It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD loses face and first Occupy Wall Street trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
RT News

the video showing police claims of disorderly conduct during an OWS protest to be completely untrue.

Alright. This is gonna be good. I think more court battles are going to ensue due to this. The thousands of hours of video that are going to be double checked here is going to be monumental. Hopefully they won't be swept under the rug. I for one can hardly wait to see the outcome. The fact that the guy who was on trial was there to help proove the cops were acting in a justified manner is priceless.
edit on 16-5-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Excellent find, it is about time the police are brought to trial, now if the punishment would only fit teh crime...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

I think you're absolutly right. Like I have always said, Since they are in a position of power, and the chances of corruption is high due to the said position of power, they should be held to a higher standard. Not a month off with with pay after beating someone to death.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The officers that testified under oath and lied which was proven by the video tape, what will happen to them?
I see perjury, falsifying reports, plus I'm sure many other things that MUST be illegal.
I'm sure these bad cops will get time off, then go back to what they were doing before.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Unfortunatly I think you might be right. Accoutability is dead and that's a damn shame.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The reporter (if he has the cojones) should lay out sworn complaints...they would have to do something then.....
If theres no official complaint signed and sealed by other than the department.....then the department wont persue charges.....
This crap gets carpeted all the time because theres nobody who complains , so they are not bound to do anything....therefore, they do nothing....
A civil suit may be in order for the slanderous statements by police as well....
When the camera shows the lies, then a conviction would be open /shut, so long as the matter gets persued...damages may be sought by the victim here, as well as his civil rights may be compromised by the emails and special notice they took of him.....
The potential is there for disciplinary charges at the very least...and civil suit for damages....even if the criminality gets overlooked....The city may well settle at the discovery stage ....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I dont know if system is even a system of Justice anymore - I will be paying close attention - hopefully, there is still some Judges who believe in American Values and the Law. but not many - I can assure of you of that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The reporter (if he has the cojones) should lay out sworn complaints...they would have to do something then.....
If theres no official complaint signed and sealed by other than the department.....then the department wont persue charges.....
This crap gets carpeted all the time because theres nobody who complains , so they are not bound to do anything....therefore, they do nothing....
A civil suit may be in order for the slanderous statements by police as well....
When the camera shows the lies, then a conviction would be open /shut, so long as the matter gets persued...damages may be sought by the victim here, as well as his civil rights may be compromised by the emails and special notice they took of him.....
The potential is there for disciplinary charges at the very least...and civil suit for damages....even if the criminality gets overlooked....The city may well settle at the discovery stage ....

I'm not kickin you but your statement makes no sense over here.
Say a woman gets the hell beat out of herself by her husband, she loves the hubby and doesn't want to press charges.
Here in Kalifornia and many of the states I know of, the county, city will press charges for the wife in question.
If the reporter does not press, the local city or county should press charges on these criminals.
Maybe the laws are not the same in NY, I truly dunno myself.
There is a clear cut case of illegal activity here, by the people that would be the frontline of the justice system.
There must be justice or else any time an officer is killed, the perp should be able to claim self defense.
We simply must have justice.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As with every Occupy related police screwup, they'll probably get paid leave and little else.

Hell, the cops that drugged Occupy Minnesota protestors (see here) are being investigated with only one officer so far being placed on leave.

new topics

top topics

join