It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your theory on bad behavior and the corporate feeding frenzy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've worked for a "Big Evil" corporation in the US for nearly two decades. Lately, it seems that, while many good employees have been laid off and/or their jobs "offshored," many of the ones who remain -- especially in middle management -- are the vilest, most deceitful, manipulative people you'd never want to work with. In the last six months, I observed rampant bullying, sexual harrassment, discrimination and outright lying.

It never used to be the norm. You'd run across the occasional difficult person, but most people were decent, well-behaved colleagues.

It's not just my industry (hi tech) either. I know friends who manage large non-profits and work for other big US firms in all markets who recently related horror stories of mid- to top-level managers doing the most despicable things and getting away with it.

My theory: It actually is the cream of the wicked crop who manage to hold onto many of the remaining jobs these days because they have no character, and they're willing to hurt anyone.

Do you agree? If so, do you think there might be a point at which the sharks will begin feeding on each other? I want to get out of the water, first.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

The even handed balance has tipped and taken on the mentality of our Gubbment. It's dog eat dog, survival of the fittest, fittest meaning selfish. It's grab mine while the grabbing's good, cuz who knows if the dwindling pile will be gone next week.

I hate it. It promotes lying, cheating, bullying, and down right destroying anyone or anything that gets in one's way.

Nice is a thing of the past. I see it in kindergarten children these days. People are regressing, not progressing.

I'm so sorry your work environment has become so cut throat...it's a real shame. Makes it harder to go to work each day.

Des

edit on 14-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hey, thank you, Des.

This mentality reminds me of the raw, money-grubbing 80's era except that it has a more sinister, underlying connotation. It's no longer, "He who dies with the most toys wins." Now, it seems like, "He who takes your toys [and food, and everything else] and leaves you to die, wins."

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
reply to post by Destinyone

Hey, thank you, Des.

This mentality reminds me of the raw, money-grubbing 80's era except that it has a more sinister, underlying connotation. It's no longer, "He who dies with the most toys wins." Now, it seems like, "He who takes your toys [and food, and everything else] and leaves you to die, wins."

You got that right Grace. It's a survivalist's mentality. The scary kind that leaves the loser broken, emotionally, spiritually and physically. There will come a time, I predict, the broken will band together, and it won't be a pretty sight.

This type of societal behavior leads to civil unrest.

Des

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I am saddened to say that I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head.

new topics

top topics

join