It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing video of how humans have transformed earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
vimeo.com...

I do apologize, i can't seem to embed this video for some reason, however, please have a look.

This video shows how we as humans have transformed the earth, via roads, trains, planes, etc to make it a better place for ourselves to live in.

It is amazing to think, what we have accomplished in our short time on this earth. However, how much more can the earth take, before we have destroyed it?

vvv
edit on 26-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

edit on 26-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks mate, it was a vimeo vid, however, I don't think you can embed them on here.

Thanks however for your help.

vvv

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Very true. I made an edit because the first one posted wasn't the exact same as you linked. But this one I believe is.

Cool video.

For others who may not be able to see the video:

Our species’ whole recorded history has taken place in the geological period called the Holocene – the brief interval stretching back 10,000 years. But our collective actions have brought us into uncharted territory. A growing number of scientists think we’ve entered a new geological epoch that needs a new name – the Anthropocene.

About the movie:

A 3-minute journey through the last 250 years of our history, from the start of the Industrial Revolution to the Rio+20 Summit. The film charts the growth of humanity into a global force on an equivalent scale to major geological processes. The film was commissioned by the Planet Under Pressure conference, London 26-29 March, a major international conference focusing on solutions. planetunderpressure2012.net

Source

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

vimeo.com...

This video shows how we as humans have transformed the earth, via roads, trains, planes, etc to make it a better place for ourselves to live in.

It is amazing to think, what we have accomplished in our short time on this earth. However, how much more can the earth take, before we have destroyed it?

vvv
edit on 26-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

In some peoples eyes we may have made it a better place for ourselves to live in. I suppose it depends on how you want to live.

I don't think we have made it a better place for any form of life on the planet.

We are suffocating the planet. It will not take much more abuse.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes we human can be quite destructive to our environment. Humans can not destroy the planet, to put it in the world of the late George Carlin "The Earth is going anywhere, We are!"

We though that after the Nuclear Accident in Chernobyl back in 1986 (happened on in fact) that the area would never recover, that nothing would ever be able to grow there again. and for a time everything died plants, animals and even people. Now to day the Area is not safe by any standards, do get me wrong the area will be uninhabitable for sever thousands of years, at least for humans. But plants and animals are already making it home again. For humans sever thousands year is a long time but in terms of the Earths over all life span its barely a footnote.

But there is hope for humanity's future. Back in the 1960s and 1970s pollution was so bad you didn't need to measure it in parts per-million or billion you could see it. Things were so bad Rivers caught fire and burned for weeks, that's how bad things were and still are in the devolving world (aka China). But since them we have come a long way and become more responsible and better stewards of our world, but we still have far to go.

I am by no means a person pushing for green technology. The concept is nice but it is not economical. The only way to make it economical is to make the cheep energy expensive, which is stupid. If green technology was so great and profitable private enterprise would be there to make a buck and government hand outs would not be necessary.

Oil and gas I predict will be around for at a minimum another century. Put it like this the day you can find something to replace a diesel engine that powers a semi truck and do it cheaply you will be able to replace oil and the primary energy source. But until then oil is king!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Quark crash lands on Earth in the 20th Century and learns humans irradiated their own planet.

US dumped thousands of tons of radiological depleted uranium over mideast and its blowing all over the world now- possibly 400,000 times the radiological equiv of Chernobyl! makes Fuku look like small fry, too.

depop vs destruction
edit on 26-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

top topics

join