It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Sounds Phenomenon: A Comprehensive Chronological Compilation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So I've seen the threads on here regarding the strange sounds all over the world. I am normally fairly skeptical and I think that's healthy. I said that it sounded fake to be honest, mostly because they are just so strange and they did sound like the waterphone or whatever it's called. Well after watching this following video I take it all back! This has convinced me at least that it's not fake! As to what could be happening I think it's anyones guess.

In the video there is a professor or scientist who thinks that these are totally "nice normal sounds". He says they are electromagnetic waves from the ionosphere (or something similar). My question to this is why have we never heard it before then? Why now? I've never heard of anything like this in my 31 years, not personally and not on T.V or from anyone! If it was so "normal" why haven't I heard of it?

Does anyone know when the earliest report of these sounds is? Has there been anything like this recorded in history books and the like?

Surely this video rules out fake?

What do you guys think it is? Is the earth expanding? Is it the end of the world? (I doubt this one personally) Is Jesus returning? (I doubt this one also). These sounds have certainly got me questioning so I would love to hear what you guys think. And if you have any evidence of previous accounts of this then maybe we can go about discounting some of the more apocalyptic theories.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Surely this video rules out fake?

What do you guys think it is? Is the earth expanding? Is it the end of the world? (I doubt this one personally) Is Jesus returning? (I doubt this one also). These sounds have certainly got me questioning so I would love to hear what you guys think. And if you have any evidence of previous accounts of this then maybe we can go about discounting some of the more apocalyptic theories.

answers in order

meh, i'm going with yes

lets not go down that rabbit hole

Always is, it being a reason for the sounds, probably not... no.

No

Something like that...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Is there quantifiable evidence that the earth is expanding? I've heard the theory, in the theory they say that basically tectonic plates don't exist as such. and the earth has just been expanding. They made out that basically all the earth land mass was once connected. So I have a few questions for that. Where was the water? Under the crust? Over the crust? It did sound plausible, i'll give it that. But I would like to see some measurements that prove the earth is expanding.

I want to go down the rabbit hole as that was the point of the thread but I appreciate it if you do not.

As for the other answers I tend to agree.

Have you ever heard the sounds? Like in the past? Have you ever heard accounts of it in the past?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Btw I posted this 19 minutes ago and the video is 33 minutes long so I take it you did not watch it all. Is there a reason for that? Have you seen this one before or something?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The ancient races experienced what we are experiencing now, and it's mentioned in religious texts.
You just have to get beyond all the smoke and mirrors rubbish.
The Egyptians, and I think the Hopi described it as ''the earth singing''
Religious texts call it ''trumpets''

There are other references to it, but I'd need to do some digging if you want sources.

So no, we have not heard it before, but our ancestors did.

What makes me laugh, is that all this climate change, freak weather panic, and all the rest makes it sound as if it's a fresh new OMG phenomenon. It isn't. It's happened before, and it will happen again.
It wiped out species, and peoples, and made areas that were once lush and green, become deserts.
Why do you think they considered it a warning. Why do the religious texts make it sound so ominous??
Because the earth is changing, and that we're in for an intense time... They knew it, they warned us, we're just too stupid to pay any attention to ''uncivillised heathens'' despite them having a far better knowledge of the stars, and the tides, and the seasons, time and dates than we did up until about 100 years ago...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Yeah I know that the bible spoke of trumpets but wasn't that prophecy rather than someone describing it? I'm not saying it isn't possible but if this is normal as the professor states surely there would be quite a few accounts throughout history.

I don't discount the old writings at all but I would like something a bit more recent and a bit better described. The older it is the more it's open to interpretation I feel as their language was so different to ours.

I definitely think something is happening though, I agree with you that I think it is change and I welcome that! Something needs to give.

I do not believe in the whole global warming stuff, I'm not trying to scare monger like that. Just want to explore this some more now that I believe it isn't hoaxed.

I did a search on google of "old accounts of strange sounds" I got nothing but the recent ones. Want to have a go?
edit on 4-5-2012 by mee30 because: replaced earth for bible, my mistake.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Btw I posted this 19 minutes ago and the video is 33 minutes long so I take it you did not watch it all. Is there a reason for that? Have you seen this one before or something?

I've seen similar videos, collections of clips in regards to the sounds... also, I've seen a list of these sounds being reported that was made in chronological order. This video is not all that unique.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey did anyone on the west of Houston, tx hear the strange rumbling on Friday 4/27? It sounded like underwater thunder (it felt like thunder too) if that makes sense. I was tempted to start a thread but decided against it. But it went on and off for about 5mins at about 9 or 10pm.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
would be interesting to see if all these sounds are coming from one area in the sky, say like if it happens at 2pm, could it happen in the same area in the sky in a different country hours later?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

Hmmm, that is interesting, I wonder if someone smarter than I could work that out? lol. It's something I would be a very interested in looking into though I don't really have the time. But yeah I guess if you could discount the theory we could discount the fact that the sound is coming from space at least.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've heard and posted before about these sounds.
I'm in central Tx, and our sound was a low constant rumble.
Like a train that never ends.

I used to call hoax on all these sounds until I heard one.
Yeah there are kids in Russia with synthesizers
but those are easy to spot. (some in the above video even)
Most aren't though.
They are different. And you'll notice worldwide,
the camera is always pointed up at the sky.
I doubt this is a giant hoax, people on other continents
are in on. Not all on ATS even know about it.
It seems to be mostly higher latitudes. And the pitch seems higher
in those latitudes. Lesser latitudes (30 degrees) like mine sound lower.

If you are able to hear one, you'll be quite sure
it's nothing mundane like a jet or train etc.
Or even jet engine testing. Which I know well
growing up near an AFB. And having a bomber pilot
for a grandfather.
It's like nothing you've heard before.
I'm going with Van Allen belt stuff or maybe the Earth
is groaning like a GIANT ocean liner in rough seas .
I don't know. But hoax to all of them?
Absolutely not.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Hey did anyone on the west of Houston, tx hear the strange rumbling on Friday 4/27? It sounded like underwater thunder (it felt like thunder too) if that makes sense. I was tempted to start a thread but decided against it. But it went on and off for about 5mins at about 9 or 10pm.

I didn't hear that one specifically.
But the way you described it is exactly
the way I've heard it, just outside of Austin.
Low constant rumble. Thunder under water is perfect.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The sounds are real, most of them are hoaxes but the sound is definitely happening. Electromagnetic waves in the ionosphere sounds about right. I personally think that it has to do with the geomagnetic excursion that's currently happening to the planet.

top topics

join