It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any way to reduce nearsightedness (myopia) ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am nearsighted for 2 years. It started suddenly when I was reading in the dark (stupid thing) after I finished reading I looked at the TV and I saw a little blur, from that point it got worser and now I have both eyes -2, It stopped getting worser so I am happy about that.
But now my question, is there any way improve my vision?
Once I didn't wore my glasses for 2 weeks and I only got a small headache the first days but my eyesight was improving, but only a little bit.
Is there anyway to reduce myopia? I can't fully stop wearing my glass because I need them for school.
I also do not wan't laser treatment.
Does anyone has any tips maybe?
edit on 20-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It would help to know how old you are.

Myopia (nearsightedness) occurs because the eye is too long and the lens inside is not able to properly focus what you see on the back of the eye.

Do you have parents who need to wear glasses? This can be an inherited condition if you are young and still growing. Remember that your whole body grows as you mature -- assuming that you haven't finished growing to full adulthood yet.

When people get older, there is the tendency to become "farsighted" because the lens loses some ability to focus. Becoming farsighted in this way may help reduce your nearsightedness -- but you'll have to wait many years for this to happen if you're relatively young.

I haven't come across anything that has been shown to really make much of a difference in reducing nearsightedness otherwise.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yea man, strengthen your ciliary muscles! These are the muscles which are responsible for contracting and expanding or 'focusing' the lenses/pupils of your eyes.

I have been using a few different techniques which I have picked up along my travels, and I can tell you within a week I have noticed a change. Things 'look' different too, more full, and alive, rather than through a refracted light source -

some quick info/regiments to consider

there are numerous books in PDF also available, for the keen 'eye'.

Merc

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin

I haven't come across anything that has been shown to really make much of a difference in reducing nearsightedness otherwise.

Our grandparents were the opposite, were they not? They needed (or still need) glasses for things up close, such as fine print, whereas we, the tele-screen generations, are brought up observing from a relatively shorter distance, as such our ciliary muscles are not fully exercised, our routines limited, and over time these muscles become fixed at certain depths (true and fair, some people are born with bad eyes, genetic issues, etc) and we look to glasses as a remedy, which at this point you might realise only worsens our conditions over time. Not to mention, keeps you regular for check ups and new prescriptions! - not to mention all those fancy (read: expensive) frames

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

Apart from standing further away from the object

Found this maybe it could help

www.herbsandcures.com...

Cran

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.

top topics

join