It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on the biggest conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is my first thread, I'm trying to make it something useful. I posted parts of this as a comment in someone else's thread about conspiracies and I realized that it was different enough of a subject that maybe it warranted some time and space on its own.

Here's my take:

I believe that the illusion of the need to have an Ego-driven mind is the conspiracy.

It drives the material, the attacks on one another, and also that whole "victim" mentality thing along with it. But that's just the beginning. It has to identify with something, it creates identification through form, as the Ego cannot just "be" on its own.

The Ego in all of us wants us to be identified by form, title, condition, and state. Things like being "rich", "powerful", "sick", "poor", etc. I believe that until we find a way to overcome ego, we will be exactly where we've been all this time.

I believe that the coming "golden age" that is spoke of so often, the "Christ Consciousness" or whatever you like to call it, is simply this overcoming of Ego and letting the "I AM" within the individual person be the driving force of our lives.

I think there's also a certain measure of Service to Self, and Service to Others stuff going on, and how that equates to negatively-aligned groups (ET, regular humans, whatever-it-doesn't-matter), and the duality that Earth provides to let us see the results of our decisions collectively. To know pain (collectively), we must BE pain... that kind of idea. I read recently on this forum a well-written article that the Universe and all life within is created to seek knowledge and information. I view this as paramount to understanding why we are all here, and what we are here to do.

I am of the opinion that the Service to Self path and all the negativity that goes along with it (including Ego feeding) is a very temporary thing and the information obtained during our time experiencing it will help us (as a Collective Consciousness of souls) move past it, and move on to bigger and better things that the Universe has to offer.

So literally, I believe the biggest conspiracy is that we need Ego and the Service to Self path. The denial that we are all One and that Service to Self is important over Service to Others (by viewpoint that the most important person is oneself thus denying we are all connected as One)

Well that's my take as I see it today. I may have read a few too many Eckhart Tolle pages, but it all resonated with me.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think when the whole thing boils and festers, we get what appears to be a need for pyramidal hierarchy, where the "worthy" are at the top, and there for a reason. Just like the Ego, this pyramid of power self-feeds. We end up needing secret societies, lies, and a web of deceit just to make the Ego run properly. It is complicated because it is unnatural, I think.

So we get down to it, there's this whole thick mess of Ego-driven behavior, and I think that's what has us in the trouble we're in today. We lie to ourselves everyday, we let the illusion stay in place because our Ego needs what it has to offer.

I feel that if the Ego suddenly extricated itself from us or at least let go of its tenacious grip, overnight there would be the peaceful revolution many of us seek.

The minute we all come to realize we are as One, and there is nothing that truly separates man from man, Earth from man, Universe from man, then what we're left with is harmony. Ego can't stand it, and perhaps that's why we don't have too much of it now.

But maybe in the (near) future?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ive thought many times about this, brains from different nations all working together towards goals. It would advance our race significantly. For example imagine a world space program, what could be achieved instead of fighting over who does what first.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Exactly. But importantly we have to do it without having some Global Master behind it. We have to rid ourselves of the pyramid schemes.

But I guess what I mean by this being the biggest conspiracy is that:

It seems to me that at some point in the history of man (looong ago), we thought it important to have this level of hierarchy and from kings and emperors to present day, it is all the same. I think it is conspiracy that we need any of it at all.

And then we let that self-feeding Ego system grow and grow, and now we end up with Illuminati (the Illuminated Ones... what separates you anyway? Nothing), the uber-rich, the powerful, the feeding system that leeches the bottom and destroys all in a slow crippling death.

What if the conspiracy is the mental washing that any of that is even important?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's another Ego-driven moment -

Patriotism!

Bill Hicks said it once before, and I'm paraphrasing here to avoid his vulgar language (but it WAS funny):

I hate patriotism, I can’t stand it man, it makes me [f] sick! It’s a round world the last time I checked, okay? Y’know what I mean? In fact, that’s how we can stop patriotism, I think. Instead of putting stars and stripes on our flags we should put pictures of our parents [having sex]!"

It is too true.

new topics

top topics

join