It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALH 84001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just read it on Nasa.(even though it was from a long time ago) Way cool! Life on Mars!!!!!!!! The government has got to admit that extraterrestrials have visited earth soon

[edit on 27-9-2004 by chesse]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do you have a link or any information pretaining to this "ALH-84001?"

I am curious to see what it is you have found but some evidence showing life has existed on Mars might be nice to back up your statement with.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
Do you have a link or any information pretaining to this "ALH-84001?"

I am curious to see what it is you have found but some evidence showing life has existed on Mars might be nice to back up your statement with.

Google is your friend!

As far as admitting that there are extraterrestrials visiting earth, a meteor with possible fossilized bacteria in it is a long way from forcing them to admit to anything. It�s not even solid proof of life on mars because they think that the formations could be naturally caused.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chesse
I just read it on Nasa.(even though it was from a long time ago) Way cool! Life on Mars!!!!!!!! The government has got to admit that extraterrestrials have visited earth soon

Don't worry, the sky isn't falling just yet

1) ALH 84001 in no way proves there was life on Mars. It opens the possiblity, but that's it.

2) I fail to see the connection between single-celled life on Mars millions of years ago and the pending alien invasion.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Chesse,

Please provide more information when you post a new thread. You referred to a NASA article and don�t provide a link to the information. You aren�t giving us much to talk about when you post one sentence threads. Give us your opinions, supporting web-sites and quotes, you will find this will create much more dialog amongst members and give us something to talk about.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
nai.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Old news, has been discussed before, but if you ask me, i think that finding some sort of life like this, doesnt mean evolution at all. There is life, yes. Is there a possible evolution involved? That is unknown, very interesting subject though. IMO finding sort of life like this cannot be transformed as proof for extra terrestrial intelligent beings.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
maybe there is. did you see that episode of the x-files the last one. it talks about mars rocks and carrying viruses to earth and all of life evolved from it.

good episode

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chesse
maybe there is. did you see that episode of the x-files the last one. it talks about mars rocks and carrying viruses to earth and all of life evolved from it.

chesse, an advice: dont take tv shows too close to your mind, its more entertainment and disinformation than reality. TV = business, nothing more, of course, UFO's/ET's are popular these days, thats why they film such stuff as star trek, star wars, aliens, matrix and so on. They basically think about money, nothing more. It doesnt mean reality at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
That's the big thing with TV that most people need to remember. They are only after the money, and the viewer's time. Anything to make the Nielson ratings hike up there.

X-Files, for example, was a good series, but it was in no way based on actual events. Anyone that says so, IMHO, has a very loose grip on reality, and should try and focus more on the proof that REAL people have presented, which oddly enough, seems to be lacking quite a bit.

Just my few cents.

P.S. Again, as I've stated before, if anything I've said offends anyone, it was neither my intent, nor my objective. I also give my most sincere apologies to anyone that I happen to offend. God Bless.

P.P.S. Geeze!! I REALLY should put that into my sig.

new topics

top topics

join