It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maya Mural Found, Contradicts 2012 "Doomsday" Myth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shred

We have control over our actions of how we treat our earth and we can change the outcome. So how can you say I am a doomsayer, I just see a need to suspend our use of chemistry and unneeded practices that interferes with the earths ability to provide for us. This necessitates that we must look after the best interests in all the things in our foodchain. We also do not yet know about all the things necessary for the survival of our foodchain. Is this too much common sense at one time?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't disagree with you ricky, we are caretakers of the planet.

In one article it states the Mayans actually were looking for sign of there never being an end.

Now this is not unlike Christian seers that perceived a new heavens and a new earth,
renewal.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Shred

We have control over our actions of how we treat our earth and we can change the outcome. So how can you say I am a doomsayer, I just see a need to suspend our use of chemistry and unneeded practices that interferes with the earths ability to provide for us. This necessitates that we must look after the best interests in all the things in our foodchain. We also do not yet know about all the things necessary for the survival of our foodchain. Is this too much common sense at one time?

Common sense and a "certain change(in whatever it is you seem to believe, human behavior perhaps) in 2012" are not in the same ballpark. You clearly did not understand my post at all, I did not say you are a doomsayer, I said you are not much different from them when you approach the 2012 from your own viewpoint without anything really backing it up.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's interesting to me that this "new discovery" has come to light now.

It's even more interesting that they say this discovery pre-dates the codices, according to Yahoo

The hieroglyphs date back to the ninth century, making them hundreds of years older than the calendars in the Maya Codices, which were recorded in bark-paper books from 1300 to 1521

So let me get this straight, as a people, we generally tend to be progressive, that is anything can become outdated as new information / insight comes to light.

So why are we as people buying into the notion that this new information superceedes the codices, when it could be the codices were a progressive more accurate update ?

Since when did we rely on information older than the update ?

If you ask me I think its all spin, I sit on the fence with the whole Mayan 2012 thing anyway, but it amazes me how people try to make stuff fit a specific interpretation.

Link to Yahoo article

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet?

Link

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Since when did we rely on information older than the update ?

That's interesting, never crossed my mind, this is why I read the forums.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The one thing that caught my attention here is the face sketch on one of the walls. Looks like a alien face with an elongated skull which I have not seen anywhere else so far. New species?
edit on 11-5-2012 by kimwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimwarrior
The one thing that caught my attention here is the face sketch on one of the walls. Looks like a alien face with an elongated skull which I have not seen anywhere else so far. New species?
edit on 11-5-2012 by kimwarrior because: (no reason given)

There is no doubt about it, these people were brilliant.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

Can't common sense be used to back up anything nowadays? Is evidence using limited parameters as the base of testing the only thing that is considered real in society anymore. I have researched the flawed conditions and exclusions that are used in testing and have tried to figure motivation for lack of insight. Results can purposely be swayed one way or the other and these flawed results can be verified over and over if the same testing parameters are used.. Much of the evidence that is out there to prove or disprove things is inadequate but is backed up by acceptable qualified research institutes. Problem is that they are hired to do testing within certain parameters.

Common sense tells me that there is a reason the guidelines are in place and there seems to be no oversight at all over completeness of the scientific community's testing procedures. Maybe there is no one out there that can look at the big picture anymore. If you are a research scientist working for a company you are required to test only what the customer requesting the test is asking for. If you test anything else you could be fired. If you don't believe me, ask a research scientist. They may not even realize that other tests are pertinent to proper diagnosis.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is it very interesting that suddenly they found this Maya Mural in 2012?

Also it is very interesting how this news has been published in every news site around the world.

If the world is going to end on December 21 they wont tell you.

Also please explain to me why since 2011 there have been thousands of quakes, in the last 100 years there have not been so many quakes than in 2011 and 2012, this tell me that something is wrong with the earth.

Also what about the solar flares, do you know that in year 2012 and 2013 the earth is going to get hit by a solar storm like no other, do you know that this could shutdown all the computers in the world, and also satelites, cars, lighting, etc, etc.

I think that the world is not going to end in 2012, but we could have a change like no other that will make this world like a new world or a new era.

This quote placed here explains all in a very few lines:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From dJbdJb

How convenient that they find this house with all the answers 7 months before the end of the long-count. Where are these calculations they talk about? All I see is a few glyphs. Funny how MSM is accepted to be credible regarding certain topics and not others. Make your minds up.

edit on 11-5-2012 by lke123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lke123

If the world is going to end on December 21 they wont tell you.

I guess there is not much we can do about it one way or another.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I thought id reply to this post as I feel people are still unaware of a few things regarding the Mayan mythology.

once you learn a few things about the occult you will come to understand that these groups have been passing down ancestry secrets for 1000's of years, most probably longer! involving numerous knowledge of Egyptian history and many many ancient believes.. "so many you'd have to be apart of it to take it all in.

now..

take a look at the Mayan calender.. can you see?.. what? ... you cant see it? does the skull and the symbol not resemble something?

"To me the symbol looks a lot like the free mason compos emblem. The skull in the middle stands for Geronimo or Golgotha witch means native American "skull" (Golgotha) "the G in the middle of the free mason emblem!!

so stupid it seems for quarter of the planet to be highly investigating the Mayan 2012 mythology

so stupid when our own governments have known something all along.. (hide in plain sight) would explain how easy this sounds to be!

what is the change ? (apocalypto)? didn't ancient Mayans use mass sacrifice to depopulate?

if this knowledge-passed down is anything but good, the globalist elite have it. and they have kept this knowledge high in their conscious thought. for some good reason its a very significant date for them... must be for us too.

you don't build high masonic symbolism on 2012 London Olympics stadium for the fun of it!

maybe I'm mad like them!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Are you a follower of Law of One? Just out of curiosity...

I try to be, but it's always a work in progress.

~Namaste

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

loved your 2012 thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but must point out that the world will [hopefully] end on 12/21/12

Thank you DE. I try to bring as much information as I can out in to the open for others to enrich themselves, even though there will always be some that dismiss it without any consideration.

We can lead the horse to water, but can't ever make it drink.

~Namaste

for the "business as usual crowd"

many of which are spamming the boards today

edit on 10-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added link to SonOfTheLawOfOne's 2012 thread

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Well the world is over populated and could do with someone to sort it out.
Then of course the rich would pay their way up to the top rather than leave it down to natural selection.

Hitler was a great dictator.. up until he decided to kill Jews. He brought the most economical failing country out of debt in four years and made it into a great thriving place.. But the killing people part.. that was wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join