It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted - From The Creator Of Family Guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane brings his boundary-pushing brand of humor to the big screen for the first time as writer, director and voice star of Ted. In the live action/CG-animated comedy, he tells the story of John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg), a grown man who must deal with the cherished teddy bear who came to life as the result of a childhood wish...and has refused to leave his side ever since."

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm so stoked. I'm glad Seth finally realized the potential he could capitalize on, and I'm even more excited that he's doing the film with none other than Marky Mark.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hey Jay, I'm interested in seeing this flick, but I just want to say I really dig your ATS pic. Jimmy Darmody was the man! TO THE LOST...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Can't wait to see it. I like Seth's other stuff. Maybe the time fillers won't be as abused in a movie setting...That's my biggest complaint about his shows.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It looks like a MASSIVE rip-off of the Aussie show "Wilfred" to me...
Boycotted!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

That's exactly what my old man said. Still...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverkiss
It looks like a MASSIVE rip-off of the Aussie show "Wilfred" to me...
Boycotted!

Wilfred is awesome but this looks like a run of the mill kooky comedy while wilfred has underlying implications about the main character's duality issues. The preview shows someone other than the main actor acknowledging the fact Ted is real while Wilfred is a figment of Ryan's imagination that no one else sees as more than a dog. I don't really see a similarity at all....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This does look fun but it's basically Peter and Brian, no?

Seth really does seem to like the idea of a man and something that shouldn't be able to talk pairing up.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
shut up meg

this movie looks pretty good, you have to watch the unrestricted trailer though (Caution, much swearing and sexual references). i would post it but im sure thats against T+Cs.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What is it with MacFarlane and bears?

While it will be a cute movie, my prediction is that within a year, it's going to be in the $5 bin at WalMart. This one's going to bomb.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What is it with MacFarlane and bears?

While it will be a cute movie, my prediction is that within a year, it's going to be in the $5 bin at WalMart. This one's going to bomb.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is Mcfarlanes first Live action feature film?
If your not a fan of family guy, american dad or The cleveland show, then you may not like it, but as a Fan I think this looks great.

I actually saw an episode of family guy (or was it cleveland) recently and there was a bear that resembled this bear, not called Ted, but he was very grouchy.

IDK< I think this has the potential to be hilarious.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I'm a big fan of Family Guy (huge even)...but the Cleveland Show is just phoning it in, in my opinion. American Dad has its moments....

I'd like to se Seth succeed with Ted, but I just don't see it happening.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm in partial agreement with you. The Cleveland show sucks. I'll give you that. I just think that if this movie is marketed correctly, it'll peak at the box office. Not to mention Seth's familiarity with DVD sale profits.

Only time will tell.

join