It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night, was the weirdest night's sleep ive ever had, and il tell you for why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Right, i have real trouble sleeping, i have crohns disease, and even though its not so bad now, pre-op i used to suffer agony with it in the early hours of the morning, and ive not really been able to kick the habit of staying up late. I take occasional nitol to help me sleep, but not too often because of the addictive properties.
Anyway, last night, i thought id try something different. "Kalms sleep", they promise to "promote refreshing natural sleep". They contain,180mg of valerian extract, 64mg of passiflora extract,88mg wild lettuce extract, and small amount of vervain and hops per dose. I had also consumed a couple of glasses of red wine, however it does only suggest that consuming excessive amount of alcohol, be avoided.
I spent the night embarking on an hallucinatory adventure, (ive never taken hallucinogens), although in not sure that they were hallucinations, i dont know what happened to me. At one point my body (or was it my being or spirit) felt like it was spinning around very fast like a top, it wasnt scary, in fact, i felt safe and it felt quite exciting and for a moment i felt like i was about to burst out of the ceiling of my bedroom, but i bottled out at the last minute and stopped it.
I felt as though, i spent the whole night in other places, other realities but also kept coming back to my room to awaken feeling elated and excited. I not gonna make up stuff and say i met exotic creatures or spirits or anything, because if truth be told i dont really remember the full details now, (i wish id written it all down at the time), but i remember how bizarre it all felt and excited and felt when i woke up.
I just wanted to post to see if anyone else had had this experience with something that i thought was so innocent. I havnt exagerrated any of this and i dont normally post things like this.
It was crazy,people, one of the weirdest things that has ever happened to me if not the weirdest.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I used to suffer from insomnia somthing terrible, i decided to take Kalms for a couple of weeks, but if im 100% honest they didnt work for me, and i didnt experience anything like what you have described (Although i kinda wish i did, it sounds awsome).

I still suffer from it now, however iv found that dosing myself up on painkillers sometimes works.

DISCLAIMER: I dont recomended taking large doese of painkillers, its very very bad for you, im just an extreem case.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear that at least it was a pleasant experience for you...but the question remains...do you feel rested?

To tell you the truth I have not have heard of the specific product you mention--but I have taken Dr. prescribed sleep aids as well as valerian root, kava and melatonin--not all at the same time of course.

Based on my experiences (not so much for melatonin), but definitely with the valerian and the kava kava....they felt "pharamaceutical-strength" to me in comparison.

I think initially I had a similar experience to yours, but as my body adapted it would just put me in an almost non-REM knock-out sleep (not really good) or over time, nothing at all.

Again, are you rested or to elated to be rested?...just curious....

edit on 7-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One question... Do you think that you are more and more willing to accept new realities in case you get knowledge or proof of them, i mean recently?

I ask that because in a restricted point of view you can have experienced it due to auto-suggestion, but in a open mind point of view, people that become awaken to new realities develop (or simply dont castrate them) new abilities to accept and see behind the known-reality.

Atm i am struggling with this question. I've having some proofs of things that i didnt believe before, but i am not yet fully convinced that this is because i want them to happen or because i am open to them and so i can "see" better...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear that at least it was a pleasant experience for you...but the question remains...do you feel rested?

To tell you the truth I have not have heard of the specific product you mention--but I have taken Dr. prescribed sleep aids as well as valerian root, kava and melatonin--not all at the same time of course.

Based on my experiences (not so much for melatonin), but definitely with the valerian and the kava kava....they felt "pharamaceutical-strength" to me in comparison.

I think initially I had a similar experience to yours, but as my body adapted it would just put me in an almost non-REM knock-out sleep (not really good) or over time, nothing at all.

Again, are you rested or to elated to be rested?...just curious....

edit on 7-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

No, im not rested, im really tired, i could feel myself dozing off at 7.30pm with the sound of homer simpson in the background.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by quelmarth

One question... Do you think that you are more and more willing to accept new realities in case you get knowledge or proof of them, i mean recently?

I ask that because in a restricted point of view you can have experienced it due to auto-suggestion, but in a open mind point of view, people that become awaken to new realities develop (or simply dont castrate them) new abilities to accept and see behind the known-reality.

Atm i am struggling with this question. I've having some proofs of things that i didnt believe before, but i am not yet fully convinced that this is because i want them to happen or because i am open to them and so i can "see" better...

Unfortunatly im not the sort of person who has spooky experiences or sees ghosts or ufo's or whatever, thats why last night was so weird. I suppose i should conclude that the experience was pharmaceutical in nature or chemically caused. But it did feel pretty weird and well, very real. As i said before, im not the sort of person who imagines things or makes things up, Im not a huge cynic, but i like a certain modicum of proof, and occams razor is always first port of call.
Im not sure if id do it again, because ive googled it since, and some people have experienced awful nightmares with it. I dont wanna tempt fate.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Right, i have real trouble sleeping, i have crohns disease, and even though its not so bad now, pre-op i used to suffer agony with it in the early hours of the morning, and ive not really been able to kick the habit of staying up late. I take occasional nitol to help me sleep, but not too often because of the addictive properties.
Anyway, last night, i thought id try something different. "Kalms sleep", they promise to "promote refreshing natural sleep". They contain,180mg of valerian extract, 64mg of passiflora extract,88mg wild lettuce extract, and small amount of vervain and hops per dose. I had also consumed a couple of glasses of red wine, however it does only suggest that consuming excessive amount of alcohol, be avoided.
I spent the night embarking on an hallucinatory adventure, (ive never taken hallucinogens), although in not sure that they were hallucinations, i dont know what happened to me. At one point my body (or was it my being or spirit) felt like it was spinning around very fast like a top, it wasnt scary, in fact, i felt safe and it felt quite exciting and for a moment i felt like i was about to burst out of the ceiling of my bedroom, but i bottled out at the last minute and stopped it.
I felt as though, i spent the whole night in other places, other realities but also kept coming back to my room to awaken feeling elated and excited. I not gonna make up stuff and say i met exotic creatures or spirits or anything, because if truth be told i dont really remember the full details now, (i wish id written it all down at the time), but i remember how bizarre it all felt and excited and felt when i woke up.
I just wanted to post to see if anyone else had had this experience with something that i thought was so innocent. I havnt exagerrated any of this and i dont normally post things like this.
It was crazy,people, one of the weirdest things that has ever happened to me if not the weirdest.

That's why I like smoking a cigaret a few times per year - its trippy that way if its not a habit. Sadly the herbs that could actually cause you to sleep are unmentionable. And the Dr Pusher would surely try getting you to take OPIUM based drugs - and in a way, "those are FIGHTING words" - as in why we're at war in Mexico and Afghanistan.

Sorry for your sleep issues and crones.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've tried a lot of natural sleep aids for my insomnia/ narcolepsy problems (yeah, believe it or not insomnia is a symptom of narcolepsy). I think they're pure evil! I have had similar experiences to the one you described. Although I can't say I found it pleasant. I have had similar episodes with trazedone. Natural sleep aids are the worst and I can't ever take them. They, too, have made me feel spinny, disjointed, stuck in a state of half-sleep/ half-awareness. I felt sick and terribly nauseous through the whole night and constantly waking up in a stupor. It felt like my soul was being ripped from my body..or something haha! Yep, all from natural sleep aids...every time. (and the trazedone too)

Hey, if you had fun, awesome! But I will never try a sleep aid of any kind; especially the all-natural ones. They give me the most unnatural feeling and leave me more tired and groggy than ever.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Been a night owl all my life and seem to get a lot more done in the wee hours of the morning, now that I'm retired its O.K., but during my "working" years it was a curse. Felt exhausted when I had to get up.

If it fits into your schedule, here's a few things you can try.

Eliminate caffeine and sugars as much as possible, especially after lunch time.
Do a three day fast and drink only water during that period.(Chlorine free if possible)
Load up on a good quality anti-oxidant and multivitamin
Try to spend a couple of hours outside in the sun and fresh air each day doing some exercise that is pleasurable.
Perhaps something like a long slow walk in a nature park or around water, or gardening, or swimming.

Meditation with Solfeggio Frequency music and videos. (use with head phones for better effect)
Here a starting place, but many more on youtube

www.youtube.com...

Healing Chacra meditation music

www.youtube.com...

Don't forget what has been presented on the other thread. "As you believe, so shall it be done unto you."
Hope these will help.

Ha. Your screen name just dawned on me. Everything I just said is usually frowned upon by traditional AMA.

edit on 2-8-2012 by nightstalker46 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join