It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Becomes Math Genius After Head Injury

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Only a matter of time before they have computers doing this.

Our sense of self isn't just the frontal lobe. It's all our memories too and the feelings and so on. We need the frontal lobe to make good choices and so forth. I don't think we could go on without it.

It would be great though, wouldn't it? To switch on sometimes? I think in some of my dreams I've witnessed something like that. But it's all so hard to remember after you wake up. In the few that I've had, it's like things in the universe somehow made sense. But maybe I was deluded.

I guess there's a difference between a 'high' and ... real genius like savants have.
edit on 29-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm going to take this thought kinda in crazy land for a minute....

Just say for a moment that aliens DID manipulate human DNA helping our species evolve faster than it should have, what if they decided to put a "governor", or a limiter on our brain.... They say we can only use 10-20% of our brain, what if they set our brains to a certain limit on purpose??? What if by having some head injury it kind of knocked the "governor" off meaning people can use more of their brain??? Food for thought, just tossing a crazy idea out there...

Anyways, stories like these are truly fascinating, I wish we understood more about how the brain works...
edit on 29-4-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Yes, it does mean that we all have the potential to be great. However, it is actively blocked by those who wish to suppress us.I think it has to do with how you deal with the Near Death Experience, if you remain conscious and in command, then maybe... Because that is controlling your subconscious consciously. Doing so can produce astounding feats, simply because the subconscious knows things the conscious mind doesn't.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
interesting! All I can speculate is a jarring motion to the brain possibly decalcifies the pinal gland due to vibration(flouride in our water and tooth care hardens our pineal gland) or the injury itself compresses that gland knocking off some of the outer layers our water puts on it.
Edgar Casey claims the reason he has his abilities is because he was raised on a farm off well water instead of flouridated well water.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
interesting! All I can speculate is a jarring motion to the brain possibly decalcifies the pinal gland due to vibration(flouride in our water and tooth care hardens our pineal gland) or the injury itself compresses that gland knocking off some of the outer layers our water puts on it.
Edgar Casey claims the reason he has his abilities is because he was raised on a farm off well water instead of flouridated well water.

Very interesting point. I don't see how a thump would decalcify it. However, maybe the impact somehow re-activates it from its hibernation. Lets face it, we don't use the gland to its full potential. So maybe it is being stimulated when the head is struck a certain way.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

It's better than him being a psychopath! Notorious serial killers Earle Leonard Nelson, John Wayne Gacy, and Richard Ramirez suffered from head injuries in their youth.

What fascinates experts on the study of the brain is how changeable it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

I've heard rumors that head injuries also can give you supernatural powers and abilities but I forgot where I've read that from
edit on 28-4-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

Just like you can tip Champagne over a Keyboard and your computers gains AI. www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightwalk

Aleister Crowley also suffered a head injury in his youth.

When he was 14 years old, he was knocked unconscious after a mishap with a homemade firework on Guy Fawkes night, 1891. The homemade "roman candle" consisted of a large glass jar with almost two pounds of gun powder. The explosion shattered nearby windows, left Crowley with pieces of gravel embedded in his face, and knocked him off his feet causing him to hit his head on a large boulder, rendering him unconscious. He remained in a coma for four days, and had to wear a blindfold for two weeks for fear he would go blind from the flash. After coming out of the coma, he had a marked change in his personality and behavior.

Two pounds of gun powder LOL. What a fool. I'm surprised he even lived and managed to keep his limbs.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Thanks for sharing. Crowley's a fascinating figure whose mental wavelengths certainly didn't travel in our normal perspectives.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If our entire brain functioned fully and simultaneously we would be unable to even function from the over stimulation. Essentially the ultimate genius is basically a vegetable.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Essentially the ultimate genius is basically a vegetable.

You have just described Steven Hawking.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

anyone want to beat me up? I'll pay you!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have read somewhere that our universe was created using sacred geometries. This guy somewhat proved that when he said that all he sees are shapes.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
With some brainsync one can open doors without being whacked with a baseball bat.

But, it always amazed me how certain people gained "abilities" after head injuries, or so when some brain tumor was picked up and they became like a savant type. Fact is though that most head injuries gets the negative side of things than the positive.

I went for the brainsync/braintrain option, as i'd probably only end up being more stupid.

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Doesn't alcohol cause brain damage? By this logic I should be the second Uri Geller by now!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

And clearly we are not. Guess we need to have someone on our side.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Hi there.

I love stories like this!
'Makes you really think about us as a race and what we could really do if we used ALL of our brain, maybe we all have a mathematical genius inside of us, we just need to tap into it, but if it's not our time, then i guess we'll have to wait..

I'd love to know what we could do if we accessed all our of brain power.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We COULD be developing 'pills' that could accelerate our intelligence and consciousness in many ways. The government is currently against this, though. It all started with the psychedelics in the 60's, the knowing of what could be done with this kind of knowledge scared the government, and since has been growing with an increase in the power of the FDA, who defines anything that alters normal body/brain functioning as a medicine, and says that medicine should only be developed to treat an illness. Since helping people become more intelligent and the like is not included in that definition, they do not want it developed. The time will soon come, though, when we will re-gain our innate freedom to ingest what we want in our bodies, and in that time you will see incredible developments in pills and the like being created to boost human mental activity in many ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join