It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turd In The Punch Bowl = Worldwide Epidemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The irony of the title I chose was to emphasize a massive social dysfunction worldwide.

Let me explain what the title actually means first. A proverbial “Turd in the punch bowl” is something that spoils an event for everyone, or poisoning of the well that everyone drinks from. It is a graphic and somewhat crude saying, but it’s one that stands out in my mind in the midst of what is happening worldwide. From my own perspective, people will standby and drink from the well knowing that the turd is present, but somehow justify everything is OK if the media and government tells them so.

I tend to think of myself as a constructive individual that appreciates to hear positive things, but that does not mean that I will bury my head in the sand, and stand-by and watch the environment be poisoned and polluted, for the sake of profit and greed.

This is madness, seriously think about it. How stupid, lazy and complacent are we as a worldwide society to allow our current Modus Operandi to slowly destroy the fabric for our future generations?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5fe202aca78.jpg[/atsimg]

The world is a giant ecosystem and we humans are part of this system, not at the top like many people would arrogantly like to believe, but part of the symbiotic system. Mother nature can heal herself, but not if we allow so many turds in her punch bowel.

Does anyone actually ask themselves the question during their chaotic workday, or even care that they can no longer drink the water and eat the food, in the environment around them without it being processed?

And do we actually think that we are immune to the pollution?

Here are a just a few ATS topics that relate to this madness, and please feel free to add to the list.

“State officials shut down shrimping in Gulf”
www.abovetopsecret.com...

“EPA CONFIRMS Monsanto ecological Disaster: GMO Corn has bred Mutant, bT-resistant Super Bugs”

“Blamed for Bee Collapse, Monsanto Buys Leading Bee Research Firm”

“Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?”

Radiation Testing for Lesions on Seals - Fukusima Related

NOAA Report

RT steps down off of his soapbox, that probably contributed to polluting the environment.;
edit on 28-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think someone has spiked the punch because it seems environmentalists like to reduce our standard of living to fix the problems.

I dont want to see ads for ceiling fans saying I will save money on electricity. Its 2012. We have air conditioners.

And I dont want to hear about my supposed 'carbon footprint' or the solution of Carbon Tax.

Environmentalists are corporatists best customers. Corporatists love environmentalists.

Edit- Not that what you are saying isnt right. It is. But the solutions that the corporatists give us are a scam.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Edit- Not that what you are saying isnt right. It is. But the solutions that the corporatists give us are a scam.

No argument from me on that one.

The problem is that the people making the laws (Large Corporations) are the ones that are the worst offenders and seem to get off with just a slap on the wrist, because no one is ever accountable.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Monsanto is part of the Illuminati scheme to depopulate the earth down to a manageable 500 million, in my opinion. Those people are part of the cancer that is killing the world.

Know what happens if bees go extinct? The prime method of pollynization for crops, fruit and flowers goes extinct with them. Thats means it won't be long until the world begins starving to death, all because foolish and moronic men wanted to play God for the monies.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Know what happens if bees go extinct?

LW,

Most people don't and it's because of the drivel that is force fed to the masses by educators.

Instead of worthless subjects that consume our educational system, we need to instill the understanding and respect for Mother earth early on.

We don't have to scare our children, but empower them with knowledge, love and understanding for the big picture.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I really love ATS and the philosophy board. For some reason as I grow close to graduation I just feel this sharp intense rise of pleasure from reading and discussing philosophy! Though I am a screw up at times I just love the learning process and place around here. With that aside made I would like to comment on the topic at hand.

I have just finished watching a documentary on Fox news and how they distort what they are broadcasting, now being one that does not watch a whole lot of TV but in favor watches documentaries on Netflix and whenever presented here I cannot attest to it. Though from what they showcased in the documentary it seems that the turd in the punch bowl analogy is one that could honestly continue on for as long as such things can happen. As you have stated so long as the media tells them it is okay and all is well then things will proceed. What makes it even worse is that these "facts" that are presented can quite easily be distorted even more so to present rather a glorified action to a problem and even eliminate those who even want to talk about what is really going on.

Honestly we as a society know what we are capable of doing this was evident back in the cold war era in which the bombs were produced and many said if war were to break out this world would be destroyed. The problem is many of us know only what we can do to ourselves not taking into account that which is also around us. I would like to say that this in particular could be due to some upbringing that some people have in which they are only the important figure or will see the human species as being the only important figure on the world's stage seeing as they belong to it. With the advent of cloning and modification to help us why should we care about those other little furry things that inhabit "our" world. That thought process is one that I think is perhaps polluting our mindset at this point but I could certainly be wrong.

I would like to hope that I am wrong but as it appears now it seems as if we come first is still the mindset of the majority. Speaking of Monsanto (sp?) though I have watched quite a few and working on another documentary on them and have begun to wonder what exactly they are after? I know they are an organization and like all they want to in turn make a fair profit; but the great lengths that they go through seem to have me wonder on their actions not only above the table but also below.

Aand I'm not sure what else to type but hopefully I was on the ball somewhere in that little bitty rant

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Know what happens if bees go extinct?

LW,

Most people don't and it's because of the drivel that is force fed to the masses by educators.

Instead of worthless subjects that consume our educational system, we need to instill the understanding and respect for Mother earth early on.

We don't have to scare our children, but empower them with knowledge, love and understanding for the big picture.

People nowadays don't care. Theyre more concerned with worshipping thier god Moolah to pay attention to what goes on in nature. If bees go extinct there's going to be alot of things that go extinct right along with them and we are one of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Being a certified apiarist, in the State of Michigan. I have a small farm/Apple orchard, so bees are very important. I have also posted, in threads and made my own regarding Bees. I also send information to Michigan State University regarding hive issues.

The problem is that farmers throughout Michigan are brainwashed and controlled by Monsanto, and/or they are just plain lazy and do not care so they keep buying GMO seeds.

It really is killing us all slowly, and the little guys are telling the story all over the world, but dancing with the stars, sports, and any other distractions are much more important than our environment. (end of sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

i like to think of this time in our history as the primordial ironing of the technological wrinkles, a few more decades to see the ravages of our newly revamped materialism will lead to a renaissance sooner or later, you have to look through history to see we as humans learn our lessons in only the darkest possible of moments, or in our case centuries. before the materialism was based upon obsession over the hard obtained fruits of the earth such as gold and jewels, now thanks to our recent advances in technology, we have now shifted that lust, and ultimately we are addicted to technological convenience. we will get bored, just sooner or later is the question.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Interesting take.

The only issue I have is the fact there is almost 7 billion people on this planet, so the delicate balance will either be push to the brink of destruction, or maybe the majority will have a revelation and awareness will come quickly.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And that about sum's it up!

new topics

top topics

join