It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help finding a map!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello there, first let me state my reason for needing a map. If you dont want to read it and just want to help me, skip the next paragraph.

Me and a friend one day decided that we should walk to California to help promote the Buisness we are starting so it can start taking off (the buisness is to sell BBQ sauce) and also we will help charities to by donating money. I started researching about it and read other stories from other people that have done it(the walk) and im aware it is completely possible. One thing i have a hard time finding is a map. A map that shows me a route that i can walk on.

Im trying to find a detailed(-ish) map that allows me to walk from Ohio to California, if anyone can find a map like that I will be grateful for the help.

Future thanks to everyone that helps me out.(:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ConfusedPeasant

The 70 to the 44 to the 40 - google maps

maps.google.com...
edit on 26-4-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by YourDreamsCanceled

hmm I feel like i would have to go one many roads instead of just three. do you think you can send me the link?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Just go to Google maps and type in the destination. They have a "backpacking" choice. It is located on the left hand of the screen. I would copy it here but it is over 400 steps long.

Google Maps

Google directions
edit on 26-4-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

Just go to Google maps and type in the destination. They have a "backpacking" choice. It is located on the left hand of the screen. I would copy it here but it is over 400 steps long.

Google Maps

Google directions
edit on 26-4-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

This is also what I would suggest. You can customize your map. You can have the map show where certain things are, for example campgrounds and hospitals. You can even make a Google Map public, which would be cool to put up on your website if your goal is promotion of a product. You could edit your map each day to show your new location or other fun things like that.

I would also plan alternative routes in case you come across something on your planned route.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Try your local outfitter (REI or the like), or try your AAA office - they have maps up the wazoo.

new topics

top topics

join