It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify where they come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am just curious. I watched an interesting vbs video that showed stoned afghanis just "return" firing bullets aimlesslyat the Taliban. The soldier from the UK explains that it costs the USandUK alot to get ammo there and it dawned on me, where is the enemy getting their ammo to resist a ten year war? Did the gentleman from Texas (Charlie Wilson) really give them that much ammo to fight the Russians for ten years they could fight us for ten more?
I mean in WWII we bombed ammo factories and trade routes and supply lines and rail cars while we killed the enemy. WTF is really going on here? I can find nothing anywhere to answer my question. If we want to go to war to stop terrorism lets go after the suppliers right?

Oh wait this looks like a tactic learned from the drug war. Go after the supplied that way it last forever. Forget the suppliers.

So is this what W meant when he said his Dad was a really smart guy? The apple does not fall far from the tree. No I am not a Bush basher. Just calling it as I see it. One starts a war on drugs with Noriega,et al and the other sta rts a war on terrorism with bin Laden, et al.

Unless you stand to make money and unheard of profits coming and going. Supply and demand (you give up). We wanted WWII to end so we made it happen. We want this to continue so we make it happen?

I ask again, "where do they, the bullets, for the Afghanis come from?"
edit on 18-4-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Wow what a mumbled rant. And yet you mention Afghani's under the influence! Hmmmm Can you see where this is going?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think your primary question as to where they get their ammo is a very good question. Any ATS have knowledge that could help answer this?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Sorry, its late. I tried to clean it up. I didnt put it Rant because I would really like to know. Where do ask the bullets, sulfur, brass, and lead come from? In the US we hardly see bullets on the shelves. I know our boys need the materials and resources so who else it's sering a depletion in resources. Is it China? Russia? Who it's making and selling the EFFING bullets to spearhead the new offensive to kill our young men and women?!
I really want people to ask the question., and if somebody knows tell us please.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the U.S. supplied the enemy with ammo in both WW1 & WW2, why would this war be any different..

Maybe they are running out of bullets, thats why they keep blowing up our good soldiers with IED's...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
I am just curious.

I ask again, "where do they, the bullets, for the Afghanis come from?"

The finding has raised concern that arms given to the Afghan government by the West are finding their way into insurgents' arsenals.

Of 30 rifle magazines taken from dead fighters in eastern Afghanistan, at least 17 contained cartridges identical to those given to Afghan government forces by the US military.

There have been repeated concerns weapons and ammunition could be sold to insurgents by rogue officers in Afghanistan's poorly paid and notoriously corrupt police.

Earlier this year, the US congressional watchdog warned the 242,000 weapons shipped to Afghanistan in recent years "are at serious risk of theft or loss" because of inadequate records. The US Defence Department has full details of only a third of the weapons, the Government Accountability Office reported.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Take a look at this link :
www.guardian.co.uk...

Even though China is excluded, the majority of the top few are American company's and I'm sure I heard somewhere that a member of the elite owns one of the biggest arms dealership companies in the world.. Doesnt really prove that America is supplying the ammunition, but its not an impossibility

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Earlier this year, the US congressional watchdog warned the 242,000 weapons shipped to Afghanistan in recent years "are at serious risk of theft or loss" because of inadequate records.

hmmmmmmmmmm....that's intresting, exact number of weapons missing, especially when records are kept in 5 copies of each shipment, one for the customer, one for the shipper, one for the issuer, one for the warehouse, and one for the transit, everyone takes THEIR own copy..

"bah we lost one of the copies.. "oh well.. " next on the agenda...

ETA: or it's the 'other' side suppling as both sides playing the middle, we 'lost' a shipment, says US, "we lost a shipment" says the 'other' side.. as they both grin to see who will checkmate first using Afgan pawns...
edit on 18-4-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I also found this.

Supplier Under Scrutiny on Arms for Afghans

Since 2006, when the insurgency in Afghanistan sharply intensified, the Afghan government has been dependent on American logistics and military support in the war against Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

But to arm the Afghan forces that it hopes will lead this fight, the American military has relied since early last year on a fledgling company led by a 22-year-old man whose vice president was a licensed masseur.

With the award last January of a federal contract worth as much as nearly $300 million, the company, AEY Inc., which operates out of an unmarked office in Miami Beach, became the main supplier of munitions to Afghanistan’s army and police forces.

Since then, the company has provided ammunition that is more than 40 years old and in decomposing packaging, according to an examination of the munitions by The New York Times and interviews with American and Afghan officials. Much of the ammunition comes from the aging stockpiles of the old Communist bloc, including stockpiles that the State Department and NATO have determined to be unreliable and obsolete, and have spent millions of dollars to have destroyed.

In purchasing munitions, the contractor has also worked with middlemen and a shell company on a federal list of entities suspected of illegal arms trafficking.

They accuse this guy and his masseuse VP of buying Chinese munitions, which they say is in violation of American law.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 18-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
According to a Taliban commander, weapons are coming from Iran.

Taliban claim weapons supplied by Iran

The comments by the commander, who would not be named but operates in the south east of the country where there has been a surge in Taliban attacks, were a rare admission of co-operation between elements within the Iranian regime and forces fighting British and American troops in Afghanistan.

Iran has denied these allegations, but Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles, the British Ambassador in Kabul, said the British Army, which is deployed in south-western Afghanistan, had intercepted consignments of weapons which they believe were "donated by a group within the Iranian state".

The article also says that weapons could be coming from areas of Pakistan, which wouldn't surprise me.

The only other possible source, the arms expert said, would be Pakistan's Tribal Areas where a relatively sophisticated arms industry has grown up. "Until now," he said, "no-one in the Tribal Areas has been able to copy these mines. Both the metal and the explosives are different, very high quality and very effective, obviously not Chinese or Pakistani."

(the mines referred to here are anti-tank mines)

Could be both. That doesn't necessarily mean either government knows who is supplying arms, though.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Predominatly china
But also Iran and Pakistan
It's no secret that the afghanis are capable of manufacturing 'knock off' weapons but the chemicals and intricacies of the percussion cap ( the bit the firing pin hits )
Is another matter
NATO uses a 7.62 round but this is longer than the ak's 7.62 round so they are non transferable
There is also findings of Sam systems and other more advanced weaponry - that once found - through the use of id'ing the weapons features and any serial numbers we can ( the guys at whiz(weapon intelegence section )
Can trace the full documented history of that weapon all the way back to production
Afghans north and west border are quite secure
The southern border with Pakistan is bad land country where much is brought into the country
Again much originating from china and being distributed by the Pakistani ISI
Or then there's the eastern border with china that is relatively quiet as china will not allow aggressive protection of that border !

The Taliban were chinas neighbours for 20 years !
Have a wee poke online and look at chinas links with the Taliban and AQ
Small examples
2 chinese BATTALIONS crossed into afghan in 2001 BEFORE THE US STARTED ITS STRIKES
China offered $1 million to the Taliban for any cruise missiles it could recover
Special forces who were calling in the bombs in 2001 reported Chinese pla dead amongst the Taliban
Chinas cornering of the resource market in afghan ( yeah there maybe $1trill in untapped resources - which some say is Americas reason for the war - but chinas monopolising it )
The dignitaries that met with AQ before the Olympics - to 'arrange' the Olympics safety from a terrorist attack

Trust me the list is long

If anyone has any more specific questions or require more specific answers pls ask

edit on 18-4-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

If you wanted to end terrorism you would just start dropping nukes one them like it was the 4th of July, if the blast didn't get them the fallout would finish the job.

Ofcourse we cannot really do that and i'm not advocating that we do, i am just reiterating that the war on terrorism is a lie, and a waste of time because the numbers of muslim who follow Muhammad are in the hundreds of millions. They follow Muhammad even over their "Allah" (who is really Jesus). Muhammad is who their role model is and all you have to do is look at history to see what he did. They stopped listening to Jesus a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

join