It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-presidents still sucking down millions in tax dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Ex-presidents still sucking down millions in tax dollars

There's just no getting rid of these guys. According to a budget proposal document from the General Services Administration, President George W. Bush is the most costly former commander-in-chief alive. He's asked for a comfy $1.3 million to get him through 2013 in the manner to which he has become accustomed, including $85,000 for phone calls! Meanwhile, his father, George H.W. Bush, has his hand out for $879,000; Bill Clinton has pitched for over a million to keep the lights on; and Jimmy Carter, who left the job in 1981, is set to receive more than $500,000 to spend on knit vests and Farrah slacks (possibly). Even Nancy Reagan is in on the action, with a $7,000 postal budget.

What! Are you kidding me? Who the heck proposes and approves this kind of rubbish? I'm pretty sure I don't remember voting on this? Where is this in the budget?

Ex-Presidents Suck

edit on 13-5-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What the hell...

Glorified clerics

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wait, I can see Clinton, after all, he's a Democrat and we all know they love public money. But the Bush's? Reagan? I though... I thought they were anti-government and didnt want to take taxpayer money? I'm SO confused.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Truman created it the GSA runs it what else is there to say?

Second.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Presidential retirement benefits were non-existent until the enactment of the Former Presidents Act (FPA) in 1958. Since then, presidential retirement benefits have included a lifetime annual pension, staff and office allowances, travel expenses, Secret Service protection and more.

Presidents Benefits

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Wait, I can see Clinton, after all, he's a Democrat and we all know they love public money. But the Bush's? Reagan? I though... I thought they were anti-government and didnt want to take taxpayer money? I'm SO confused.

Right! When it comes to free goodies this is hardly a partisan issue. lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There's a reason some of us call them parasites.

They live off the blood, sweat, and tears of others.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
More laughable since they can give a speech for an hour or so and get paid what someone's full yearly salary is. With that sort of income at their disposal, one would think they could cut down on the handouts.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Reagan really practiced what he preached?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Beat you to it already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ding Ding! Haha. Nice!

top topics

join