It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post limiting and quality control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Do you not notice that this is a common theme in your own post?
Wiki's definition of a troll:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So in other words:

You're not allowed to post on this website if you have a life. If you sit on the computer all day and do nothing else, feel free to create topics.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by mtnshredder
reply to post by Druscilla

My skins plenty thick and you don't even know me to be making the smartass comments you have. You're a troll go away.

Do you even realize what you sound like there?
Evidence that I am NOT a troll - Moderators have not squashed me, or my post responses other than on 2 occasions. If i was trolling, you could be certain I'd have had thread deleted, and many many more post responses deleted by mods, plus probably even be post-banned.

As far as knowing you, I know you through the kinds of comments you make because your simple statements, and go-away-leave-me-alone-or-i'm-going-to-tell-my-mommy attitude bespeaks of a rather limited psycho-socio-development.
I might not be able to see you in a pitch black room, but, if you stink, I'll certainly know that you do indeed need to take a bath. Similar concepts apply when evaluating and profiling the personality of someone through the words they write.

I've given you all due respect in each of my posts, yet, you continue to act like a butt-hurt little child.

I'm sorry if your feelings are so easily hurt, so, I suggest not discussing anything with anyone if your feelings are indeed so fragile. For instance, if you think I'm going to hurt your feelings, don't put replies in threads I've authored, because I will reply to you. If you think I'm going to hurt your fragile little feelings, don't make comments, to, or about me.

If, however, you want to poke at me, please expect to be poked at right back.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, thanks for proving my point, enough of the childish name calling already. Jeeeeez

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Interesting thread, thinking up new ways to improve ATS is always admirable in my opinion.

Personally though, as a member, I like the current system we have. I think the 20 posts rule is a good rule and one that is working well. Forcing members to wait until they have much more, such as 150 which is a number which you recommended in your OP for example, would potentially really ruin the content here in my opinion, which is the opposite of what's trying to be achieved.

I mean, as has been highlighted by others already, posting count isn't strictly a reflection of quality - In reality someone with almost no posts could still produce an incredibly concise, detailed and all round good thread while someone with 10,000 posts could post nonsense - And let's not forget on occasion members under the system used already spam the boards just to reach 20 posts. Upping the post count could really pile on the work for moderators with having to deal with all the extra spam.

Speaking of which btw, the 20 posts rule is a way of weeding out the spam thread's in particular. See, sometimes people see a Conspiracy website like ATS and they think automatically seem to think "Great! Gullible people!!" and they then like to spam us with wild, ridiculous claims - hoaxing us in other words. "Bernard Schnitzel" or "Elliot" should I say is a great example of that.

Before the 20 rule they could do it pretty easily. They just joined, find the appropriate forum and then make their wild claims. Now, if they really want to do it, it's going to take some work and most of those out there just don't have the patience (thank god). The only forum new members (before 20 posts) can post in is the introduction forum and anything that isn't an introduction in there is gone.

Sure, 20 posts isn't really that hard to achieve of course, it is after all a number that can be achieved in a single day, but I think It's just the right number there and as far as I can see, it does deter spam and liars. There's never going to be an absolutely perfect system, something we should all accept, but I do have to admit, I like the one we have right now and I think it does work. And even so, under the current system if someone has a claim that they feel needs to be seen immediately, they're always welcome to contact the staff and if needs be their thread will be posted in the appropriate forum and be allowed to stay up.

Anyway, that's just me giving my opinion on the system as of right now. Druscilla, in case you missed it, another good thread for posting ideas on improving ATS is this one here: ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

It's always worth posting your ideas there as well, It's a thread that is seen.
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thank you Rising Against, your opinion and guidance is very appreciated.
I'll be sure to check out the link you've provided.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join