It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Planning Another Anti-Bush Hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well I�m glad to see CBS bring this out, but I think there reputation is seriously tarnished over Bush�s military record, I think people are going to say these forged White House documents is just a way for CBS to strike back at the Bush Cabal.

CBS PLANNING ANOTHER ANTI-BUSH HIT
By Cliff Kincaid
September 28, 2004
NewsWithViews.com

The CBS scandal gets worse every day. Now, in an amazing twist, Michael Isikoff of Newsweek was on Chris Matthews� MSNBC �Hardball� show on Wednesday night claiming that CBS had been planning to air a story about the White House using forged documents to make the case for war against Iraq.

CBS postponed the story so it could go on the air attacking President Bush on the National Guard issue. It backfired when 60 Minutes itself got caught using forged documents. Still, Isikoff indicates that 60 Minutes is planning to air the anti-Bush piece, perhaps as early as Sunday night, September 26.
There is only one big problem�the anti-Bush story, as described by Isikoff and eagerly embraced by Democrat partisan Matthews, is completely false. It�s as phony as those National Guard documents. more

source: www.newswithviews.com...

to change network

[edit on 28/9/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I didn't know the CBC was involved in American politics that way!

Seriously though, i believe the white house (bush admin) fabricated those forged/fake documents on purpose and released them to only later down play their authenticity.

Classic smoke screen to cloud Bush's national gaurd service and to discredit the whole situation. Nobody's gonna touch that National guard service story now in fear of suffering another CBS (not CBC
) fate.

Now nobody will accept any documents (legit or not) based on Bush's AWOL during the early 70's.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It isn't Anti-Bush when it is the truth....

For the other documents they got screwed, told they were real, but found out false later on. Or were true, just Bush&Co threatened them.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
It isn't Anti-Bush when it is the truth....

For the other documents they got screwed, told they were real, but found out false later on. Or were true, just Bush&Co threatened them.

That means Bush got to every expert that declared them false as well.

Anyway, it's the news media's responsbility to check their facts, not just take the word of their 'source'. They're supposed to be trustworthy, after all.

new topics

top topics

join