It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Skeptic to Believer in an Instant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

Yea it could have been your guardian angel, since well, I know for a fact that every human has two of them. And through the eyes of someone who can see them, they usually look like men wearing long hooded cloaks.

But what everyone fails to mention is that these angels do not act on their own, they act on orders from God. If you have someone praying for you, or you yourself pray without knowing it, and this can happen trust me, they will appear. Asking them anything directly though will result in some strange #, because they don't have power to go against the commands from high up. If they've been ordered not to communicate with you unless it was necessary they will not. And when you try to communicate with them, you end up communicating with other beings who are simply acting like your angels and fooling around with you. So I never encourage anyone to communicate directly with the angels. They're simply tools

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Yea it could have been your guardian angel, since well, I know for a fact that every human has two of them. And through the eyes of someone who can see them, they usually look like men wearing long hooded cloaks.

This is where I have a problem, because angels don't wear long hooded cloaks covering their faces. As someone who's been studying the difference between angels and demons for weeks now, anyone who says they have a Guardian Angel are actually experiencing demons. Different angels are sent by God to protect people and they don't have one specific angel assigned to them. However, demons do attach themselves to people leading them to believe that they have their very own personal guardian. Only demons attach themselves to people and angels do not.

But what everyone fails to mention is that these angels do not act on their own, they act on orders from God. If you have someone praying for you, or you yourself pray without knowing it, and this can happen trust me, they will appear. Asking them anything directly though will result in some strange #, because they don't have power to go against the commands from high up. If they've been ordered not to communicate with you unless it was necessary they will not. And when you try to communicate with them, you end up communicating with other beings who are simply acting like your angels and fooling around with you. So I never encourage anyone to communicate directly with the angels. They're simply tools

Now this, I totally agree with.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by jar11
I am so tired of people being rude to each other here. If you don't believe it, you don't have to but just shut your mouth. Seriously. I'm not saying I believe this story but the finger pointing "liar" makes me sick. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they at least believe themselves this happened to them. I posted awhile back about my friend being really sick and having doctors laughing him out of the office and I got accused left right and centre of karma whoring and seeking attention. What happened to compassion? Move along.

Why should anyone show anyone else compassion when posting a completely fabricated BS story?

No links? No pictures? Then it gets no respect.

Provide evidence for your claims and we can have a civil discussion. Until then, stories like this are just attention whoring lies that do nothing but stroke the egos of believers. Then when a rational response comes along, here come the emotional believers saying "play nice!" WAKE UP! THERE ARE NO GHOSTS

Personally, I hate when people deliberately spread fabrications, but only because there are so many simple-minded (innocent types) that will fall for anything. If there's one thing that upsets me above all else it's when people waste their lives living a complete lie. When we look at all the impossibilites and contradictions in the bible, it is easy to get really frustrated with people that believe in it 110%.

This OP, however, has no contradictions. And we can't say it's impossible because we don't know what it is. I would lean heavily on an answer based on and within the laws of physics, but this still doesn't accuse anyone of lying.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Well the hooded cloak thing is what they appeared like to me when I was a child, I don't believe thats what they look like in REALITY. Its just an appearance they put on. And a friend has seen them in this look through remote viewing (without actually knowing I had seen them like this before).

I know they aren't demons though, because I made the mistake of asking them directly for help after that and I felt very uneasy like they were angry with me or something. So I know they aren't demons because they don't want me to asking them anything directly. They don't like that.

Also, I agree that angels do not attach themselves to anyone. God assigns them to you, but I'm not sure on how long the durations are.
edit on 27-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Well the hooded cloak thing is what they appeared like to me when I was a child, I don't believe thats what they look like in REALITY. Its just an appearance they put on. And a friend has seen them in this look through remote viewing (without actually knowing I had seen them like this before).

Remote viewing may be the problem here. I wouldn't do that any more than I would try to speak to a demon.

I know they aren't demons though, because I made the mistake of asking them directly for help after that and I felt very uneasy like they were angry with me or something. So I know they aren't demons because they don't want me to asking them anything directly. They don't like that.

An angel would never get upset or mad at you. They are sent here as messengers to help you. Anything angry would not be of God. This is why I totally agreed that people shouldn't try to contact spirits of any kind. You're never sure which ones are going to come through. Also, children are not immune from demon harassment. I don't believe God would ever allow a demon to hurt a child, but a child can be harassed. Some of my research suggests that when children are harassed, that maybe they had a parent or a grandparent they may have dabbled in the occult at one time in their lives that might have opened up a door to the whole family. They come in a disguise of peace and light, even try to help you to deceive you, and then they'll turn on you if they realize they're not brainwashing you into their way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

Thanks for sharing that... sometimes you have to see to belief. I have seen some similar stuff and it was a life changing experience.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure how to describe it...it wasn't anger like anger as we know it. It was mostly disapproval I guess.

As for the remote viewing bit, its totally upto the person doing it whether they do physical remote viewing or the ethereal I believe. Because as much as I try to remote view, I cannot for the life of me see things I cannot see with my two eyes. They're always in the physical plane. Whereas the certain friend I spoke of left himself open to a lot of things and could handle it. -Shrugs- its not as bad as playing with a ouija board I can tell you that lol

But yea I agree with the whole kids can be harassed bit. And its not just people dabbling in the occult that'll do it, if the kid hangs around weird areas (especially at night) or spiritually unclean places they will latch on and then cause a lot of trouble for the child. But my mom has always been spiritually strong in terms of protecting us and teaching us what to do and not to do. Plus my religion is big on avoiding complete contact with spirits so its a big no no where we come from.
edit on 27-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am so tired of people being rude to each other here. If you don't believe it, you don't have to but just shut your mouth. Seriously. I'm not saying I believe this story but the finger pointing "liar" makes me sick. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they at least believe themselves this happened to them. I posted awhile back about my friend being really sick and having doctors laughing him out of the office and I got accused left right and centre of karma whoring and seeking attention. What happened to compassion? Move along.

Why should anyone show anyone else compassion when posting a completely fabricated BS story?

Provide evidence for your claims and we can have a civil discussion. Until then, stories like this are just attention whoring lies that do nothing but stroke the egos of believers. Then when a rational response comes along, here come the emotional believers saying "play nice!" WAKE UP! THERE ARE NO GHOSTS

This is a DISCUSSION forum not a picture sharing service. Pictures are a bonus. We're all here to discuss, share and connect with like minded individuals. Put away your torch and pitchfork! You have to admit if there was pictures and or videos you'd say exactly the same thing. If this isn't a topic you're interested in then why on earth are you taking part in this thread? Looking forward to your response/rationalization.
edit on 28-4-2012 by jar11 because: Punctuation correction.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well then, you get "no respect" from me for being an ignorant p.o.s.

2nd

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

I also believe you, this has happened to me many times. Since my memory begins this has been happening. It has happened during broad daylight and at night. It only happened twice during the day though and that was during a very involved period of mine (meaning I was peering through doorways and head-on engaging a dark entity without really knowing what I was doing). The cloud moves like ink through the air, enveloping and consuming. It has a very strong presence and I spent my childhood pretty afraid of it, though not as much as my younger brother. Connections to the paranormal have long been in my family though. My grandmother was a powerful witch and often visited my aunts and dad when they were young. Before I ever knew who she was she visited me in my dreams as a child over and over and over again, though I never spoke to her. She committed suicide when my dad was 7. I didn't know that until age 13. I didn't know that she visited my aunts until just this past year when they opened up about her. Also, my family descends from the Maya, a very perceptive people.

I have only told 2 people of this experience and they were both dumbfounded but believed me. It's hard for me to imagine someone perceiving that as beautiful. Perhaps because you weren't alone and had no similar prior experience to base it off of or maybe they are not the same kind of happening. I believe you either way though!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Me and my dad has had an Experience like this at diffrent times in our lives... Years back a black Cloud like thing came into the house with him and floated above him and then fell on him and just held him and he told me it felt like a car fell on him thats how heavy it was. I thought he was high. Till about a year ago It happend to me and Now I don't doubt anything out of this world he tells me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join