It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Federal agents raid Patapsco Flea Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

"HSI special agents, with assistance from our law enforcement and industry partners, are seizing what is believed to be counterfeit, pirated and unlicensed merchandise that was being sold at the flea market," Navas said.
(Source)

What gets me is, the Department of Homeland Security is working counterfeiting cases? I thought the Secret Service was responsibile for investigating counterfeiting.

The U.S. Secret Service has two distinct areas of responsibility:

- Treasury roles, covering missions such as prevention and investigation of counterfeiting of U.S. currency and U.S treasury securities, and investigation of major fraud.[3]

- Protective roles, ensuring the safety of current and former national leaders and their families, such as the President, past Presidents, Vice Presidents, presidential candidates, foreign embassies (per an agreement with the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) Office of Foreign Missions (OFM), etc.[4])
(Source)

The scope of homeland security includes:

- Emergency preparedness and response (for both terrorism and natural disasters), including volunteer medical, police, emergency management, and fire personnel;
- Domestic and International intelligence activities, largely today within the FBI;
- Critical infrastructure and perimeter protection;
- Border security, including both land, maritime and country borders;
- Transportation security, including aviation and maritime transportation;
- Biodefense;
- Detection of radioactive and radiological materials;
- Research on next-generation security technologies.
(Source)

One would think they would be busy investigating the TSA's practices versus tagging along with others in a flea market raid for sports apparel.

Last time I checked, terrorists don't wear their favorite football player's jersey on a suicide run.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Or, maybe they should be looking into the death threats posted all over Twitter that says 'Someone Kill the Judge' in the Zimmerman / Martin case.

George Zimmerman, the accused murderer of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, has been released from jail on bail. Meeting Zimmerman's release are calls (on Twitter) for him to be killed. As Twitchy reports, "Twitter lynch mob: George Zimmerman is out on bail? Let’s kill him!"

But it's not just Zimmerman who is at risk. In fact, there's already been a call on Twitter for the murder of the judge, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester, who agreed to release Zimmerman on bail.

Writing on a Twitter, someone named @Rick_Cobain writes, "Zimmerman released from jail someone kill the judge!!!!!"

Zimmerman released from jail someone kill the judge!!!!!

—  (@Rick_Cobain) April 23, 2012

Already 25 other people have retweeted @Rick_Cobain's call for murder.
(Source)

I'm not turning this thread into a Zimmerman / Martin Thread, just making a statement of something the Homeland Security should be doing in which they are responsible.
edit on 23-4-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

There was about 200 Law Enforcement for the raid. Under Armour & Recording Industry of America representatives were there also.

29INFDIV

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, you KNOW that all those counterfeit jerseys threatened our national security, RIGHT?
I expect to see all-pervasive headline coverage of a TRAILER PARK JIHAD next!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They are protecting the money,not you.

join