It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wondered what it looks like on the floor when they vote for legislation?? It may surprise you.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I expected to be angry because I knew none of them would show up to vote, but I honestly had no idea that they voted for absent members, and so blatantly! This is really outrageous, and I thought I was all out of outrage. Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Well Well Well,

What appears to be a bunch of overgrown grammar school kids cheating on a test,
is in reality the folks(voted into office)? to represent The Citizens of The United States of America.
But Alas! There is no schoolteacher adept with a cane to strike their filthy reaching
fingers. No oversight or enforcement of their own rules. How convienient and cozy.
I'll tell you what, Help me get my name on the ballot, vote me in as the leader of
Congressional Oversight, and you can bet your life that I would put and end to that
illegal and irresponsible behavior.

Oh yes, I will need a switch cane fresh cut from the yard as well.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Lets launch Occupy Capitol
2nd line

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think they should have to SUBMIT WRITTEN PERMISSION BEFORE the voting starts if they are going to vote for someone else. The key is before, otherwise they can get one from the other person, 3 days later like you know they would.

On a side note, how many times have we heard another running rep used someone's voting record against them during a debt? I think its safe to say, we SHOULD NEVER hear that arguement again. I honestly can not believe how much our government officials act like little children on so many situations.

Its time for the 99%ers to take office. If you really want a change, vote for the 99%ers when they run. Don't judge them by little mistakes they made 25 years ago (every 99%er has mistakes because WE do not have the money to make our record disappear). Judge them on who they are today and who they have been for the past 15 years. Listen to his/her plans for the future, chances are they will be his/her words instead of a team of writers who prepared his/her speech. Understand that the color of his tie does irrelevant.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Good Jesus...I am Speachless...realy!

And i am not even from USA.

How you USA guys & Girls dare to alow people like them to rule you?!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffreyCH

...Right enough to act in spite of moral, ethical, and legal obligations.

That is to say, that even at the local/municipal level of politics one must be a professional bullsh*tter. This sort of thing comes naturally for them. It is how they made thier way. It is what they do.

Do we blame a snake for being a snake, or do we blame ourselves for letting them on board?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Thanks for sharing that revealing video. I guess that's what happens when society votes those who ate their boogers in High-School and never got a date at prom night.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
reply to post by JeffreyCH

...Right enough to act in spite of moral, ethical, and legal obligations.

That is to say, that even at the local/municipal level of politics one must be a professional bullsh*tter. This sort of thing comes naturally for them. It is how they made thier way. It is what they do.

Do we blame a snake for being a snake, or do we blame ourselves for letting them on board?

Well stated.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I LOVE THIS!!!!
If you were a non-believer well then, now you are a believer!

Wake the hell up!!!!!!!!!

LOL

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
yeh this isnt new as other members have posted , Ive seen videos of the exact same thing happening before.
Their reasoning , is that they dont have time to call them back to their desks or get rest breaks.
If you cant do your job properly then you shouldnt be working !

fire them , jail them , shame them .

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
Have seen elected officals cast multiple votes before but never to this level. It almost looks like a game of musical chairs. To just blatently do it on camera like that is crazy. Do they really think the population of this country is so stupid we can't see when someone cast multiple votes? Perhaps they think we are so far removed from there world that no one would notice...

Well we did and chances are nothing will happen. They think they are so far above us they can spit on everything that made this nation great without any punishment. Hope you all are taking names here. I know I am...

actually they dont think it, they KNOW it. its been going on for ages and still no one will make a stand and actually do anything about it. so they KNOW they can get away with it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The only way out of this is to get Ron Paul elected. Otherwise it will get worse and we'll just see more perps.
edit on 11-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Don't you love how the law states if a voter votes more than once the penalty is up to the house leader? Meanwhile, the house leadership says "they like to leave it up to the house." This is precisely how bills and legislation are passed that go against public interest.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Haha, utterly disgusting.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You guys realize it is the California legislative floor, right?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Really?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
They have been doing this for years.

I remember this from like 4 years ago of them doing exactly the same thing.

Most of the time they arent even there.

ut should be illegal and more than likely is.

Maybe that's because it is the same video?

Just thinking.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
The only way out of this is to get Ron Paul elected. Otherwise it will get worse and we'll just see more perps.
edit on 11-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Funny. As if that's going to change anything important.

Why do you guys always compare Ron to God? I mean - he's a nice guy, but he isn't Ron.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gixxerblade
You guys realize it is the California legislative floor, right?

Texas - AND from way back in 2007

According to this:

edit on 16-5-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join