It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Second Term Transformation Plans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I know I sound like a broken record (round shiny black things that old people used to listen to)

But Cloward-Piven is becoming a reality!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

True, but the charade only continues as long as the American people are willing to watch.

Its time for us to turn off the TV. Then they have no audience.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I have a feeling that his re-election plans don't include the American people. Why else would he be pandering to the gay vote.

Wait, people who are homosexual aren't Americans?

This absurd idea that only a select few are "real Americans" is divisive, and promoting it will only ensure an Obama re election. The fact is, people in this country no matter what their sexual or political orientation if they are citizens are "real Americans".

This singular disconnect, this totalitarian rationalization, this Nationalist ideology is why the GOP is going to send Romney instead of Ron Paul as their candidate to ultimately loose to Obama.

But let me digress to the topic at hand:

Obama, if re elected will be far more aggressive, not having to worry about a re election campaign, he will put his agenda into full swing. Far be it from me to agree with "the american thinker" (a conservative publication that is the biggest oxymoron since "military intelligence") But they have a point, although a misguided one, Obama re elected will be more aggressive, and you will see more convoluted bills come out of the democratic party.

Just remember folks, it's not only the Democrats who introduce legislation that is geared towards limiting freedom and the government seizing more power than it should, SOPA was introduced by Representative Lamar S. Smith (R-TX), It's a game of divide and conquer, one that we are loosing every time we play to these party politics games.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
From the article.....

The governmental structure of the United States was set up by the founders in the hope that over the years only those people of high moral character and integrity would assume the reins of power. However, knowing that was not always possible, they dispersed power over three distinct and independent branches as a check on each other.

What they could not imagine is the surrender and abdication of its constitutional duty by the preeminent governmental branch, the Congress, to a chief executive devoid of any character or integrity coupled with a judiciary essentially powerless to enforce the law when the chief executive ignores them

In a nutshell.

I had a dream two nights ago that I met with the Prez and told him "It's your job to uphold the Constitution". In the dream I was blindfolded when I told him this, and yet somehow I could see him through the blindfold.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't think between the choices we have it really matters who wins. Romney and Obama both are nothing more than puppets for the Bankers and Corporations. Congress and the Senate too to be honest. It's fascism we're looking at.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The power granted to HHS by Obamacare is disturbing.

Good article from 2010

Not satisfied with the colossal amounts of power that she would acquire under Obamacare if it isn't repealed, Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary Kathleen Sebelius has issued a 136-page "rule" that will now give her (and her subordinates) largely unchecked power to pass judgment on the prices of health insurance throughout the United States. Notwithstanding the fact that 43 states already regulate and approve health insurance premiums, Sebelius claims that we need an additional, more centralized, protection against insurers' unseemly 'profit motive.' But a far greater threat to the future of American republicanism is posed by the impulse that animates Sebelius and the bulk of the Obama administration: the power motive.

Who needs Congress with so much centralized authority??

It's staggering that one person would think that she should ultimately get to decide what a product, which Obamacare would soon require all Americans to purchase, should cost. Moreover, the Wall Street Journal writes that Sebelius's "rule" marks "an effort to end-run Congress, which by some miracle declined to give HHS the formal legal authority to explicitly block premium increases, despite a direct appeal from President Obama." Not having been granted that formal power, "Ms. Sebelius is creating by regulatory fiat larger de facto powers to achieve the same end."

So in addition to trillions in brand new spending streams we have

the politicizing of health care, the compromising of liberty, and the debilitating consolidation of power in the hands of the unelected few.

Catch that last part? "The debilitating consolidation of power in the hands of the unelected few!!!! They answer to no one!!

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You should really learn to research for yourself instead of taking someone else's opinion as fact just because it caters to your political ideology.

Just like the democrats did, this person is betting you won't bother to read the law, and so they don't have to nail down any real facts, but make assumptions and generalizations.

If they were honest reporters, they would give you a page number and line number so that you can check for yourself instead of just relying on their opinion for it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

At 2,700 pages and a mandate requiring people to purchase an insurance scheme no one needs to read the damned thing. It doesn't take nearly 3,000 pages to describe law, nor does it even take 1,000 or 100.

People don't need to read this legislation, simply ignore it. Non-acquiescence to tyranny is the best way to put an end to it. If we all go along to get along, then we get the government we deserve.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Apathy got us to this point, I am not sure that apathy is the solution to our problems.

People need to be educated, people need to be truthfully informed (sorry FOX News fans), people need to make up their own minds and not be led around like sheep.

I'm pretty sure that Obama is going to win a second term. Now that's a horrible thought to those that foam at the mouth and tear their hair out at the mention of his name, but, that's my prediction.

Paul doesn't have a chance (never did, and never will), and Romney just isn't popular enough with the conservative base. So that leaves Obama, and yes, when presidents get second terms, they do tend to get more aggressive, not having to worry about a re election.

What does that mean for America? Well, if your conservative and listen to Hannity/Limbaugh/OReilly, that means doom and destruction and hell on earth, if your liberal, that means having to put up with a lot more BS. I personally think that the GOP is shooting themselves in the foot (they will blame it on Obama though) and the people may get sick of the extremism coming from the GOP hard liners and they may end up loosing seats in the House because of it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It takes either disingenousness or denseness to extrapolate from my previous post that I was advocating apathy.

An educated mind should all ready know that legislation that runs more than a few pages long is dubious legislation at best. An indoctrinated mind might think they have an obligation to read 2,700 pages of legislation, but not an educated mind.

It matters not who wins this upcoming Presidential election. It matters not who is elected to Congress, and it really doesn't matter who is appointed to the Supreme Court, if people honestly believe they need a law degree in order to understand law then the crap rolling down the legislative pike will just keep rolling, like it always does, downhill.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh come on! I thought everybody wanted a gargantuan bureaucracy running the show? Welcome to the new politburo. The longer the bill the better, because it seems congress has an attention span of a two-year-old watching Sesame Street? I am not surprised in the slightest at the scope of the next Obama Presidency. Moreover, it is going to make the first term feel like a Swedish massage. Most of the tax increases are going occur in the second term, Obama healthcare is going to be up and running, expect spending increases, and I expect more wacky bills being jammed through.

There will be malaise and confusion in congress as we are seeing right now, and it will be business as usual. However, is Romney going to be any better if he gets the nod? He seems like a manikin to me, and will say what everyone wants to hear. A carbon copy politician. Very similar to the President we already have? At least I think so, but he calls himself a Republican? He is an outstanding panderer! "The Emperor has no clothes." Congress has got to get their acts together, because they are asleep at the wheel. How can anyone fault an executive for trying get done what they want when their is no opposition? It is human nature to strive for success in anything we do.

Congress is the first line of defense against a power giddy President. They have completely and utterly failed in their roles as a check and balance to the Executive Branch. Personally, I think we are singing to the choir. We all know were the buck stops, and that is congress. If they were doing their jobs we would not be in the precarious situation we find ourselves in. Both the Republican and Democrat legislators should be held accountable for dereliction of duty. If a President does not respect their authority and office? Then it is their responsibility to make that leader respect them. A good way of doing it is by sitting on their hands, and sending each and every one of those crap bills back to their desk. Call it a legislative "revolving door." Lets just see how dictatorial and totalitarian a leader will get under those circumstances? All I am saying is the President could not get done what he has without the bungling of congress. That is how I see it.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What does not scare me is Obama, but the guy who is coming after this four years...yikes. Bush 2000-2004 was bad; Bush 2004-2008 was worse; Obama 2008-12 was even worse; I am predicting 12-16 will be bad but what about even after that...

There is going to be a breaking point...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
What does not scare me is Obama, but the guy who is coming after this four years...yikes. Bush 2000-2004 was bad; Bush 2004-2008 was worse; Obama 2008-12 was even worse; I am predicting 12-16 will be bad but what about even after that...

There is going to be a breaking point...

I am tempted to agree with you. But it is CONGRESS that spends the money, submits and passes the laws. The presidents have played the noisey diversion in the front of the room while congress is chaining the exits and pouring the gasoline. All of the presidents only have signing in or veto pen power, that's it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Many good points here! The old saying that 'All politics are local' should ring true here folks. The more different monkeys we put in at the local and state level to throw their monkey wrenches into the mix, the less the Congresscritters can get away with. Incumbency is our biggest enemy here and always has been. Entrenched morons (and they become that way for a reason) are our plague and we need to excise this plague forthwith!

Zindo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join