It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugly The Cat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by summermusics

LOL, I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We adopted a feral kitten from the local animal shelter. We named him Ransom (because it was an expensive bill to adopt him). He's now four years old and still wild.

Ransom and our other shelter cat, Kyrie, are both indoor cats. Kyrie is the sweetest, cuddliest cat you've ever seen. It seems her main mission in life is to be near people.

Ransom, on the other hand, is still skittish. Once in a blue moon he'll come forward to be petted, but if you approach him he runs away. I honestly think he could care less about myself or my husband, except at suppertime.

I have a five year old son. He's a typical boy, all rough and tumble. Ransom loves him. Even though he isn't very affectionate, Ransom will follow my son everywhere. Upstairs, basement, playing games on the WII, watching a movie, playing in his room....Ransom is there. At night Ransom curls up at the foot of his bed. This has been a huge help in calming my son's fears of nighttime monsters. He says Ransom is on guard so he's safe.

The two of them will even play tag. My son will be walking down the hall and Ransom will run up to him, swipe him with a paw (no claws), and then run away. My son immediately gives chase. They can play this game for hours.

Animals can enrich our lives so much, if we will only let them.

OP, thanks for sharing that story. It broke my heart a little bit....but that is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Awwww what a bitter/sweet story...you were right about the tissues....TY for sharing it with us.

LOL, I had a "sylvestor" type kitty that "came" with a Nursery we used to own, his name was Spike. Really loved that cat...he actually brought me a mouse one day and dropped it at my feet....I was like " ummm thanks kitty" he loved to lay out in our herb section and sun himself. The customers loved him too, and when we closed the Nursery he was adopted by an older woman and lived out the rest of his days living on her and her husbands farm. ( we couldn't take him because he had "zero" tolerance for other cats)

Please also send out a prayer for "Sammy" my BF's kitty, he has been missing since we had a big storm in CA a week ago. Sammy is such a cool cat, he likes to play fetch, I swear...it's incrediable....Come home Sammy !

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Some cats will take to one family member exclusively and ignore the others. One of my rescues could care less about me, but adores my husband. I have another cat who was found in a feral litter of three, and he avoids my husband like the plague, but follows me around like a puppy.

It is a Godsend that Ransom adopted your son. Kids who get scared of being alone in the dark find incredible comfort when a purring kitty sleeps with them.

Whenever my 19 year old daughter comes out here to the country to spend the weekend, I notice she still takes a kitty to bed with her, just like when she was a little girl.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Prayers and meditation so that Sammy comes back home. Have you put out flyers or asked the neighbors? Sometimes during a storm, a cat caught too far away from home will head for the nearest shelter. He may have been taken in by somebody who is assuming that he is just a stray.

Hope he comes home soon!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Awwww

That was very lovely.

A good message and reminder to us all

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That is a nice story, but I have to admit being a bit upset and wondering why that person did not take ugly in sooner when knowing all this stuff is happening to him.

Anyhoo, My Mia was a stray who's mom was dropped off when she was pregnant. I told my husband the only thing I wanted for Christmas was a kitten. He said no way, he hates cats.
After a month, he finally said we could go look at these kittens after getting the phone call about them. Mia walked right up to him, sat down and started making the weirdest grumbling noise at him. He picked her up and that was it. He was hooked. He still claims he doesn't like cats, as she is draped over his shoulder while watching t.v. every evening.
Gotta love those 'hard-ass" men!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

LOL. I think most men are afraid to say they like cats, for fear of being thought of as a wuss. However, most men say one thing publicly and do another when it comes to cats.

When my husband and I married 5 years ago, he said I could have a maximum of 2 cats. We now have 9, and he loves them all. He's also indicated that we have room for a few more in case we run across any more kitties in need of a loving home.

Yeah....only 2, right?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Cats are like potato chips...you can't have just one.....

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus[/

beautiful story, even my little dog curled up in my lap enjoyed It! :-) poor cat so many of them, I.live in a terribly managed building where rules are constantly changing and cats are being 'let out' so people don't loose their homes..hopefully ulgy was loved at one time!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If I collected cats the way I scarf potato chips, I would have hundreds of them!!

I know what you mean, though.....Cats are actually happier when there are a few of them around, and so am I.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Cats are like potato chips...you can't have just one.....

Des

There is nothing more sweet then watching how much fun animals, lol, us, too....enjoy each others company..♥

www.youtube.com...

of course lot of photo editing in this video, but captures some really special stuff...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

If I collected cats the way I scarf potato chips, I would have hundreds of them!!

I know what you mean, though.....Cats are actually happier when there are a few of them around, and so am I.

Old age has winnowed my cat herd down to 3...for the moment. All 3 are feral rescues....and fat lumps of love and fun.

Here's a photo, I'm sure a lot of us can relate to....

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaughterOfARevolver

That breaks my heart. Kitties that had loving homes, turned out into the cold and they don't know why or what they did wrong to be abandoned and rejected.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Cute video! So sweet and adorable, I think I'd better get checked for diabetes!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

LOL, I am a crazy cat lady. My daughter posted a picture of 4 of my cats laying down on a bed in a spare room I'm working on, and one of her friends says, "No offense, but all those cats and the cat stuff makes you look like a crazy cat lady." She had to inform her friend that the house, cats and stuff belonged to her mother, an Official Crazy Cat Lady.

The two grey manx are brother and sister, and the two orange cats are brothers. The fluffy orange boy only has one eye. They are all pretty big, otherwise there would have been more cats on the bed!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Prayers and meditation so that Sammy comes back home. Have you put out flyers or asked the neighbors? Sometimes during a storm, a cat caught too far away from home will head for the nearest shelter. He may have been taken in by somebody who is assuming that he is just a stray.

Hope he comes home soon!

Thank-you, Sammy has been "missing in action" before, he hates moving and stressful events, We have been blessed that after 3 big scares, he came home, 1st time was over a month, he somehow ended up on other side of FWY, it was actually a little girl who recognized Sammy in the neighborhood, that led to a VERY happy reunioun.

Anyways, TY again for good thoughts, getting chocked up...Really Love this kitty.......

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Some cats will take to one family member exclusively and ignore the others. One of my rescues could care less about me, but adores my husband. I have another cat who was found in a feral litter of three, and he avoids my husband like the plague, but follows me around like a puppy.

It is a Godsend that Ransom adopted your son. Kids who get scared of being alone in the dark find incredible comfort when a purring kitty sleeps with them.

Whenever my 19 year old daughter comes out here to the country to spend the weekend, I notice she still takes a kitty to bed with her, just like when she was a little girl.

Well, Ransom just made a liar out of me.

Walked into the house and he came running. Started rubbing up against my legs...he's never done that.

Now I'm on the sofa and he's curled up next to me, purring like a chainsaw.

Cats. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think cats secretly enjoy making liars out of us, and blowing our expectations about their behavior right out of the water. They have a perverse sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think cats secretly enjoy making liars out of us, and blowing our expectations about their behavior right out of the water. They have a perverse sense of humor.

True!

I think it's incredibly hilarious when a cat does something undignified, like falling off the back of the sofa, and then immediately try to appear nonchalant about the whole thing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join