It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowards

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

alright i see, society is quite confusing.

perhaps you're right, maybe i just need some guidance or something

Recently I decided that instead of listening to News or Conspiracy theory talk shows before I went to bed. Instead I would download some audio books to listen to, something that promoted a positive mental attitude rather than promoting fear

I downloaded, Napoleon Hill - The Law of success.

Doom and gloom can get boring after a while. The idea of being able to improve your life has more appeal.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

i wanted to discuss this since just last night i realized i was a coward.

a small summary of my cowardice"
-avoid dogs at all costs
-still sleep with the light on
- cannot bring myself to improve myself
-dropped out of school
-left the only person i ever loved
-dont want to look for a job
-pretty much detach myself from everyone

Did you ever consider that all of this was not what you wanted at the time? or... it wasn't right for you?
Perhaps it has nothing to do with being brave at all? Maybe you are trying to find yourself and claim your identity?

leaving a person you love doesn't mean your a coward...it might have been the bravest thing you ever did.

dropping out of school...doesn't have anything to do with bravery.

don't want to look for a job... how is that cowardice? Maybe it is because you don't know what to do or haven't found what your interested in, found your calling?

detaching yourself from 'nearly' everyone..perhaps your cleaning out your closet? sorting out who you want to associate with and who you don't?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Say whatever you want, but you still have the coolest avatar Ive ever seen on ats. Beyond hypnotoad!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Let's face it, you can't run from yourself which is what most of us are trying to do anyway when we avoid things. We don't like facing our limitations, fears. and sometimes the truth.
Maybe you're really not a coward if you are admitting to it. It sounds to me as if it's something you'd like to change.
Do you want to change it?

When I was very young I had awful nightmares about fish and insects. I was terrified of them both and killed them every chance I got. As I grew older I began to stop killing them and started to study them. What a difference it made! I love bugs now and save them every chance I get and learn something new about them all the time.

Our fears are the things the we have to face head on if we want to grow. Don't try changing everything at once but just find one thing you're afraid of and work on it. It sounds as if maybe you have things too easy if you don't have to work or apply yourself towards anything. Parents can cripple children by not giving them responsibilities or challenges.

What are your dreams? Isn't there something you would like to do with your life - some skill or talent you'd love to master? Those who work constantly and have little free time dream of being in a position such as yours. You should be counting your blessings and get off your butt.

Every last one of us was created with unique talents, interests and abilities. No 2 humans are the same. There is something special inside you that needs expression, that requires dedication and work to see flourish and come to a reality. Start dreaming and get doing man! Time waits for no-one. One day you will be old and wondering what the heck did I do with my life? Don't become that bitter old person who regrets not using their time or talents better.

If there's nothing you want to do for yourself what about doing something for others? Charities rely on volunteer help to feed the hungry, build homes for the homeless and provide other services to people in need. There's arts organizations that help bring programs to people who would otherwise not have the chance to take art, music or theater. If you won't help yourself - help others and I think you will be a much happier person.

Best wishes,
ATA

ETA - Sorry if I pooted a rainbow)

edit on 23-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

yes i do want to change but i dont know how, i've tried sleeping with the light off but i only last a few minutes before i start manifesting all sorts of scary things..i tried getting over my fear of dogs, but everytime they bark its like they shatter my heart...as for the other things, i've tried and they dont work out. perhaps thats the reason for my current state, because i've already failed numerous times.

Do i have dream? of course, but they're highly unrealistic. I realize i do have more than enough time to try to make them happen, but like others said, i'm afraid of failure.

and maybe you're right, perhaps its not about me, perhaps i should devote my time for others.

thanks for the advice.

I haven't a clue about sleeping with the lights on as i can never get enough darkness, but if you really want to get over your fear of dogs I'd guess buying a dog would be a fair fix

not a big scary dog, but a nice friendly puppy, that will grow in to the type of dog you would be scared of (but won't be because of the experience)

i was scared of dogs until we had one

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

I still say this is the worst place to look for advice.

Go find a counselor or something. Say you're threatening to commit suicide.

Best help...is professional help, not by a bunch of paranoid ill-informed geeks.

Perhaps you should take your own advice on the counselor note? You seem to crave attention a little bit too much, while having a habit of spinning things back on yourself and making boasts.

What's a matter, did your parents not give you enough praise growing up?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I recommend using drugs.

It seems the logical next step.

or, go see a professional.

There are some wonderful new drugs for people that hate their lives.

*Note: I am not a professional

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join