It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favourite Bible story or quote?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

So that explains why every disciple describes Jesus differently...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

All of us observe and experience this physical reality differently. All of our sensory perceptions, our thoughts, and our emotions are experienced and observed both subjectively and relatively.

Given as many pieces of paper to write on, or given an unlimited amount of words... me and you will not give the same understanding or explanation of something as simple as an apple.

What some call God, others call Self, Soul, Spirit, Consciousness, Subconscious, Chi, Prana, Nature, Universe, Source, Force, Matrix, etc.

Whether interacting with Mind or Divine, all of us are subjectively experiencing the same thing from our limited relative understandings. This is illustrative by the ancient Indian parable of 'Blind Men and an Elephant'.

Has your personal path not yet shown you how to interact with your fellow human on terms of respect and compassion?

What is it in you that seeks to be so hurtful to others?

May Peace be upon you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

He shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Wow. Sounds like a story we tell to children to make them behave.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I view willful ignorance as being just as destructive as eating only junk food.

And yes, anything that defies logic or oppresses human nature, or unjustly condemns the innocent, is ignorance. And those who blindly follow it, are willfully ignorant. That is how I see it.
edit on CThursdaypm020243f43America/Chicago10 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the book of Joshua. He was like the first biblical action hero. The passage in Cor. where it explains how love is always patient, always kind and never fails is my favorite verse set. Because as it states in the Bible, God is love, and then gives you a pretty clear defination of what love is.
Even if you chose not to believe the scripture, you gotta admit that the world would be a much better place if we all acted in a love that was always patient and kind.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
My favorite quote is my Latin signature, a good one for ATS as it alludes to denying ignorance and the benfits that come from that.

John 8:32 wise words from Jesus Christ

And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one — I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

- The Gospel of John, Chapter 17:20-26

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by guitarplayer

Wow. Sounds like a story we tell to children to make them behave.

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Reading some of the bile in some of these makes me think of a few additional verses that may be pertinent.

Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
Psalm 1:4 NIV

nor cast your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn and tear you in pieces.
Matthew 7:6 NKJV

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join