, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Manasseh, Simeon, Levi, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, and Benjamin.

Interestingly, when the meaning of the names of each tribe are combined it forms a phrase which denotes the actual prophesying of the Messiah's coming (considering this is from the OT I find this as quite profound). They read as:

1. Judah = "I will praise the Lord"

2. Reuben = "He has looked on me"

3. Gad = "Granted good fortune"

4. Asher = "Happy am I"

5. Naphtali = "My wrestling"

6. Manasseh = "Making me to forget"

7. Simeon = "God hears me"

8. Levi = "Joined to me"

9. Issachar = "Purchased Me"

10.Zebulun = "Dwelling"

11. Joseph = "God will add to me"

12. Benjamin = "Son of His right hand"

Reading all together as: "I will praise the Lord for He has looked on me and granted
good fortune. Happy am I because my wrestling God is making
me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me. He has
purchased me a dwelling. God will add to me the Son of His
right hand."

Of course this doesn't say that by adding the Son means by adding his name, this is my own interpretation because of other passages involved.

We know the 144,000 are the remnants of those tribes chosen (we are all remnants but we are not all without guile, nor are we all "not" defiled by women, nor are we all virgins as described in REV 14:4)

These individuals will receive the name of GOD upon their foreheads:

REV 7:2-4, "And I saw another angel ascending form the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, til we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."

It is the 144 who will be "lifted" through the "harpazo" or "Rapture", to be lifted and transformed for the final Battle between good and evil. Most Christians confuse this as part of the "multitude" (who also go to heaven), but they are misled, and likely will "fall-away" by way of their own misguidings and beliefs.

In closing, although I may be missing some details (this is my 2nd attempt at posting this), I want to add Christ's own words written in the last part of Revelation:

REV 22:16, "I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

We know that Venus is considered that star, and as well we know that Venus creates the "Star of David" through its travels around the Sun; the Hexagram.

Peace to all!

edit on 5/19/2012 by Greensage because: spelling error

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yikes, silly brain, it is not Venus that creates the Star of David as it moves through our Solar System (the process meaning every time it comes in proximty to earth during its yearly voyage), it is the planet Mercury!

So, this has posed quite a dillemma to me in that mainstream has always referred to Venus as the "morning star" and it has also been called the "evening star", and in Isaiah 14:12, Lucifer is called "morningstar" before his fall from Heaven.

However, I am a firm believer that the Heavens above us (our view of the Universe) is the physical representation of the Spiritual world, whereby the objects we view represent what is taking place in "Heaven". Since the Bible tells us that there is an actual war being fought in Heaven, it would be daring to say that Michael is represented as the planet Mercury. I say Michael, including his Army, as currently on Stellarium it shows us a peculiar occurrence right now.

Firstly, everyone will remember back in Sept/Oct there was an event, which coincided with Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year) where Virgo gave birth to Venus and Saturn was poised to devour the child. This was the physical representation of REV 12, the woman trevailing in birth.

Ironically, right now, coming up on Pentecost, May 27, we see that Venus is within the horns of Taurus in a retrograde fashion (meaning moving downward from our perspective) as Mercury is moving upward. They converge exactly on Pentecost which can be representative of the Archangel Michael and Lucifer just as Michael is about ready to cast Lucifer out of Heaven downward to the earth (along with his minion of angels). Mercury. that is, will "Stand up" above Venus after they merge in in our viewscape. Fascinating really; the window of the Spiritual above us, playing out as you will, the story that is portrayed in the Bible itself, the "Living Word".

At any rate, I do hope my confusion did not usher in anyone else's confusion when I said that Venus creates the Star of David in our Solar System, it is Mercury! I was definitely not focused while I was typing that!

Like I said, silly brain of mine! Sometimes it all melds together and as I look out upon our world (reality) I am often confused as I do find myself living in the Spirit realm more than I live in the Physical realm.

Blessings, forgive me if I detracted from the original thoughts regarding the Star of David. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen!

Perhaps this might be of interest as well; the "Isaiah Project", a process developed by aligning musical notes to the Torah (first 5 books of the Bible). Enjoy!

Here is a link and explanation, Isaiah Project

There are also several other videos associated with this youtube channel from Susan Grisanti; even some instructional music "how-to" videos.

Thanks for dealing with my ramblings!

new topics

top topics

join