It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Prediction: NASA is more important than you think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm no smarter than anyone here, but I want to give you a new thought. The earth we live on, we use all its resources right? Population is booming, and we cannot stop it without being cruel. The resources are dwindling at a fast pace every year we go. We do have time(I think). But for jobs, we need resources, otherwise you cannot get nothing, out of nothing. Space, gives us fuel(moon), more metals, ect. Problem is obvously transporting these things or us to different planets. People (not from here ATS) say how NASA is a waste of money, but I know current missions really do appear like that, we are too slowly gathering info to the naked eye.

We really do need NASA, we need all the space exploration we can get, because we are finding the important stuff about each planet were close to. My thought process is if we want to get better financially and as a planet, we need to put space exploration on top of our list.

Example, I worked at a snow thrower/lawnmore production place, I heared prices of the materials to make them is going up and up, and sooner or later this business wouldn't be able to run most likely. If this happens for them, it will happen for all businesses running similar things.

Prove me wrong, but maybe these NASA cutbacks that I heared already happened, isn't the best for us. Prove me wrong, i'm not sure if my facts are 100% right(Although there all stated, prove them wrong). Looking forward to responses.
edit on 3-5-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You are not alone in this belief, hopefully the space frontier will open up once the chaos of 2012 calms down

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
You are not alone in this belief, hopefully the space frontier will open up once the chaos of 2012 calms down

It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Our method of space travel sucks, we need a better way.
Also, if you're referring to the alleged 2012 end of the world, that won't affect NASA because they don't care about conspiracy theories based on nothing.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
space travel sould be more important to us but i beleive the days of goverment funded space flight in america is ending pretty soon.
as all the planets are so far away, it takes massive amounts of fuel, tim and money.
a probe is being launched by ESA to jupiter's moons in 2025 to look for life, it'll take 8 years to reach jupiter.
we need to improve our propulsion and power greatly to efficiently go where we need to.

space is important, nasa becoming less important. i don't want to see nasa end but isn't their funding constantly decreasing.

new topics

top topics

join