It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My apology to white people I previously believed were racist!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

To be truthful, myself and most black people I know don't think nothing of them.

Sadly to us, they are remnants from the Civil Rights days and are good for nothing but crowing the loudest when you need. So no...they are not icons of the black community.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Racism, it sure gets alot more attention than it did 5 or even 10 years ago. I'm not saying it did not exist, but it was kept under the covers apparently. Because it garnered no attention, it was a non-issue. I honestly thought the civil rights movement ended and everyone was equal under the law. Now, people are very sensitive about it and it is sad to see so much hatred expressed. Seems like we are going in the wrong direction. I just ask you to remember we are all brothers and sisters of the same Father.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Being an American is not good enough anymore.

Seriously, people want so desperately to be unique and special!

To deny that the cultures are not separate and distinct is naive at best; about the issue in general here in the US somewhere kids are getting the idea that to just be who you are if white is something to apologize or feel guilty about. I think that place as someone mentioned before is through school and in the media. Vilifying “white” America.

I am all for us just being Americans but the minorities are the ones who want to hyphenate themselves and demand to be treated as special and separate.

Respect our culture! They scream from the rooftops while pissing on the culture others.

Fine, I'm all for one's freedom to dress speak and conduct oneself in whatever manner you chose until it infringes on the rights of another.

However, to constantly cry out, “I am special. Look at me!” by ones dress, diction and mannerisms then cry foul when people point out the simple differences seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Surely you can see the socioeconomic differences in the relative success and failures of the different races in the world? We could argue till the end of time that religious indoctrination and European imperialism killed Africa but it’s been a long time since the whites left Africa to the Aficans. It doesn’t seem to be going to swell. I do not believe the failure of the cultures in Africa is related institutional racism any longer.

Institutional racism is dead especially in America; even with all the legal advantages minorities enjoy - especially blacks in America, they seem to be going down the ladder of racial and cultural success instead of up. Gotta ask yourself why?

The glass ceiling has been broken a black man is President FFS - what other reason is there for the disparity than culture?

The special status under the law is the major issue with race in America. It’s a hate crime when Zimmerman shoots a black kid and it’s all the rage in the news. A white kid is set on fire in Kansas City by some black kids…crickets.

Until we get past all this special status and protections under the law and start looking at each person as an individual rather than a member of that group we will never have true equality - sorry. Can't

Well sometimes you have to understand the "why" of some things.

White people are almost seen as sore winners. In America white people you won way back in the 17th century! You were the top dogs, you were the Chicago Bulls, the Miami Heat. Your team was stacked and you were winning every championship. What happens to teams in this position? Eventually people start rooting against you! Its a part of human nature to root for the under dogs!

Now how would the Yankees or Bulls or Heat look if they came on television crying that "everyone hates us, it's not fair!" We would look at them and tell them stop whining, enjoy their success or give up the game like some sissies.

Sir what you and others are doing is whining in the eyes of minorities. You're telling us that you can't handle being champs.

And no the roof wasn't blown off because Obama was elected. Now if a black guy with tattoos and dreads is elected we can agree on the ceiling being smashed. Besides look at what Obama has to cope with. He has white men who before he took office, vowed to fight ANYTHING he proposes. Even at the risk of destroying everyone. They will hide behind the "its not his color but his policies". Stop lying...his policies are Republican. The racist of this country are so insane we have a black President they are blind to the fact that he's a Republican! He hasn't passed ONE policy, not ONE that. Benefits the majority of black people but he's treated as if he proposed a Bill giving every black poerson a new house.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by DZAG Wright

As a white person I have to say that you are seeing the light and woke up to an uncomfortable truth.

I may get flamed at HATED for saying so, but I don't do "politically correct" anymore. Life is too short.

You are right, it's a CULTURAL thing. My belief , what I have noticed through a lifetime of analysis is that 'racism' is rarely such thing. It's a cultural disagreement. Most of the people which are labelled racists are mislabeled.

Whites are usually not aware or speak of skin color as a reason to 'hate' someone. As you said, it's 'thug' culture, or ignorance shown by ANY ethnicity

I know some other white people reading this are SEETHING at the thought that I am admitting it. And they're angry as hell at the thought that I would even say such a thing. But you have to understand that whites are conditioned since childhood to fear looking like a "racist" so much so, that we fear even speaking of CULTURALISM. We'll attack when one of 'us' strays off the guilt fed official line and admits that we are closeted culturalists and we do feel threatened.

Our white guilt is so pervasive that we suck up our anger and internalize it when sometimes we just want to shout or get angry. But see, we can't do that, it's not acceptable. Because to a white person one of the worst things you can be known as is a 'racist'.

You are correct that many whites get upset at cultural differences (they won't admit it in public). Sometimes we just get tired of being the target for all things "racist", and feel like anyone is allowed to attack us verbally and physically with no thought, while we pay the ultimate price.

We don't care if someone is in our neighborhoods of a different color, as long as they are "American", or reflect a mostly white American/ European based influence, or stay within a certain range of norms

OH BOY IS THAT GONNA MAKE PEOPLE ANGRY?
(hint: the white guilters are grinding their teeth that I am saying this..I can practically feel them through the computer)

I would HATE to be a black man or "minority" in an all white neighborhood. The standard is higher. Gotta 'prove' yourself and such. I see it in my wonderbread neighborhood too. People don't say it, but it's there. As long as the friends or family that come around aren't too rough or 'thugged', we can hang. As long as you're not too 'black'.

Same thing happened when I lived in mostly black neighborhoods. "Don't get too crazy white guy...or else the neighborhood will have you on watch".

Take a black man and dress him in a suit and tie, white people react differently.
Take the same black man and have him drive a car bumping rap or walking around with his boxers showing and pants sagging with tats and corn rows.

What changed, his DNA? Nope...

As I'm sure if you strutted a white dude with a Bronco and a gun rack through South Central and cowboy boots with a mullet....

Take the same white guy and dress him in Hip Hop styled clothing... same reaction?

Race? DNA change? nope

We're all culturalists. And we need to wake up to the fact that cultural norms are the basis for many of these fears and disagreements.

I know I've said a lot in this post. I know it will make some of my fellow 'whites' nuts because there's a part of them that has Stockholm Syndrome of sorts. A part of them is repentant of being white, like they should apologize.I feel it's an illness with some.

I don't apologize. I'm not 'proud' to be white because I had no hand in it, so why be proud. it was a random birth event I had no choice in, just as a black man or other had no choice in theirs.

But cultural differences are ways of thought. And when they don't match, 'racism' will grow.
Which is why Multi Cultural nations come with many problems. Not to be confused with Multi-Racial.

You've woken to a truth OP. And 'racism' will never stop if Cultures aren't on the same page. It's been proven over and over till it's nauseating. And all the PC talk in the world cannot change that fact. Real solutions require real analysis.

Maybe the most truthful and honest post in ATS history!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Please dude. You opened up your post with the race card.

No one really cares what you think or what you have to say.

Was Paxvaritas describing you?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"Rap" was pushed onto youth to propagate anger, alienation, and make "gangstas" out of any screwed up kid with a microphone. Any idiot can string a slew of words together and act pissed off, so what?

You don't see anyone pushing role models to inspire higher learning or dedication to an ideal do you?

This was a programmer to place the idle minds behind bars. Worked like a dream.
These kids frame up themselves, just jack up the punk whose ass is sticking out of his pants.
As if he's not disrespecting himself enough.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't think it's very ethical to apologize to someone for calling them something they may or may not be, and in the same breath call them something else that they may or may not be.

Just saying.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Boo!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why can't I just hate loud,rude people whatever their color skin who get in my face with their culture without being racist?
I absolutely HATE rap and detest the "Gangsta" culture that it has popularized and filled our prisons(which apparently was intended).
Besides I like singing with extended notes and vibrattos(Steel Heart)not whining or electronically enhanced tracks because they can't hold a note.GOOD electric guitar solos( not some half a##ed plucking normally only used in the chorus of a good song with hooks) missing from most modern performances.
Drum solos that show superior skill.not just a constant repeated beat
I will always be impressed with Motown as any sane rocker should be but RAP ptooey.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
From my perspective black people are more racist than anyone else. Don't go to Pine Bluff Arkansas alone if you're white or anything else but black. My sister went to the bus station to pick up her 2 oldest sons who wanted to go on a bus trip to florida. She got jumped by a crowd of black people and they beat her up in front of her 2 youngest kids who were in the van that were watching. We're not even white people.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Racist and benevolent.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I challenge anyone to not be racist in Australia. Its nye on impossible with the amount of cultures here your exposed to that bring the good with their bad. I grew up in a town that was predominantly half white Australians and half Italian, now its well known that the Italians assimilate well into cultures and make a go of it. They work hard and are innovative and particularly clever when it comes to making money and saving.

The Slav's were probably the next biggest demographic and equally as hard working, how ever if you had a problem with one then you had a problem with dozens of their close relatives in the process as they stick together tightly.

Getting to our indigenous population you have a group of people who are definitely not hard working, they stick together and have vendetta's only the Italian Mafia could dream of. If you have a problem with one of them then their direct and indirect relatives will now actively and aggressively come after you and no matter the reason you must submit or face escalating violence. Even if you caught them stealing your car they will feel they are aggrieved.

Now we have a large population of Sudanese causing big problems, somehow they think coming onto your property and stealing right in front of is their right. They think the mere fact you oppose their actions qualifies them to stab you or try and slit your throat.

How can you not stick by your own race when this kind of thing goes on ? You hint that us Whites have something to answer for because of "OUR" relations past deeds ? I did nothing to the Aboriginal race - It wasn't me. I never did those things so if you want to lob me into that kind of retroactive blame game then you are the Racist here.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

nope.
There are thh Ashkenazim and there are the sephardim jews that inhabiy Israel.
The Sephardim make up about 5% of Israel today. They are semitic
The 95% ashkenazim are Mongoloid/white from the Caucusus mtn region and are Khazars.
The Palestinians are mostly semitic.

And the op seems to be very racist and culturaly backwards in his generalizations.
The music is a Tavistock project and the baggy jeans comes from the prison culture where if you are someones "bitch" you wore your pants down in a submissive gesture.

I have to ask??? Is he saying this cultural invasion is the reason the west is sliding into the abyss as fast as we can print welfare checks?
racism is a cheap excuse used by racists most of the time and I have to admit I think the culture he describes sucks! But maybe he is right as we are becoming a police state and this prison culture attitude is becoming prevalent.
edit on 2-5-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

hmm, I thought Obama was white?
And his policies looks like he is Bush's 3'rd term.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
dangerous thread is just dangerous.

ive been spit on agitated to try and fight groups of boys of numbers more than 10 and had stuff burned on my front door step.

you cant indoctrinate a people to accept a culture and then expect them to be holy about a perceived wrath; yet from the same cheek and tongue say "i do not live up to my past sins and aggression".

op raises truthful points about how xenophobia manifests.

i think the problem lies in that man was not created to govern but was created to be governed by god; all the accusations about how blacks are destroying "america"(or substitute culture) for the sake of ranting about a personal station in lifes wheel is inept tiresome and played out past romans. people are going to get angry within their own bodies when they hear talk like that.

i disagree with you op;
u can substitute racism for culturalism if u wish; some people still think it right to crouch under another to be governed or think it even more right to say "now i can lead u to the promised land"; which is false to high h#!!. it takes time for an exterior act to be manifest within a persons body outside of death and all these events are supposed to happen and will come to pass.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Ausar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This thread is now closed peding a staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join